Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will we upset during the 2010 season?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Who will we upset during the 2010 season?

    We all know that our W/L record for the last 3 seasons was a dismal (6-42).

    3 of our 6 wins were of the upset variety.

    2007 Season:
    Win (37-29 at New Orleans)

    2008 Season:
    Win (19-17 at Washington)
    Win (34-14 at home against Dallas)

    2009 Season:
    We only had 1 win for the entire season and I guess you could argue that beating Detriot on the road was an upset? So for the sake of argument I'm going to with we didn't pull off any upsets last season. Hard to believe. Sad but true!

    15 of our 42 losses were by 8 points or less. (One score games)

    So my question is where do we see the possibility of an upset for 2010? I'm figuring we will be the underdog in every single game during our 2010 season.

    Get out your coin, eight ball, pixy dust, crystal ball.... whatever you use to make honest and accurate predictions.
    sigpic :ram::helmet:

  • #2
    Re: Who will we upset during the 2010 season?

    Arizona in St.Louis by a touchdown.
    "I've been saving the Universe for over a thousand years. I figure it owes me just this once."

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Who will we upset during the 2010 season?

      I wouldn't be too surprised if we upset the Broncos in Denver. Their run defense is weak, which we can exploit. Their offense is far from potent these days, so I see no reason we can't pull that one out.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Who will we upset during the 2010 season?

        The Fans of St. Louis?

        Couldn't resist. Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised to beat Denver

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Who will we upset during the 2010 season?

          The Chargers because I wanna rip on LongBlood for being a traitor. ;)


          ♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Who will we upset during the 2010 season?

            Originally posted by txramsfan View Post
            The Fans of St. Louis?

            Couldn't resist. Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised to beat Denver
            Damn! You beat me to it, too easy I guess.....

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Who will we upset during the 2010 season?

              Lets take a look at the schedule. We have the AFC west and NFC north. But first lets look at the division. I think we can beat Arizona at least once ( not sure the location, probably home) because Leinart does not scare me or the Rams for that matter. The whiners Im not sure about, but once again we have beat Alex Smith before If I recall. Maybe we get one who knows. Then those Seahags again. We honestly need to beat this team NOW, because it has been too long since we have beaten them. They should have a pretty good team, but there WRS' should be defensible.

              Broncos- We should beat them.
              chiefs- we should beat them
              chargers are pretty good, we probably wont win that
              raiders have improved, but we should be able to beat them

              NFC

              Packers are too good for us right now. Period
              Lions have improved, but maybe we can still beat them.
              Bears WR's dont scare me
              Vikings are really good, dont see us winning that.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Who will we upset during the 2010 season?

                Originally posted by rNemesis View Post
                Lets take a look at the schedule. We have the AFC west and NFC north. But first lets look at the division. I think we can beat Arizona at least once ( not sure the location, probably home) because Leinart does not scare me or the Rams for that matter. The whiners Im not sure about, but once again we have beat Alex Smith before If I recall. Maybe we get one who knows. Then those Seahags again. We honestly need to beat this team NOW, because it has been too long since we have beaten them. They should have a pretty good team, but there WRS' should be defensible.

                Broncos- We should beat them.
                chiefs- we should beat them
                chargers are pretty good, we probably wont win that
                raiders have improved, but we should be able to beat them

                NFC

                Packers are too good for us right now. Period
                Lions have improved, but maybe we can still beat them.
                Bears WR's dont scare me
                Vikings are really good, dont see us winning that.
                We have NFC South, Lions and Redskins.


                ♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Who will we upset during the 2010 season?

                  Originally Posted by lordwhttgr
                  I said it once before on another thread. We will win 9 games in the regular season, mark my words.
                  Week 1 Cardinals at Rams 3:15. We are at home and the fans will be behind Bradford. Leinart's still not ready. We win.
                  Week 2 Rams at Raiders 3:05. Raiders have been crap for too long. We win.
                  Week 3 Redskins at Rams 3:05. Too close to call on this one. First loss.
                  Week 4 Seahawks at Rams Noon. Again we are home and the She-Hawks are a sinking boat. We win. 3-1
                  Week 5 Rams at Lions Noon. Did they beat us last year? No and they had a better team. 4-1
                  Week 6 Chargers at Rams Noon. Don't see us winning, sorry. 4-2
                  Week 7 Rams at Bucs Noon. The bucs, come on, please. 5-2
                  Week 8 Panthers at Rams Noon. The Panthers need something. Lost Peppers to the Bears and still need a QB. 6-2
                  Week 9 Bye Week
                  Week 10 Rams at ***** 3:15 This will be the start of a five game loosing streak. 6-3
                  Week 11 Falcons at Rams 3:05. They are still too hot to handle. 6-4
                  Week 12 Rams at Broncos 3:15. Tebow or Orton, we will have our hands full. 6-5
                  Week 13 Rams at Cardinals 3:15. Cards get something going by this time. 6-6
                  Week 14 Rams at Saints 3:05. We came close last year, but they are still Super. 6-7
                  Week 15 Chiefs at Rams Noon. This is the rubber game. 7-7
                  Week 16 ***** at Rams Noon. Ninners at home and they are looking passed us to the play offs. 8-7
                  Week 17 Rams at Seahawks 4:15. We finish strong with a last second win over the she-hawks. 9-7

                  Only added this as I see the second game against the ninners being an upset as I see them winning the division next year. Plus in another post some one had us playing the Bears and Packers which we will not uless we meet them in the play offs.
                  Last edited by lordwhttgr; -04-28-2010, 06:23 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Who will we upset during the 2010 season?

                    Seeing how the Rams will probably be the underdog in every single game they play this year, except maybe against Detroit. But since that game is in Detroit, if the game were played today, the Rams would be a dog there as well. So, based on that any win would be an upset, wouldn't it?

                    Of course, this is based on what we know today and what happened last year. After camp and as the year progresses, things could (and hopefully, will) change. One game is on my mind this year. Game #2 against the Raiders. I know the Raider games means far less to most of you (and the Rams) than games within the division, but I hate the Raiders (and most of their fans) with a passion. Hence, my screen name.

                    If the Rams win only one game this year (and I believe they will win more than one) I hope it's against the Raiders.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Who will we upset during the 2010 season?

                      I remember the scores of the Ram games coming over the wire being as we were so bad for years that we never got any air time in 1999. And everytime on those sundays you would see the Rams won. What the hell is going on in ST Louis? Well i think this might be one of those years. A Lot of upsets.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Who will we upset during the 2010 season?

                        Originally posted by lordwhttgr View Post
                        Originally Posted by lordwhttgr
                        I said it once before on another thread. We will win 9 games in the regular season, mark my words.
                        Week 1 Cardinals at Rams 3:15. We are at home and the fans will be behind Bradford. Leinart's still not ready. We win.
                        Week 2 Rams at Raiders 3:05. Raiders have been crap for too long. We win.
                        Week 3 Redskins at Rams 3:05. Too close to call on this one. First loss.
                        Week 4 Seahawks at Rams Noon. Again we are home and the She-Hawks are a sinking boat. We win. 3-1
                        Week 5 Rams at Lions Noon. Did they beat us last year? No and they had a better team. 4-1
                        Week 6 Chargers at Rams Noon. Don't see us winning, sorry. 4-2
                        Week 7 Rams at Bucs Noon. The bucs, come on, please. 5-2
                        Week 8 Panthers at Rams Noon. The Panthers need something. Lost Peppers to the Bears and still need a QB. 6-2
                        Week 9 Bye Week
                        Week 10 Rams at ***** 3:15 This will be the start of a five game loosing streak. 6-3
                        Week 11 Falcons at Rams 3:05. They are still too hot to handle. 6-4
                        Week 12 Rams at Broncos 3:15. Tebow or Orton, we will have our hands full. 6-5
                        Week 13 Rams at Cardinals 3:15. Cards get something going by this time. 6-6
                        Week 14 Rams at Saints 3:05. We came close last year, but they are still Super. 6-7
                        Week 15 Chiefs at Rams Noon. This is the rubber game. 7-7
                        Week 16 ***** at Rams Noon. Ninners at home and they are looking passed us to the play offs. 8-7
                        Week 17 Rams at Seahawks 4:15. We finish strong with a last second win over the she-hawks. 9-7

                        Only added this as I see the second game against the ninners being an upset as I see them winning the division next year. Plus in another post some one had us playing the Bears and Packers which we will not uless we meet them in the play offs.
                        Pass that kool-aid around will ya?!
                        sigpic :ram::helmet:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Who will we upset during the 2010 season?

                          It's not really an upset when the Rams are favored in every game.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Who will we upset during the 2010 season?

                            The Saints..For some reason, they have trouble with us..We whoop them in their own turf...Again!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Who will we upset during the 2010 season?

                              Originally posted by unorthodox1999 View Post
                              The Saints..For some reason, they have trouble with us..We whoop them in their own turf...Again!
                              There isnt a reason why we can't defeat any particular team. A lot of changes made, a lot depends on how the pieces of the team are put together. Many teams predicted to make the playoffs have holes of their own to deal with.

                              What the Rams lack primarily is chemistry. All the players are professional atheletes and wouldn't have made the NFL if totally lacking in talent. Its a matter of what you do have and how you use it that is the success or failure of a team.

                              Comment

                              Related Topics

                              Collapse

                              • Ram Mar Ram
                                What are YOUR expectation for 2010/11 ?
                                by Ram Mar Ram
                                I'm new to the forum reading, but I find myself reading that not many of us think the rams will be any good next year, to the point where we will be in the running for the worst record 2 years running.

                                I know we dont have the most talented team with more holes than a block of swiss cheese but stranger things have happened and we actually might be competitive next year depending on how the QB situation plays out. But with the young guys we had hopefully should be better with 1 more year in the system, i'd like to think we would be at least a 8 win team and maybe even push for the division (Barring the 49'ers getting McNabb)

                                Plus .. can we spend 10's of millions of dollars every year on players and only expect them to win 2-3 games. Its a losers mentality and the Rams fans i fear are embracing it.
                                -03-24-2010, 03:38 PM
                              • OldSchoolRamFan
                                Rams first road win of 2010....
                                by OldSchoolRamFan
                                ....and my wife, daughter, and I will be there to see it. It is time for this team to pounce. Denver is downtrodden and the fans are showing it. Our team has blown a couple of very good chances to steal a win on the road and it is time to break through this weekend. I'm looking forward to the snarls and snickers as we travel the light rail towards Invesco Field suited up in our Rams best. Win or lose we will have a great time (this will be my daughter's first away game experience), BUT I feel a win coming. This weekend could definitely set the stage for an end of the year showdown with Seattle (as they will lose to the Chiefs this weekend) that is actually meaningful. While there have been some disappointing losses this year, it has actually been fun to have a team take the field that is competitive and pocketed a few wins as well. Whatever happens.... GO RAMS!!!
                                -11-23-2010, 08:56 AM
                              • Bralidore(RAMMODE)
                                What is the Rams Record for 2010?
                                by Bralidore(RAMMODE)
                                Lets have it out now folks. No beating around the bush. What will be the Rams Regular Season Record?

                                Bral says 6-10

                                You can say you called it.
                                -01-23-2010, 06:40 PM
                              • AvengerRam_old
                                Looking back, how do you now view the 2010 season?
                                by AvengerRam_old
                                2010 raised all of our hopes. 2011 has not lived up to those expectations. Do you view 2010 differently now?
                                The 7-9 near playoff run was an anomaly. We're back to reality.
                                15.00%
                                3
                                2010's outcome was true progress, destroyed this year by schedule, injuries.
                                40.00%
                                8
                                2010 was a bit lucky, but this year has been a perfect storm of adversity.
                                20.00%
                                4
                                2010 was the "real Rams," while this year is an anomaly.
                                0.00%
                                0
                                Rams not as good as 2010 made them seem, not as bad as 2011 seems.
                                10.00%
                                2
                                At this point, who knows? Wait until next year and ask again.
                                15.00%
                                3
                                -12-12-2011, 08:00 AM
                              • bruce4life
                                These 2010 rams...
                                by bruce4life
                                Are simply not ready yet. They don't have the pieces for that next step. End of story.
                                -12-20-2010, 01:56 AM
                              Working...
                              X