WOAH New Kronke info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOAH New Kronke info

St. Louis, MO (KTVI-FOX2now.com) - FOX2's Sports Director Martin Kilcoyne has been digging into Kroenke's bid to buy the Rams.

Stan Kroenke wants to be an NFL Owner and always has. And so, he maybe just that. It appears he may not have to ask the NFL Owners to change the rule on cross sport ownership in competing NFL markets.

FOX2 has learned that Kroenke is prepared to mover the NBA Denver Nuggets and NHL Colorado Avalanche ownership from his name to another family member's name; allowing Kroenke to buy the remaining 60% in Rams shares from Chip Rosenbloom and Lucia Rodriguez. Kroenke has own a 40% stake in the Rams since they arrive in St. Louis.

Kroenke did make an offer to the Rosenbloom's last fall in an attempt to purchase the Rams, but the offer was rejected as being to low. But since that offer, Kroenke has put together a group of investors that is willing to put up the money to buy the remaining shares for the St. Louis Rams.

With these pieces in place, Kroenke could out bid Shahid Khan for ownership of the Rams at the next NFL Owners meeting set in Dallas on May 24th-26th.

Re: WOAH New Kronke info

Apparently he is trying to hand his franchises down in his family. He also tried to buy the Rams in the fall. He has gotten his own group together so he is not the lone investor
    Last edited by 39thebeast; -04-13-2010, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 39thebeast View Post
      St. Louis, MO (KTVI-FOX2now.com) - FOX2's Sports Director Martin Kilcoyne has been digging into Kroenke's bid to buy the Rams.

Stan Kroenke wants to be an NFL Owner and always has. And so, he maybe just that. It appears he may not have to ask the NFL Owners to change the rule on cross sport ownership in competing NFL markets.

FOX2 has learned that Kroenke is prepared to mover the NBA Denver Nuggets and NHL Colorado Avalanche ownership from his name to another family member's name; allowing Kroenke to buy the remaining 60% in Rams shares from Chip Rosenbloom and Lucia Rodriguez. Kroenke has own a 40% stake in the Rams since they arrive in St. Louis.

Kroenke did make an offer to the Rosenbloom's last fall in an attempt to purchase the Rams, but the offer was rejected as being to low. But since that offer, Kroenke has put together a group of investors that is willing to put up the money to buy the remaining shares for the St. Louis Rams.

With these pieces in place, Kroenke could out bid Shahid Khan for ownership of the Rams at the next NFL Owners meeting set in Dallas on May 24th-26th.
      If Stan has the right to match any offer and has exercised that right, it's over .. He surely doesn't need to "bid" on anything at this point seeing as Chip and Lucia have already accepted Khan's bid. Right??

Comment

I guess if you have Wal-Mart jack you can afford gift taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by MauiRam View Post
          If Stan has the right to match any offer and has exercised that right, it's over .. He surely doesn't need to "bid" on anything at this point seeing as Chip and Lucia have already accepted Khan's bid. Right??
          Yes you are right. It's an idiotic statement.

Plus as Peoria said, it would instantly put in place the gift tax unless he SOLD the interest to his children which means being paid a fair market rate. Otherwise, why wouldn't every wealthy individual just "give" his / her assets to their children to avoid the estate taxes or sell everything to them for $1? Do his kids have that type of money? Maybe. Don't know. Maybe that's what he meant my lining up the investors.

Comment

If he does hand them to his family, there will be a large tax bill involved

but if its really his dream to own an NFL team, then maybe Stan will be happy to pay that tax bill and then still put up the money for the Rams
            @EssexRam_

Comment

........And move the Rams to L.A.

Comment

You know until now I'd almost forgotten how stupidly annoying these completely unhelpful posts are. Then all the rumors started again.

Its a good thing I like this place a lot or I would have left over "and move to LA!" posts a long time ago.
                "I've been saving the Universe for over a thousand years. I figure it owes me just this once."

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Nick
                  Surprise! Kroenke decides to exercise his matching rights
                  by Nick
                  Surprise! Kroenke decides to exercise his matching rights
                  By Jim Thomas
                  St. Louis Post-Dispatch
                  04.12.2010 6:46 pm

Stan Kroenke, the Missouri native and collector of pro sports franchises, is trying to collect another. Kroenke has decided to exercise his matching rights and attempt to purchase the 60 percent share of the team currently owned by Chip Rosenbloom and Lucia Rodriguez

Yes, the same 60 percent that Urbana, Ill., businessman Shahid Khan had entered into a sales agreement with Rosenbloom and Rodriquez.

As part of Khan’s sales agreement with Rosenbloom and Rodriguez, Kroenke was given 60 days to declare his intentions with respect to his share of the team.

Kroenke took it to the wire, taking the full 60 days before making his declaration Monday.
                  -04-12-2010, 05:08 PM
                • MrOrange
                  Its official: Stan Kroenke is the owner of the Rams
                  by MrOrange
                  E. Stanley Kroenke Becomes Majority Owner Of The St. Louis Rams
                  Wednesday, August 25, 2010

ST. LOUIS, MO. – E. Stanley Kroenke has become the majority owner of the St. Louis Rams, the National Football League announced today. The decision was made by a vote by the league’s owners at a meeting in Atlanta this morning. Kroenke will become the seventh majority owner in the team’s 73-year history.

“Stan has been a familiar and respected figure in the National Football League for more than 15 years,” said NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. “He is a proven businessman and has experienced success in all of his sports franchises, as well as serving as a responsible community leader. We look forward to him continuing to uphold the goals and values of the NFL as he becomes the majority owner of the St. Louis Rams.”

Prior to becoming the majority owner of the Rams, Kroenke was the minority owner of the team. He was vital in the effort to bring professional football back to St. Louis in 1995. With his real estate development expertise, Kroenke was instrumental in the building of Rams Park, now known as the Russell Training Center.

“We are delighted with today’s vote by NFL owners. It is one of the very high points of our long association with the NFL,” Kroenke said. “We look forward to working with our fellow owners and Commissioner Goodell as the transaction is finalized and in the years ahead.

"The Rosenbloom family deserves our thanks for all their efforts on behalf of a great football organization and a great city.

“Building organizations that win consistently is a challenge that we understand. We are excited about the opportunity as principal owner of the St. Louis Rams.”

“Fifteen years ago, my family entered a partnership with Stan Kroenke and it has been a wonderful relationship,” said Chip Rosenbloom. “Although today is an emotional day and the end of an era for or family, it is also the beginning of a new chapter in the rich history of the St. Louis Rams. We look forward to Stan continuing the great tradition of the organization. On behalf of my sister Lucia and our entire family, we congratulate Stan and the Kroenke family on becoming the majority owner of the Rams.”

Kroenke currently is the owner of the Colorado Avalanche (NHL), Denver Nuggets (NBA), the Colorado Rapids (MLS) and the Colorado Mammoth (NLL). He is also the largest shareholder of Arsenal FC of the English Premier League.

The Pepsi Center in Denver, also owned by Kroenke, hosted the 2001 NHL All-Star game and the 2005 NBA All-Star game. This facility also played host to the 2008 Democratic National Convention. In 2004, Kroenke launched the Altitude Sports & Entertainment television network. The 24-hour regional sports network is home to the Nuggets, Avalanche and the Mammoth....
                  -08-25-2010, 09:03 AM
                • MauiRam
                  Kroenke: Rams would stay here ..
                  by MauiRam
                  By Bernie Miklasz
                  ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
                  04/21/2010

If Stan Kroenke gains NFL approval in his quest to purchase the Rams, he vows to do everything he can to secure the team's long-term future in St. Louis.

In his first interview since announcing that he'd exercised an option to match businessman Shahid Khan's bid for the available 60 percent of the team, Kroenke broke his customary silence in an attempt to reassure Rams fans of his positive intentions.

"I'm going to attempt to do everything that I can to keep the Rams in St. Louis," Kroenke said in a phone interview Tuesday night. "Just as I did everything that I could to bring the team to St. Louis in 1995. I believe my actions speak for themselves."

In the early 1990s, Kroenke became the lead investor in a St. Louis group that unsuccessfully pursued an NFL expansion franchise. But Kroenke later purchased 40 percent of the Rams from owner Georgia Frontiere as a precondition of the franchise's move from Los Angeles to St. Louis before the 1995 season.

"There's a track record," Kroenke said. "I've always stepped up for pro football in St. Louis. And I'm stepping up one more time."

Kroenke, citing confidentiality agreements, declined to discuss his plan to persuade the NFL to accommodate his bid for the Rams. Because of current league guidelines, Kroenke must work around NFL rules that prohibiting cross-ownership. He may have a problem in gaining clearance from the NFL because of his ownership of NBA and NHL franchises in Denver. The Post-Dispatch recently reported that one potential solution is to have Kroenke sell the Denver sports franchises to his wife, Ann.

Again citing confidentiality agreements, Kroenke declined to discuss his dealings with Khan, who had hoped to have Kroenke stay on board as a 40 percent partner. A report in the Sports Business Journal claimed that Kroenke had asked Khan for "a mid- to high eight-figure fee" in return for allowing Khan to proceed with his attempted purchase of 60 percent of the Rams.

Since Kroenke decided to match Khan's bid, Kroenke's motives have come under scrutiny. For starters, Kroenke didn't express a commitment to St. Louis in the statement he issued to announce his decision to match. Then came a report that Kroenke was a member of an NFL committee that supervises potential new-stadium projects in Los Angeles, which is seeking an NFL franchise. Then came the Sports Business Journal report, which caused more commotion in St. Louis.

Kroenke is bothered by the perception that he'd work against St. Louis, or that he'd scheme to move the Rams back to Los Angeles. He pointed to a life spent largely inside Missouri borders, and his base in Columbia, Mo.

"I'm born and raised in Missouri," Kroenke said. "I've been a Missourian...
                  -04-21-2010, 12:08 AM
                • MauiRam
                  Kroenke's silence might say a lot ..
                  by MauiRam
                  Bernie Miklasz
                  Sports Columnist Bernie Miklasz

ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
                  04/15/2010

What a strange time to be a Rams fan in St. Louis. We're eight days away from the NFL draft, and the Rams hold the first choice. They're probably going to choose talented Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford, a good guy with an accurate arm who can become the new face of the franchise and a symbol of hope.

After three seasons of 6-42 football, this should be a time of looking ahead to better, happier days. But as usual, Rams fans are left to wonder what's going on. The glimpse into the future is hazy. An unsettled, uncertain ownership situation has put the franchise in turmoil. And that's unfortunate.

The concern is that the football operation is limited and unable to spend money and make moves because of the uncertainty at the very top of the franchise. If Chip Rosenbloom and Lucia Rodriguez are selling their 60 percent to Stan Kroenke or Shahid Khan, then haven't they already checked out?

"Nothing could be further from the truth," said Kevin Demoff, the Rams' chief operating officer. "We're making football decisions based on what's best for the Rams in the short term and the long term. We presented an offseason game plan to Chip and Lucia, and they agreed to it. Nothing has changed. There are no constraints. They are actively involved."

The purpose here isn't to beat up on Rosenbloom and Rodriguez. They've made a genuine attempt to give the franchise a fresh start by installing new football leadership. And they have improved the dysfunctional culture at Rams Park.

Moreover, the Rosenblooms were determined to sell to pro-St. Louis interests. They thought they had a good buyer in Khan, the central Illinois businessman who lives within an easy drive from St. Louis. After entering into a purchase agreement with the Rosenblooms, Khan immediately conveyed his pro-St. Louis sentiment and indicated that he wanted to keep the team here.

But Rams minority ownership partner Stan Kroenke cut off Khan's bid by exercising his contractual right to buy the 60 percent owned by Chip and Lucia. Kroenke must persuade the NFL owners to change their cross-ownership rules to accommodate him.

And what if Kroenke succeeds? It's widely assumed that Kroenke would be pro-St. Louis with the Rams. He's a Missouri native. A multi-billionaire and highly successful real-estate developer, Kroenke does business throughout the state. He has family here. He has a residence in Columbia, Mo. And he helped bring the Rams here from Los Angeles in '95.

That said, something struck me as odd the other night when Kroenke disclosed his intentions to buy the Rosenbloom-Rodriguez shares. In his statement, Kroenke said nothing about wanting to keep the team in St. Louis. There was no expression of thanks offered to Rams fans for...
                  -04-15-2010, 09:09 AM
                • MauiRam
                  Kroenke waiting for move on Rams
                  by MauiRam
                  Bernie Miklasz bjmiklasz @post-dispatch.com 314-340-8192
                  ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
                  06/14/2009

One of the more compelling aspects of the Rams' sale is the role of Stan Kroenke in the proceedings. Rams owners Chip Rosenbloom and Lucia Rodriguez, team insiders and other NFL executives and owners are wondering: what is Kroenke going to do? Is he going to make a play for control of the team? And if so, when?

Don't expect Kroenke to lay his plan out for us. He's staying underground on the Rams' front and not returning media calls. He's not about to give away any clues on his Rams' strategy.

Kroenke, worth an estimated $3 billion, is a busy sports mogul. He owns 40 percent of the Rams. He owns the NBA Denver Nuggets, the NHL Colorado Avalanche and the Pepsi Center in Denver. He owns the Major League Soccer franchise in Colorado and the stadium that houses the team. He is the majority shareholder (28.3 percent) of the prestigious Arsenal soccer club in the English Premier League. Kroenke owns a pro lacrosse team, an arena football team, and a Colorado-based cable-sports network.

And Kroenke's real-estate development company continues to prosper, making him one of the nation's wealthiest individuals according to Forbes magazine.
                  So does Kroenke want to buy the available 60 percent ownership block and challenge NFL rules that prohibit cross ownership? Or is he content to hang onto his 40 percent, oversee his other sports properties, concentrate on accumulating more Arsenal stock and avoid a skirmish with the NFL?

After speaking to a couple of Kroenke associates — sorry, no names — I think I have a general handle on his approach. But I can't be sure. Remember, this is the same Kroenke who made no noise about being interested in the Nuggets and the Avalanche, only to swoop in and buy them at the end of the process. Kroenke waited until the collapse of Bill Laurie's tentative deal for the teams, then made his move. And Laurie is Kroenke's brother-in-law, but Laurie knew nothing of Kroenke's intentions.

I believe Kroenke will sit and wait for others to make the first move.

It makes sense, because Kroenke has the right of first refusal on the Rams' sale. He can match any offer for the available 60 percent. By hanging back, Kroenke won't set the market and take the risk of bidding against himself to meet Rosenbloom's price. Instead, it's smarter for Kroenke to wait for another interested party to set the market, then react accordingly.

If another bidder makes an offer on the lower side, and the price is acceptable to Rosenbloom, then Kroenke can match the offer and get a relative bargain. He can save millions of dollars on the purchase. If Kroenke gets a great deal, then he may be more inclined to fight the league over that 60 percent.

And what if another bidder rushes in and pays whatever Rosenbloom-Rodriguez...
                  -06-14-2009, 11:26 AM
                Working...
                X