Its about time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its about time

Thats just the kinda game we have been losing lately. Maybe we'll look back at this game later as the turning point.

Related Topics

Collapse

• RamWraith
    Head Coach Scott Linehan---Thursday, September 28, 2006
    by RamWraith
    (Opening statement)

“No real update as far as the injury front. Really the same with Orlando . Didn’t do much today. Still going to evaluate him, kind of like last week, tomorrow. He’ll get evaluated again this afternoon and then in the morning, and we’ll make the decision whether to upgrade him or downgrade him.”

(On if Pace’s condition is worse this week than it was last week at this time)

“I’m not sure. I think it’s about the same, maybe different. He just didn’t feel very good after this game, which was different. Last game he was going through the initial injury. It’s different. Again, I’m not a neurosurgeon so we’re just listening to what they tell me.”

(On Pace not practicing)

“I think we’re just being a little more cautious this week.”

(On being frustrated with Pace’s lack of progression from last week)

“I just think it’s just part of the game. We’re prepared for it. I guess the thing that’s good is that we’re able to practice for the alternative, not have it come up tomorrow or the day before the game.”

(On the team being level-headed)

“It’s the key. It’s a long season, leads jump. La’Roi …I remember when we had our first meeting, he was talking to the players, it was really after our first preseason game, and he said, ‘Hey guys, you’ve got to enjoy this one and get better. Just remember this is a marathon, we’ve got to keep plugging along and just getting better everyday.’ That’s what we’re preaching as coaches, and players understand that. We’ve got a pretty veteran team in a lot of spots. They understand that’s going to be the key for the longevity of the season.”

(On T Todd Steussie and G Adam Goldberg settling in)

“That’s a normal spot for Todd when he plays tackle too. That’s really his natural position, and that’s a natural position for Adam. He played a number of games in his career since he started with us at Minnesota, when I was there, at guard. He’s played a little center, some tackle too. It’s helped that they had two practices last week and two today. If we have to go that route, they’ve had quite a bit of work together.”

(On Detroit’s defense)

“It’s pretty much what you would expect. I think Rod’s got a pretty good handle on that defense. He’s been doing it for years to perfection. I know Donnie , ever since working with him, who has run a lot of it as well. You see classic versions of it, but they’ve got their own style just like every defense does.”

(On not looking forward to this game because of comparisons to Mike Martz)

“I kind of didn’t put myself in the loop. My feeling is the game is never about the coaches. We’re at home. We’re playing the Lions at home, and once we cross the white line...
    -09-28-2006, 04:51 PM
  • DJRamFan
    Coach Fulmer's Comments On Florida Game
    by DJRamFan
    Vols Play Gators Saturday At 8 p.m. On CBS

Sept. 13, 2005

"Obviously first and foremost we're excited about this weekend and this weekend's game, but I've been asked several times about the LSU (game) time and travel plans to LSU, and things certainly aren't finalized at this point at all. But to be honest with you, any inconvenience that we might have to face or any changes that we might have to make are really nothing compared to the tragedy that has gone on in Louisiana - with all the displaced people - and we'll do what we need to do to get ourselves ready to play and to travel. But certainly our prayers continue go out to the folks who have been affected by the storm in Louisiana and Alabama and Mississippi. I've been asked several times and I know it's something that (everyone) is interested in, and (I just wanted to go ahead and address it).

"Obviously the open week came at a very good time for us. Coming out of (preseason) camp we were a little banged up. And then in the UAB game we had two or three things going on (in terms of injuries), so kids who might not have been able to play (the weekend after the UAB game) are back and ready to play. So the open date happened at a very good time for us.

"We got an excellent start on Florida (preparations) as well as getting healthy. We got an excellent start on Florida and their styles on offense and defense. But this year you count your blessings that you have the open date. In some years you're playing well and really don't want to see that open date come up. But this year was really good.

"Florida is obviously a very good football team. As they've shown all ready, they're offensively very capable of the big play and very capable of running the football. They've kept the ball away from their opponents and had it minutes more than their opponents. They've been effective in their drives, and there are a lot of "big-play" people on the field. Chris Leak does a great job as their quarterback of running the offense, and in particular, throwing the football. They have as good a group of receivers as we've seen at Tennessee in a long time. As a whole I've just been very impressed with them. And last week they got the running game going (against Louisiana Tech). They're really a complete offensive team. They do a good job of spreading you out all over the field and running the option or reverses or shuffle pass or the screen, and it really makes you have to play hard and play well. They put athletes in space and anytime you've got athletes in space, you've got concerns about making the tackle. So we have to do that.

"Defensively, what I've been most impressed with Florida is that they've improved on the defensive side a lot. They're active and an aggressive defensive football team. And then the same thing in their kicking game; they're...
    -09-13-2005, 04:07 PM
  • RamWraith
    Locker Room Quotes
    by RamWraith
    Wednesday, January 5, 2005

S Adam Archuleta

(On how it feels to be in the playoffs)
    "This is three times in four years for me. It's definitely a better feeling than going home and being in Arizona right now. Which definitely could have happened. It feels good, especially after everything that we have been through, to get a chance to go on."

(On his back)
    "It is what it is. It's a situation where I have had to pretty much battle it out, and grind it out throughout the end of the year. Really the only thing that is going to help is rest and rehabilitation. It's been manageable, I've been able to play and get through it, and it's starting to feel better. But Just like any injury, there's setbacks. It's just football, it's NFL football. I think it is evident that I haven't been as physical (this year). I'm not a guy who is going to sit here and make excuses, and say, 'the back has done this, and it's affected me this way,' because I still have a responsibility to my teammates and this organization to go out there and do my job. I know that I haven't forgot how to play football, to be physical, and how to run around and fly around. It just doesn't happen overnight. I have to say that due to not being able to workout throughout the season, my body going a little bit downhill, and not having that explosion and that pop, I have to say that it has been a factor."

(On how he hurt his back originally)
    "It was in training camp. I had a back twinge. It was kind of my fault, I tend to overlook little injuries. Throughout my career they've always kind of gone away and taken care of themselves. So I really didn't say anything about it. This time it just kept getting worst. After the Arizona game I went to (Rams' Athletic Trainer) Jim (Anderson) and said, 'Jim, my back is really tightened up, it's really starting to bother me.' Then we took the MRI and saw that there were some disc issues, and it just kind of snowballed from there. So it's a little bit of my fault for not taking care of it when it first started acting up, and just kind of let it get out of control."

(On how frustrating his injury is)
    "Like I said, it's frustrating because I have an obligation to my teammates. That's what they expect out of me, and that's what I was brought here to do. When I don't bring that style of play, when I don't bring that intimidating physical presence to the defense, to me I feel like I let everybody down. It's hard to look at the guys in their eyes when I had an opportunity to make a play and I didn't make a play. It's hard as a football player, and it's been difficult."

(On if will be back to 100% next year)
    "I'm fine. Trust me, this won't happen again. I've learned a lot about how to take care of my body through this experience. I just can't ignore things, and put them...
    -01-06-2005, 05:27 AM
  • AvengerRam_old
    I've lost... that pregame feeling (whoah, that pregame feeling)
    by AvengerRam_old
    This sucks.

The Rams are playing a division rival on MNF, and I just don't have that rush. No pangs of anticipation. No "can't wait" mindset. Sure, I'm going to watch the game, but its more of an academic exercise to assess the current roster than anything else. Almost a glorified preseason game, in a sense.

And now its gone, gone, gone...

(Of course, we all know that the song ends with the hopeful prayer to "bring back" that feeling)
    -12-12-2011, 09:12 AM
  • RamWraith
    Bulger and Jackons quotes November 14
    by RamWraith
    QB Marc Bulger

November 14, 2007

(On the improved performance of the offense in the last two games)

“I’d say a big part of that is Steven (Jackson). You can’t ignore the fact that when he’s in there good things happen. He just brings that energy we need in the huddle and if we can keep him healthy I think we’ll continue to get better and score more points.”

(On being more in sync with his receivers against New Orleans than any other game this year)

“I think just having that extra second to let them get open. Those guys know when I’m getting hit early that they have to break their routes off short and our timing gets off, but when they know I’m getting time and the line’s going, they can get that extra move and know that I can hold it and they can get that separation. There’s definitely more separation this week than in the past and I think that’s because of the line giving me more time.”

(On WR Drew Bennett)

“His health is good – that helps. We worked on that play in the end zone. We didn’t hook up earlier in the year. I threw an interception because I don’t think we were on the same page. We made a conscious effort to work on that. We got the matchup we wanted and it was just nice that we practiced it while the defense was going last week and it paid off. He did a good job on some deep routes, too, so if we can keep getting him going it’ll take some pressure off of Ike (Isaac Bruce) and Torry (Holt), too.”

(On the ***** pass rush)

“It’s a 3-4, which is a little different. They do like to blitz the inside guys a lot. I just don’t think we played well up front last time. I think would tell you that. We did get some big plays and threw for a lot of yards, but it was at the expense of getting me killed. We just have to do a better job up front of establishing a running game, which will help. I think our defense is playing better. If they can give us some good field position, that will help. If we play from behind, that hurts, too.”

(On being named NFC Offensive Player of the Week)

“When you’re a quarterback and you get it, it’s a whole offensive award. When receivers get it or a running backs gets it, it’s an individual thing. It’s not a big deal, it just shows that our line played well, our receivers played well, Steven played well. It’s a good thing for our offense.”

(On how you become a better team at this point in the season)

“Keep winning games. You hear college coaches and NFL coaches say how good of a team you are, but in this business it’s about winning and the bottom line. If you’re 1-8, you’re not a good team. If we can win a couple more games and get a more respectable record then I can say we’re a better team, but we’re still 1-8 and that’s a bad football...
    -11-14-2007, 05:11 PM
Working...
X