Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Bulger being cut make Bradford MORE or LESS likely, in your opinion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Bulger being cut make Bradford MORE or LESS likely, in your opinion?

My first reaction was that this meant Bradford was nailed on...but I've had a nagging question (like others) that the timing *might* have something to do with McNabb going to Washington and Campbell being up for grabs. Trading for Campbell would allow us to get Suh...or do we go for the guy some think can be our face for the future?

I'd still prefer Suh, personally. I think whoever plays at QB is gonna take a lot of hits until our O is strengthened. Certainly wouldn't want to see the rookie in there, but the alternatives (currently) aren't huge. I do think it all points to Bradford, but I'm not sure he'd be my #1 choice.
    MORE likely
    91.86%
    LESS likely
    8.14%
    Last edited by sonnyjames; -04-05-2010, 03:00 PM.

Re: Does Bulger being cut make Bradford MORE or LESS likely, in your opinion?

With or without Bulger I thought the Rams were going to draft Sam Bradford, now I have no doubt.

Comment

A.J. Feeley, 3rd String quarterback to the stars, is currently our best QB. This screams we're betting the farm on Bradford.

Comment

Come on, look at our QB corps. As much as I don't want Bradford, he is the guy.

Comment

Maybe Suh then LaFeavor. Who knows. Guess Bradford will only have to go to ST LOUIS solely for the 19th workout, and not DC so ,yeah Bradford is on his way to the ARCH.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooselini View Post
            Come on, look at our QB corps. As much as I don't want Bradford, he is the guy.
            I'm with you all the way (and voted that way too).

Was more a devil's advocate about the other options on the table, esp with Campbell tradeable...

Comment

I'm not so sure it's going to be Bradford, I think it could be Suh and then McCoy with the 33rd pick. I am starting to lean this way,not sure why other than taking Bradford #1 makes me nervous.

Comment

You'd have to be putting on the blinders to believe Bradford isn't the top guy on the board now. Its blindingly obvious. Mcnabb trade knocked off the potential for a huge trade that the Rams would actually want to do. "want to do" meaning anyone outside of the top 5 wouldn't be desirable because your putting yourself out of contention for the big 3 in Suh, Mccoy, and Bradford. It looks like when Mcnabb got traded, the Rams released Bulger as a respond to prepare.

If you somehow still think we're going Suh you've become blinded out of Suh love.

Comment

I think an argument could be made for the timing of the release to mirror when Cambell became cheap and able to get. Then Suh could be had (1 of top 3) and we'd have a QB.
                  We have no leverage now in talks with Bradfords agent, not that we had alot with Bulger here but anyway lets see how it plays out.

Comment

More likely! Both the Rams and Bradford must clearly be sensing the #1 pick come draft day.

Anything other than that is over-analysis, IMHO. Bulger gone, Feeley in as QB anchor for now ... Bradford being groomed to soon become the Rams 'hegemonic' force at offense. This young rookie seems to be a good man -- as a person, player, and professional (or at least I hope for the latter).

Comment

I believe it will be Bradford. However, it bothers me more now than it did when we still had Bulger. Bradford will not get the time to develop that he needs. He'll be rushed into the starting job. More times than not, that's a recipe for disaster.
                      That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

Comment

Why would we release Bulger aside from money in order to get an equally ineffective Campbell. That guy doesnt give us any more of a chance to win then Bulger did. Bradford is the guy in my mind, no doubt about it and I'm a Suh supporter. I think with the way everything is lining up Bradford will be wearing the horns.
                        Aim high Willis, Aim High!

Comment

Originally posted by Truth View Post
                          I believe it will be Bradford. However, it bothers me more now than it did when we still had Bulger. Bradford will not get the time to develop that he needs. He'll be rushed into the starting job. More times than not, that's a recipe for disaster.
                          Why on Earth do you jump to such conclusions. Your forecast is doom and gloom and he isn't even drafted yet. How will he definetely get rushed into the starting job exactly? I thought the whole point of a Feeley was so he wouldn't have to get rushed into a starting job...

Expect Bradford to rotate in and out of games to get his experience and make some starts down the stretch. Manning started form day one and tookh is lumps and developed into a gem. Depends on the QB whether the job will break you or not and Bradford looks to be the type of guy who rises to the occasion.

How about we look at the bright side. Perhaps he comes in and does well? Yay

Comment

looks more likely from where I am...

Comment

Originally posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
                              Why on Earth do you jump to such conclusions. Your forecast is doom and gloom and he isn't even drafted yet. How will he definetely get rushed into the starting job exactly? I thought the whole point of a Feeley was so he wouldn't have to get rushed into a starting job...
                              The problem with that plan is that Feeley's skill level is "Kyle Boller". He couldn't vault past the 3rd string on a Carolina team that had extensive difficulties at the QB position.

The natives will grow quite restless with Feeley quite early.

Comment