Rams not offering tender to Setterstrom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rams not offering tender to Setterstrom

The Rams will not extend a restricted free agent tender to OG Mark Setterstrom.
    Setterstrom, 26, has been a season-ending injury waiting to happen since entering the league, so the move isn't surprising. The Rams are hoping to re-sign the '06 seventh-round pick to a deal cheaper than the $1.176M tender.

Source: St Louis Post-Dispatch

Re: Rams not offering tender to Setterstrom

I hope we can resign him, but no way would I pay him that much. What is the league minimum? haha

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• onslaught11
      Have we tendered Cog, Victor, and Setterstrom yet?
      by onslaught11
      Have we made a tender offer to our RFA: Adenyaju, Setterstrom, and Incognito?

It would be a shame if we didn't. By tendering them, we would get a draft pick if we don't match the salary of another team offer.

Cog would get a 3rd, Victor a 4th, and Setterstrom a 7th.

I believe the RFA tender is something like 800K for each of them. I could be wrong with the number but it would not be much more for these role player to keep on the team.
      -02-26-2009, 09:23 AM
    • Richbert88
      Mark Setterstrom
      by Richbert88
      Found this little blurb.....

Charley Walters- Ex-Gophers offensive lineman Mark Setterstrom, 26, who played five seasons for the St. Louis Rams, will graduate with a degree in civil engineering from his alma mater next week.

Does anybody know how Mark is doing?
      -05-01-2011, 02:24 PM
    • Nick
      Rams re-sign Setterstrom
      by Nick
      Courtesy of the Rams' Twitter account....
      -03-16-2010, 03:43 PM
    • Rambos
      Mark Setterstrom played well
      by Rambos
      That was a hell of a block and SJ for the first time took one to the house from deep!!...
      -11-27-2006, 11:25 AM
    • MauiRam
      Center Stage for Setterstrom ??
      by MauiRam
      center stage for Setterstrom?
      By Jim Thomas
      ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
      Wednesday, Mar. 26 2008

It's not as if Mark Setterstrom can predict the future. But his idea to work at
      the center position a couple of months ago might prove to be a good move.

Early in the offseason, Setterstrom was in St. Louis for a week of rehab work,
      checking in with Rams trainers on the progress of his knee surgery in October.
      When he returned home to Minnesota, Setterstrom took a football with him to
      work at the center position.

This was long before Jacob Bell was on the Rams' horizon.

"I just thought it'd be a good thing to have in the back of my pocket to work
      on snapping," Setterstrom said, "in case I needed to slide over the center any
      time this year."

Setterstrom was a rookie surprise in 2006, starting the final six games at left
      guard. He opened the '07 campaign as the Rams' starting left guard but suffered
      a season-ending knee injury in Game 3.

Besides continuing his rehab work from that surgery, Setterstrom worked on
      snapping particularly shotgun-formation snapping with some of his former
      college teammates at the University of Minnesota. Shotgun snapping wasn't just
      an occasional way for Setterstrom to pass the winter months.

"I did that three days a week all winter," Setterstrom said. "So I'm feeling
      pretty good at that."

Obviously, there's more to playing center than shotgun snapping.

"It's going to take some time to learn the techniques and the things that go
      along with playing center," Setterstrom said. "But as far as learning the
      offense and making the (line) calls, I think I should feel pretty comfortable
      with that."

All the center work might come in handy because in the opening week of the free
      agency period, the Rams signed Bell to a $36 million contract to play left
      guard. Had Setterstrom not suffered the knee injury, he might still be the
      Rams' starting left guard. But it happened, there's a new starter, and
      Setterstrom chalks it up as part of the game.

"I don't really take it as a slap in the face,'' he said. "I think they wanted
      to bring in some extra offensive line help, and it just happened to be at my
      position. Just because they brought another guy in doesn't mean they don't want
      me around. That's the way I'm taking it."

Setterstrom isn't sure if he'll be doing any work at guard once the team gets
      to the organized team activities and minicamps in May and June.

"I talked to the coaches, and they said they want to give me a shot to develop
      at center," he said....
      -03-26-2008, 02:29 AM
    Working...
    X