Adam Shefter say's Khan will not be the next Rams owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam Shefter say's Khan will not be the next Rams owner

Shefter on 101ESPN the Fastlane just said that this (Khan's approval) "is far from a slam dunk" and that it "would surprise him if he is approved" and his "sense is that Khan will NOT be the next owner of the St.Louis Rams."
    Last edited by r8rh8rmike; -03-30-2010, 11:26 AM. Reason: No links.

Re: Adam Shefter say's Khan will not be the next Rams owner

Schefter throws stuff at the wall and hopes it sticks. You guys think Bernie is bad, this guy is worse.

Comment

I don't know that Shefter is worse but he didn't outline WHY he felt that. He didn't give reasons or give details that he had even talked with anyone about the subject. If it's about the IRS, he's already paid the taxes and penalties, right now he's arguing with the IRS about whether he should get it BACK. How many NFL franchise owners do you think had a tax sheltered investment at some point?

Comment

Where does he get this "sense"? Did he do a straw poll of the owners? Like RebelYell said, he gives no reason why he "senses" this. Seems like a strange thing to report and irresponsible if he's just throwing it out there.

Comment

He is not a credible source. Until it comes from a credible source, its irrelevant really...

Comment

I concur with previous posts; Why does Shefter feel this way? On what basis does he hold his opinion? It really doesn't leave us with much. He makes a statement and then leaves us hanging. Irresponsible journalism, in my opinion.

Comment

Ya, I'm going to trust shefter and not the multiple owners who have had meeting with Khan and came away with good impressions.

Comment

I think Schefter has good sources and info when it comes to player news, not so sure about he's sources when it comes to NFL owners..

Comment

Why would the other owners decide against Khan?

Comment

Originally posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
                    I concur with previous posts; Why does Shefter feel this way? On what basis does he hold his opinion? It really doesn't leave us with much. He makes a statement and then leaves us hanging. Irresponsible journalism, in my opinion.
                    Shifty Shefter is at it again. He needs to get a real job.
                    sigpic :ram::helmet:

Comment

Originally posted by Bar-bq View Post
                      Why would the other owners decide against Khan?
                      Race? He is not part of the Good ol'Boys Club? He might keep the team in St. Louis?

Comment

shefter is actually almost always right, i don't know where this hate on him is coming from, but i think he made it pretty clear that this is just his gut feeling from talking to teams around the league, and not really anything he can put on paper.

Comment

Originally posted by molar_pistol View Post
                          shefter is actually almost always right, i don't know where this hate on him is coming from, but i think he made it pretty clear that this is just his gut feeling from talking to teams around the league, and not really anything he can put on paper.
                          He made no mention of talking to anyone or any team. Along with saying he "sensed" the approval is far from a slam dunk, he said he'd be surprised if Kahn is approved and that he "guessed" he would not be the next owner of the Rams. IMO, that's a bold statement to make with absolutely zero perspective given as to what he's basing it on.

Comment

Let's just hope he's wrong and if Khan isn't approved the owners best give some damn good reasons as to why or the race card will be whipped out and held up for all to see.

Comment

wether you believe him or not, keep in mind unless its a done deal, ANYTHiNG can happen..

Comment

Working...
                              X