Offseason Review: The Media's Batting Average Is Pathetic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offseason Review: The Media's Batting Average Is Pathetic

How many rumors and "things to worry about" have various members of the media started, repeated or advocated this offseason tha ended up as non-stories? Let's count, shall we?
    • The Rams DIDN'T pursue Michael Vick.
    • The Rams DIDN'T trade for Donovan McNabb.
    • The Rams DIDN'T trade for Albert Haynesworth.
    • Sam Bradford DIDN'T force the Rams to trade his rights away (and I don't think he will this weekend).
    • Steven Jackson was neither charged, nor suspended, as result of the accusations of his ex-girlfriend.
    • Shahid Khan's tax issues did not determine whether he'd become the Rams owner (though Kroenke's involvement, which the media didn't see coming, likely will).
    • Marc Bulger wasn't cut when his locker was cleaned out.
    • Adam Carriker was not traded to the Redskins.
    • The Rams didn't trade the first overall pick to Cleveland (and likely will not do so this weekend);
    • The Rams did not trade for Ben Roethlisberger (and likely will not do so).
    Did I miss any?

The point here is, in he next few days, you're going to hear A LOT of rumors involving the Rams. While it can be fun to speculate, let's remember that, so far this offseason, the media's batting average is lower than that of an American League pitcher facing a Cy Young Award winner.

Re: Offseason Review: The Media's Batting Average Is Pathetic

As a side note, its intersting to see how many of these rumors had a connection to the Redskins.

Considering that one of the biggest sources of these "reports" was Adam Schefter, you have to ask... does Schefter have some sort of connection with Mike Shanahan that might cause him to float a disproportionately high number of Redskins rumors?

Oh... you're just being silly, Av.

On a totally unrelated note, has anyone read this book?

Comment

Originally posted by AvengerRam View Post
      [*]Adam Carriker was not traded to the Redskins.

Hit on all points but this one. I can't wait to see our return for this BUST!

Comment

As a side note, its intersting to see how many of these rumors had a connection to the Redskins.

Considering that one of the biggest sources of these "reports" was Adam Schefter, you have to ask... does Schefter have some sort of connection with Mike Shanahan that might cause him to float a disproportionately high number of Redskins rumors?

Oh... you're just being silly, Av.

On a totally unrelated note, has anyone read this book?

I keep a copy on my nightstand. :|

Comment

Originally posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
          Hit on all points but this one. I can't wait to see our return for this BUST!
          1 for 10 is still a pretty weak batting average.

Comment

1 for 10 is still a pretty weak batting average.
            unless you play for chicago.

Oh! Sha Bam! Ouch. koa might be getting some negative rep for that low blow

Comment

Working...
            X