Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Build the Perfect Ram

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Build the Perfect Ram

    Here's a pre-draft passing the time thread for you...

    Build the perfect Ram by listing a player who fits the following attributes (please don't use the same player for more than one category):

    Physical Traits: Strength
    Physical Traits: Speed/Agility
    Physical Traits: Skill/Precision
    Toughness
    Leadership Skills
    Charisma/Personality
    Team Loyalty/Best Teammate
    Big Game Ability

  • #2
    Re: Build the Perfect Ram

    I'll start:

    Physical Traits: Strength: Orlando Pace
    Pace may not have invented the term "pancake block," but he certainly made it popular. In his prime, if Pace got his hands on a DE, it was over. Forget about it. The play could last 30 seconds... that defender wasn't getting in on the play.

    Physical Traits: Speed/Agility: Eric Dickerson
    ED had sprinter's speed in the body of linebacker. He moved like a small back, but was built like a tank. In a sense, it really wasn't fair to the opposition.

    Physical Traits: Skill/Precision: Marshall Faulk
    Faulk could do it all. Great runner. Great receiver. Great blocker. He knew where everyone was on the field at all times, and always was in the right spot.

    Toughness: Jack Youngblood
    Who else could fit this category? Okay, Deacon Jones, Merlin Olsen or Jackie Slater could. But, come on... played with a broken leg? Its gotta be Jack.

    Leadership Skills: Kurt Warner
    How does a guy go from being an unknown backup to a league MVP overnight? Skill and a great supporting cast, for sure... but you also have to be able to take the reigns and get the team behind you. Kurt did that like no other Ram.

    Charisma/Personality: Kevin Greene
    Greene was an old-school wild man. He was pure energy on and off the field. How can that not be contagious?

    Team Loyalty/Best Teammate: Jackie Slater
    In his 20 year career with the team, the only time Slater got in "trouble" is when he stood up for his QB and sent the message to Marc Gastineau that his "sack dance" was not appreciated.

    Big Game Ability: Isaac Bruce
    After years of playing on a sub-par team, Bruce finally got his chance to shine in the playoffs in 1999. He didn't disappoint, scoring the first and last TDs in the Championship run.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Build the Perfect Ram

      Strength: Larry Allen, widely multiple winner of the NFL's strongest man competition and a key member of that 90's Cowboy's offensive line. If Larry Allen got his hands on you, its game over.

      Speed: In terms of Pure speed I would have to go with Chris Johnson. It may seem like an unthought out pick but the guy has ran the fastest "official" 40 time ever recorded at the combine and the guy just flies.

      Agility: Barry Sanders, his balance and shiftiness was purely ridiculous and could wiggle and worm his way out of a rubber-band.

      Skill/Precision: Peyton Manning is a guy who commands the football field every time he is on it and enforces his will on opposing defenses. A tactician that will and can pick you apart all day long.

      Toughness: Ronnie Lott, anytime a guy cuts off a finger to avoid missing time due to injury he has to be one of the toughest guys. Besides that the guy was just plain scary and laid the wood every time he came to tackle you.

      Leadership: Ray Lewis is the unquestioned leader of not only the Raven's defense but the entire team, and he wills his fellow teammates to play better and harder.

      Charisma: Shannon Sharpe, the guy was a fun and energetic guy who was known as a thrill to have in the locker room.

      Team Loyalty/Best Teammate: Teddy Bruschi, loved by New England and in turn loved his team and city, definition of Patriot.

      Big Game Ability: Kurt Warner, a guy who always gave your team a chance to win and performed in one of the most highest scoring games in playoff history with the Packers to give his team a chance to compete and ultimately win.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Build the Perfect Ram

        Originally posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
        Strength: Larry Allen, widely multiple winner of the NFL's strongest man competition and a key member of that 90's Cowboy's offensive line. If Larry Allen got his hands on you, its game over.

        Speed: In terms of Pure speed I would have to go with Chris Johnson. It may seem like an unthought out pick but the guy has ran the fastest "official" 40 time ever recorded at the combine and the guy just flies.

        Agility: Barry Sanders, his balance and shiftiness was purely ridiculous and could wiggle and worm his way out of a rubber-band.

        Skill/Precision: Peyton Manning is a guy who commands the football field every time he is on it and enforces his will on opposing defenses. A tactician that will and can pick you apart all day long.

        Toughness: Ronnie Lott, anytime a guy cuts off a finger to avoid missing time due to injury he has to be one of the toughest guys. Besides that the guy was just plain scary and laid the wood every time he came to tackle you.

        Leadership: Ray Lewis is the unquestioned leader of not only the Raven's defense but the entire team, and he wills his fellow teammates to play better and harder.

        Charisma: Shannon Sharpe, the guy was a fun and energetic guy who was known as a thrill to have in the locker room.

        Team Loyalty/Best Teammate: Teddy Bruschi, loved by New England and in turn loved his team and city, definition of Patriot.

        Big Game Ability: Kurt Warner, a guy who always gave your team a chance to win and performed in one of the most highest scoring games in playoff history with the Packers to give his team a chance to compete and ultimately win.
        Um... only one of those guys was a Ram. I thought it was obvious that I meant to build a perfect Ram from among current or former Rams.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Build the Perfect Ram

          Originally posted by AvengerRam View Post
          Um... only one of those guys was a Ram. I thought it was obvious that I meant to build a perfect Ram from among current or former Rams.
          :| nice........*face palm*

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Build the Perfect Ram

            I don't know why but this list just screams to me "London Fletcher"

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Build the Perfect Ram

              Physical Traits: Strength - Tony Zendajas, what a physique!

              Physical Traits: Speed/Agility - Marc Bulger, PR speed with a QB arm.

              Physical Traits: Skill/Precision - Alex Barron, his perfectly timed explosion off the line is like a patriot cruise missle.

              Toughness - Jason Smith, head like a brick.

              Leadership Skills - Dieter Brock, could've been the president of Canada if he chose to.

              Charisma/Personality - Jim Everett, ask Jim Rome

              Team Loyalty/Best Teammate - Eric Dickerson, he didnt want to go to Indy, they made him.

              Big Game Ability - Ron Brown, dude was so clutch he would close his eyes before catching the ball.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Build the Perfect Ram

                kinda limited in your choices when your choosing only from Rams...

                perhaps we should be able to choose from all players next time?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Build the Perfect Ram

                  Originally posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
                  kinda limited in your choices when your choosing only from Rams...

                  perhaps we should be able to choose from all players next time?
                  The Rams have been around for over fifty years. I think there are plenty of choices.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Build the Perfect Ram

                    Alright.

                    Strength: Merlin Olsen
                    Part of the fearsome foursome that made offenses crappin their pants, the gentle giant.

                    Speed/Agility: Steven Jackson
                    Great use of speed to RAM over defensive barriers and was the pretty much the symbol. of our '09 offense.

                    Skill/Precision: D'Marco Farr
                    Played as a D-line in his own chemistry through proper use of hand coordination that weakened the balance of other players as he slipped through them.

                    Toughness: Jack Youngblood
                    Alright playing the a broken leg and still being able to show a murderous intent, how can I dispute against that?

                    Leadership Skills: James Laurinaitis
                    First year as a Ram and he already commands the defense solidly.

                    Charisma/Personality: Marc Bulger
                    Heh, being sacked numerous times and still showing the balls to play. That's high charisma in my book, and not complaining about? Give the guy a lot of respect.

                    Team Loyalty/Best Teammate: Marshall Faulk
                    Despite recent criticism about the current Rams, he is loyal and dedicated to loving this team as we gave him a warm welcome that lead us to the promised land.

                    Big Game Ability: Torry Holt
                    Pretty close to Bruce but he was well known for being "The Game" coming off of a Super Bowl victory in his rookie season.

                    Tried to stay original as possible.


                    ♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫

                    Comment

                    Related Topics

                    Collapse

                    • RamWraith
                      Which Ram player is the greatest of all time
                      by RamWraith
                      If we can do a Rams team of all time, who alone was the best player the Rams had and could carry a team. Not your favorite, but the best :tongue:

                      Offense -
                      Defense -
                      -06-23-2004, 07:18 AM
                    • macrammer
                      If you could meet on current and past Ram who would that be?
                      by macrammer
                      oJust wondering who you would like to meet

                      For me.....current Ram is Danny Amendola
                      Past Ram is a bit tougher choice.....so many great Rams of the past....but if I had to choose just one I would pick Jack Younblood with Jackie Slater a close second.....
                      -11-06-2012, 08:29 AM
                    • AvengerRam_old
                      Which player had the most "flawless" career as a Ram?
                      by AvengerRam_old
                      In the history of the Rams, which player do you feel had the most "flawless" career?

                      In answering this question, assume the word "flawless" encompasses not just individual and team success on the field, but also includes the following:

                      1. Longevity with the team (bonus for players who played exclusively for the Rams).
                      2. Lack of off-the-field troubles/positive off-the-field conduct.
                      3. Lack of disruptive contract disputes.
                      4. Reputation as a good teammate/leader.
                      5. Health/consistency.
                      6. Quality play in big games.

                      I've listed some nominees, but I invite you to feel free to write in your own candidates.
                      Elroy "Crazylegs" Hirsh
                      2.22%
                      1
                      David "Deacon" Jones
                      0.00%
                      0
                      Merlin Olsen
                      37.78%
                      17
                      Tom Mack
                      4.44%
                      2
                      Jack Youngblood
                      8.89%
                      4
                      Jackie Slater
                      4.44%
                      2
                      Henry Ellard
                      0.00%
                      0
                      Isaac Bruce
                      35.56%
                      16
                      Torry Holt
                      4.44%
                      2
                      Someone else (who?)
                      2.22%
                      1
                      -06-27-2012, 08:34 AM
                    • AvengerRam_old
                      Greatest Ram who has not made (and probably never will make) the HOF
                      by AvengerRam_old
                      Who is the greatest Ram player who has not made the HOF, and probably never will?

                      Assume the jury's still out on the GSOT Rams (Warner, Pace, Bruce, Holt), as well as Steven Jackson.
                      Roman Gabriel
                      20.83%
                      5
                      Nolan Cromwell
                      4.17%
                      1
                      Henry Ellard
                      41.67%
                      10
                      Rich Saul
                      0.00%
                      0
                      Dennis Harrah
                      8.33%
                      2
                      Larry Brooks
                      0.00%
                      0
                      Doug Smith
                      0.00%
                      0
                      LeRoy Irvin
                      0.00%
                      0
                      Harold Jackson
                      4.17%
                      1
                      Someone else (who?)
                      20.83%
                      5
                      -08-06-2013, 08:19 AM
                    • demiurge
                      All-time Ram team
                      by demiurge
                      Sure this has been done a few times before, but here's my take.

                      Criteria - not just a player at each position, but pretty much an entire roster.

                      Must have played 3 years with the Rams, OR set a major record as a member of the Rams if they played less than three years. Also known as the Night Train Lane Rule.

                      Without further ado:

                      Rams

                      QB: Norm Van Brocklin, Roman Gabriel, Kurt Warner, Bob Waterfield
                      RB: Marshall Faulk, Eric Dickerson, Lawerence McCutcheon, Jon Arnett, Ollie Matson
                      FB: Dick Bass, Tank Younger
                      WR: Crazy Legs Hirsch, Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce, Henry Ellard, Harold Jackson, Flipper Anderson, Jack Snow
                      TE: Tom Feers, Jim Benton, Billy Truax
                      OT: Jackie Slater, Orlando Pace, Doug France, Charlie Cowan
                      OG: Tom Mack, Dennis Harrah, Kent Hill, Tom Newberry, Duane Putnam
                      OC: Dennis Smith, Rich Saul

                      DE: Deacon Jones, Jack Youngblood, Andy Robustelli, Kevin Carter, Fred Dreyer
                      DT: Merlin Olsen, Larry Brooks, DíMarco Farr, Rosey Grier

                      OLB: Isiaah Robertson, Kevin Greene, Leonard Little, Mike Wilcher, Maxie Baughn

                      MLB: Les Richter, London Fletcher, Hacksaw Reynolds
                      CB: Night Trane Lane, Jerry Gray, LeRoy Irvin, Rod Perry, Pat Thomas, Todd Lyght
                      FS: Ed Meador, Aeneas Williams, Keith Lyle

                      SS: Nolan Cromwell, Dave Elmendorf

                      K: Wilkins
                      P: Van Brocklin
                      KR: Arnett, Matson
                      P.R.: Arnett


                      With notable mentions going to Bob Brown (only 2 years a Ram), Jim Everett, and Jerome Bettis.

                      Ollie Matson would rank higher, but his years as a Ram weren't particularly very good compared to the rest of his career.

                      Comments welcome!
                      -04-06-2008, 11:22 PM
                    Working...
                    X