X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marc Bulger Released

its offical

Re: Marc Bulger Released

Are you getting that from Twitter or an official source?

Comment

It's on the Rams homepage. Personally, I'm a little dissapointed that they didn't wait for the draft to try to trade him then, although I guess there probably wouldnt be any takers with his salary.

Comment

It was just on ESPN radio..

Comment

Rams cut Marc Bulger on his birthday

The market for available QBs with starting experience got bigger today when the St. Louis Rams cut Marc Bulger.

Bulger, an eight-year veteran, has spent his entire career in St. Louis and has been the team's starter since his rookie season. He's battled injuries and ineffectiveness in recent years though.

He was a Pro Bowler in 2003 and 2006.

Said coach Steve Spagnuolo:

"It is always hard to part ways with someone you care for and appreciate. I was fortunate as a first-year head coach to have Marc on our team. I will always be indebted to him for his work ethic, character and leadership. We wish him and his family nothing but the best."

His release leaves the Rams with A.J. Feeley (signed last month), Keith Null and Mike Reilly (who's never thrown an NFL pass) on the QB depth chart. They are considering drafting Oklahoma QB prospect Sam Bradford with the first overall pick in this month's draft. -- Sean Leahy

Bye Marc

Comment

Rams released QB Marc Bulger.

The move saves $8.5M in salary, which St. Louis will need after it makes Sam Bradford one of the league's highest paid passers later this month. Bulger, who turned 33 today, has seen his YPA average drop in six consecutive seasons and his completion rate fall in five straight while looking shell shocked in the pocket behind a swinging-gate offensive line. He'll have suitors (e.g. old head coach Mike Martz in Chicago), but is unlikely to receive a serious chance to start with his new team. - CBS SPORTS

Good luck Marc, and happy birthday.

Comment

I'm guessing he's going to the Cards to continue the Kurt Warner effect. When will the cycle end?!

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫

Comment

Re: Rams cut Marc Bulger on his birthday

Sad to see him go, but you'd have to be pretty naive to not see it coming. He's been nothing but class for the Rams, and he will be missed. Someone else will have to graciously take the beatings in the mean time.

Comment

This is actually good for Bulger. I wasnt expecting him to be released until after the draft, ie after his replacement Sam Bradford had been drafted, but this gives him a bit of time to look for a new job.

Sad to see him go though, as he was a good player, and didnt deserve to be smacked around like he was at times. He also got heavily criticised for the short comings of the franchise, which were not really his fault.
                  @EssexRam_

Comment

This obviously means Sam Bradford is our starter.. But I'll miss the guy, he's been a great asset to the team, though not the same expectations as Warner. Hopefully he'll have a good career elsewhere, just not Arizona. Hopefully some other team like Philly.

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫

Comment

It was bound to happen with the amount of money he'd receive on/after the 15th. I wish Marc the best of luck with the rest of his career and hope he can bounce back to his old form and play well for a few more years (just not with any of our divisonal rivals!).
                      Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Comment

ST. LOUIS, MO. – The St. Louis Rams have released QB Marc Bulger, the team announced today.

“It is always hard to part ways with someone you care for and appreciate,” said Rams Head Coach Steve Spagnuolo. “I was fortunate as a first-year head coach to have Marc on our team. I will always be indebted to him for his work ethic, character and leadership. We wish him and his family nothing but the best.”

Bulger, 33, started eight games for the Rams last season, but was placed on the reserved/injured list prior to Week 16.

“I would like to thank Marc Bulger for his professional attitude,” said Rams General Manager Billy Devaney. “Since I arrived in 2008, Marc showed leadership on the field and in the community. We appreciate all that he has done and we wish him the best.”

In his career, Bulger has started 95 of 96 games and has a 41-54 career record as a starter, all with the Rams. He has completed 1,969 of 3,171 passes (62.1 completion percentage), for 22,814 yards, second most passing yards in franchise history. He has thrown for 122 touchdowns and 93 interceptions, with an 84.4 career passer rating.

Comment

CBS sports seems to think there is a few teams that wanna pick him up... The question is will he take the pay cut and back up position?

Comment

Originally posted by 10m39s80i81t View Post
                            CBS sports seems to think there is a few teams that wanna pick him up... The question is will he take the pay cut and back up position?
                            He'll have to if he wants a job - no team in their right mind is going to give him starting money and a guaranteed starting job. The best he can hope for is a chance to start via QB battle.

Comment

Goodbye Marc, you were a constant class act for the franchise. Never complained about the situation you were left in, always professional. Picked yourself up off the ground more times then I can count. Played through injury and criticism. Hope you have a good remainder of a career.

Comment

Working...
                              X