Hank Fraley signs with Rams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hank Fraley signs with Rams

Fraley's agent has announced on his Twitter account that he has cancelled a proposed visit with the Kansas City Chiefs and has instead signed with the Rams.

Decent signing - solid back up C and also gives us depth at Guard.

Re: Hank Fraley signs with Rams

Fun Fact: Hank Fraley played his first NFL game against the Saint Louis Rams on September 9, 2001, while with the Philadelphia Eagles. Fraley was fined for an illlegal downfield block, in that game. Welcome to the Rams, Hank!
    sigpic

Comment

Good signing, good depth.

Comment

Originally posted by RAMarkable View Post
        Good signing, good depth.
        I've been seeing traces of Tx everywhere recently

I like this signing. It'll be interesting to see just how much he's going to get. Seeing as I don't exactly know who our backup C was last season (Was is Setterstrom??) I can only see this signing as a good thing. He's not a big name but he provides valuable experience as a swingman on the inside of the OL.

Comment

i believe it was Setterstrom, yes. Which wasnt good because of course he was always injured!

Fraley may be relatively old at 32 (33 at the start of the season), but i think he would be an upgrade at RG
          @EssexRam_

Comment

good signing for depth..im not seeing him as a starter at guard tho..i think Bell & Greco are gonna be our starters and im fine with that..also expect more linemen to come in the late rounds of the draft..perhaps two but definately one. i see Fraley playing the Setterstrom role from last year where he was number 2 Centre and 3rd or 4th OG.

Comment

Hank Fraley, NFL guard

Height: 6-3 Weight: 310 Age: 32

Born: 9/21/1977 Gaithersburg, MD

College: Robert Morris

Experience: 11th season

HS: Gaithersburg HS [MD]

Year ------ Team --- G - GS
              2009 Clvlnd Brown 15 -- 4
              2008 Clvlnd Brown 16 - 16
              2007 Clvlnd Brown 16 - 16
              2006 Clvlnd Brown 16 - 16
              2005 Philly Eagles 8 --- 8
              2004 Philly Eagles 16 - 16
              2003 Philly Eagles 16 - 16
              2002 Philly Eagles 16 - 16
              2001 Philly Eagles 16 - 15
              2000 Philly Eagles 0 --- 0
              ________________________ Source: NFL.com

:ram: Well, he can definitely play starter if need be. Good depth, I agree.

Hey, Robert Morrris College had / has a football team?
              Last edited by RealRam; -03-15-2010, 04:03 PM. Reason: Format

Comment

regardless of what the idiots out there are saying, the Rams are doing some good things in FA and makign soem solid signings, I'll just waait for this signing to get bashed for not being steve hutchinson however..

Comment

Not an exciting signing, but he's still pretty good. I wouldn't even be surprised if he winds up starting at guard. Offensive linemen tend not to decline as quickly as players at other positions since they don't rely on speed. He can help tide us over for a year or two until we've sorted out the long-term future of the position.

Comment

Fraley joins Rams

From NFL Network:

Veteran offensive lineman Hank Fraley has agreed to terms with the St. Louis Rams, according to his agent, Ralph Cindrich.
                    Fraley, who was released by the Browns before the start of free agency, can play both center and guard. He had been in negotiations with the Rams over the last several days and also had been scheduled to meet with the Chiefs.
                    Fraley, a starter throughout his 10 seasons with the Eagles and Browns, started four games last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
                      regardless of what the idiots out there are saying, the Rams are doing some good things in FA and makign soem solid signings, I'll just waait for this signing to get bashed for not being steve hutchinson however..
                      Agreed. I think this is definitely an underrated signing, and we'll see him on the line quite a bit this year.

Comment

I like this pick-up good stuff

Comment

Originally posted by dgr828 View Post
                          Fun Fact: Hank Fraley played his first NFL game against the Saint Louis Rams on September 9, 2001, while with the Philadelphia Eagles. Fraley was fined for an illlegal downfield block, in that game. Welcome to the Rams, Hank!
                          Interesting, that was my first NFL game I ever watched and first ever televised in my country. Of course, I was immediately contaminated, by this sport, and thanks God, by Rams.

Comment

Good stuff Deveaney!

Comment

We had no one who could really play C when Brown went down last year and Fraley can. This is one signing that is providing excellent depth.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• thickandthin
                                Hank Fraley
                                by thickandthin
                                According to Jason La Confora from NFL Network:

Offensive lineman Hank Fraley is in negotiations with the St. Louis Rams, according to his agent, Ralph Cindrich.
                                Fraley, an interior lineman who can play center and guard, is also scheduled to meet with the Chiefs next week.
                                The Chiefs signed C Casey Wiegmann on Friday and have G Ryan Lilja scheduled for a visit on Monday.
                                -03-13-2010, 03:07 PM
                              • TheBritishRam
                                Hank Fraley to visit rams
                                by TheBritishRam
                                Cut by the Cleveland Browns last week, veteran offensive lineman Hank Fraley is going to visit the St. Louis Rams, according to his agent, Ralph Cindrich.

Fraley is an experienced blocker with 52 starts for the Browns over the past four seasons.

He previously played for the Philadelphia Eagles.

Last season, Fraley appeared in 15 games with four starts.

His release wasn't a surprise considering the presence of talented young center Alex Mack, the Browns' first-round pick last spring.

Now, he's in a job-hunting mode.

The Rams are his first visit since being released.
                                -03-11-2010, 08:04 AM
                              • MauiRam
                                Fraley Finding Niche Fast ..
                                by MauiRam
                                Tuesday, May 25, 2010
                                By Nick Wagoner
                                Senior Writer

For a 10-year NFL veteran, the idea of putting on the pads and trudging through another long practice in the burgeoning summer heat might be less favorable than a visit to the dentist.

For newly added offensive lineman Hank Fraley, there’s nowhere he’d rather be.

“It’s a dream come true for me every year,” Fraley said. “So each year I treat it like it’s my first and it could be my last. I just love football and being around the guys and playing so I just try to bring that energy and if I am down, I hope there are guys I can lean on to get me up. But I try to be positive every day. It’s a job but it’s fun.”

Fraley says he has been playing football since he was 6 and now, at 32, he still plays with the same childlike enthusiasm that has carried him through an accomplished NFL career.

When the Rams went searching for some depth on the interior of their offensive line during the free agent signing period, they had hoped to find someone with the versatility to play all three interior spots.

It was considered a bonus if they could find someone who combined that versatility with the experience and leadership skills to help out their many young linemen.

Enter Fraley, who fit the bill and then some. On March 12, the Rams signed Fraley to a three-year contract after he spent the previous four seasons with Cleveland. The idea was to bring in someone capable of backing up Jason Brown at center and compete for a possible starting job at guard.

In just a couple of months and four organized team activities, Fraley has already done much more than that, according to coach Steve Spagnuolo.

“Here he is a veteran guy and he’s working with the second and third (team) once in a while and doesn’t complain one bit,” Spagnuolo said. “I will watch him rallying those young guys together like in the two minute drill, pumping guys up. We need that.”

Not that Spagnuolo or offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur is even remotely surprised by what Fraley brings to the table.

In fact, it was the presence of Spagnuolo and Shurmur in St. Louis that helped sway Fraley from some other potential landing spots when he embarked on free agency.

Fraley spent the first six years of his career in Philadelphia where Spagnuolo was coaching defensive backs and linebackers and Shurmur was tutoring quarterbacks.

Although neither Spagnuolo nor Shurmur coached Fraley’s position, they both formed a relationship with the young lineman.

“I had a good relationship with those guys even though they didn’t coach my position,” Fraley said. “I liked their attitude and I always felt they were great and would go somewhere and do bigger things and that’s what they are doing here. When I got here it was just like seeing those guys again was like...
                                -05-26-2010, 09:15 PM
                              • thickandthin
                                Fraley joins Rams
                                by thickandthin
                                From NFL Network:

Veteran offensive lineman Hank Fraley has agreed to terms with the St. Louis Rams, according to his agent, Ralph Cindrich.
                                Fraley, who was released by the Browns before the start of free agency, can play both center and guard. He had been in negotiations with the Rams over the last several days and also had been scheduled to meet with the Chiefs.
                                Fraley, a starter throughout his 10 seasons with the Eagles and Browns, started four games last season.
                                -03-14-2010, 09:11 PM
                              • Ramblin` Ram
                                C Fraley,LB Diggs visit Rams.
                                by Ramblin` Ram
                                C Fraley, LB Diggs visit Rams Park
                                By Jim Thomas
                                St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Veteran offensive linemen Hank Fraley completed his visit with the St. Louis Rams on Friday afternoon. So did linebacker Na’ill Diggs.

But both free agents left without a contract.

Fraley, who was released recently by the Cleveland Browns, has played center for most of his 10-year career but can also play guard.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
                                id take both for depth...Paris Lenon has visited the Cards btw..
                                -03-13-2010, 04:53 AM
                              Working...
                              X