Excited for.. Friday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excited for.. Friday?

I think it is almost a foregone conclusion that we're getting Bradford. I used to worship the draft Saturday, sitting around all day watching through round 4 or so.

But man, is our pick valuable this year. Imagine last year, holding a high 2nd round pick.. and having 5 minutes to make a decision on a deal.

Can you IMAGINE how our phone will be ringing if someone slips? What is Weatherspoon, or Brandon Graham, or Golden Tate or somebody is sitting right there, just like the Ray Mauluga or Laurinitis was last year, or Devin Thomas the year before.

We could have SOOO many offers if a coveted player is there, and a WHOLE DAY to wait for the best one. I, for one, am excited about Friday draft resuming and being at the top of the 2nd round. For the first time being a bad team in the 2nd round might be very, very, very lucrative.

What do you guys think?

David

Re: Excited for.. Friday?

I think there is more of a chance in trading down with the second pick than there is the 1st.

but I'm more in favor of using several of the late round picks to trade back up into the early rounds. I would rather have 3 or 4 quality players than 5 or 6 picks from the 4th round and beyond.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• AvengerRam_old
      What would it take to trade back into Round 2?
      by AvengerRam_old
      Looking at the Trade Value Chart, there are a couple of possibilities:

Package both 3rd round picks (#71, #92) for a second round pick
      The Rams two 3rd rounders are worth a total of 367 points. This equates to a second round pick in the range of pick #52-55.

Package a 3rd (#71) and fourth (#113) round pick for a second round pick
      These picks are valued at 303 points, which equates to a selection at the end of the second round, around #59-61.

Use future draft picks
      I would not even consider putting one of the Rams' two 2014 first round picks on the block at this point, but I might consider a deal that includes a Day 2 2014 pick if it meant getting one of the top safeties remaining (Cyprien, S.Thomas).

Anyone like any of these options?
      -04-26-2013, 09:46 AM
    • rams_man13
      Moving Back Into The First Round
      by rams_man13
      There's been a recent trend of teams taking the guy they want in the early first round and then trading future draft picks to move back into the first round.

Do you like this move for the Rams?

Maybe grab Curry and then move back into the first round to grab William Beatty or even Andre Smith?

Would a move like this require our 1st rounder next year and our second rounder this year or can teams make it work without the 1st rounder?

What are the odds that something like Pace, Holt and a second moves us back into the first?
      -03-05-2009, 04:28 PM
    • ramhard
      Rather than trading down - I want 2 first round choices
      by ramhard
      With so many teams looking to trade down, I think I'd try to get a 2nd 1st choice. With the CB market being so hot (see what Surtain got!), I think having to keep your corners is going to get very expensive. Signing a low 1st round corner will work out great financially, and in some ways better than if you drafted them lower as you can lock them in for 5 years rather than 3. So I'd trade our #2 and the 2nd #3 (plus one of the comp picks in the 7th if necessary) for a low 1st. I'd pick up Brown with the 1st #1 and get a corner like Miller or Jackson with the second pick (not sold on Fabian Washington).
      That way the Rams get the OT plus CB, and pick up a FS with the high #3 pick.
      -04-22-2005, 10:52 AM
    • jerseyramsfan
      How about Coffee in Round 5
      by jerseyramsfan
      Seems to me we really cant afford to waist one of our first four picks on a backup runningback. That being said I see Glen Coffee out of Alabama possibly being around in round 5. I saw the kid play against Georgia who had a pretty good D last season. He looked great running for 218 yards against them. What do you guys think?
      -04-19-2009, 12:23 PM
    • AvengerRam_old
      Don't Turn Off Your TV After Pick #35
      by AvengerRam_old
      I think it would be a mistake to assume that the Rams will be done for the day after they make their second round pick (#35 overall) on Saturday. In fact, I'd place good odds on the Rams trying to move up to get a second pick in Round 2.

According to the Trade Value Chart, a package of the Rams 3rd Round pick (#66) and their 4th round pick (#103) would be sufficient to move up to pick number 55 or 56 in Round 2. A package of their 3rd round pick and 5th Round pick would be equivalent to obtain pick number 61 or 62.

If the Rams have their eyes set on a guy who is still there around the 50th pick, they will likely start working the phones. I think a lot of teams would be happy to get an extra selection, so there could be a number of takers.

Don't touch that dial!
      -04-21-2009, 08:45 AM
    Working...
    X