Onobun at Rookie Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onobun at Rookie Camp

Scouring the internet and saw this video featuring Fendi and his transition to the NFL on Fox 2.com. Shows a few clips of him in college playing both basketball and football. Also shows some video of him at this past mini camp. Guys route running is raw but he certainly shows the ability and hands. His hands are what stands out to me as he catches the ball away from his body and shows an ability to soften the impact of the ball on his hands (i.e soft hands). This guy's flaws all can be ironed out with time and coaching. It will be clearly up to him and fate (injuries) whether he becomes great or not. With the Rams TE spot in about the highest "up in the air" status it can be, this guy is one of my favorites in a long list of guys to make a roster spot and challenge for that oh so important starting position.

Sixth Round Draft Choice Catches Coaches Eye - KTVI

NOT SPAM

Re: Onobun at Rookie Camp

Originally posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    Scouring the internet and saw this video featuring Fendi and his transition to the NFL on Fox 2.com. Shows a few clips of him in college playing both basketball and football. Also shows some video of him at this past mini camp. Guys route running is raw but he certainly shows the ability and hands. His hands are what stands out to me as he catches the ball away from his body and shows an ability to soften the impact of the ball on his hands (i.e soft hands). This guy's flaws all can be ironed out with time and coaching. It will be clearly up to him and fate (injuries) whether he becomes great or not. With the Rams TE spot in about the highest "up in the air" status it can be, this guy is one of my favorites in a long list of guys to make a roster spot and challenge for that oh so important starting position.

Sixth Round Draft Choice Catches Coaches Eye - KTVI

NOT SPAM
    The more I see on this guy the more excited I get that we drafted him. I want to see what this guy can do, big fast and has great hands. If that doesnt get you excited for our new Rams nothing will.
    Aim high Willis, Aim High!

Comment

I LOVE the pick and the upside. However, i will get excited about his hands when i see him hold onto the ball when someone hits him.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

Originally posted by general counsel View Post
        I LOVE the pick and the upside. However, i will get excited about his hands when i see him hold onto the ball when someone hits him.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
        eh good point. I'm clinging on to every positive I can at this point and going off of what I've seen. Gonna be a mini Christmas to see our guys in pads again..ah football season.....

Comment

Gonzo was a BB player.Could be a diamond in the rough.

Comment

Bradford to Oyngaboynga looks like a match made in heaven. I'm really excited to see these two get some chemistry going over the summer that will carry over into the new season. I, for one, am very optimistic about this pick. And to hear Spags talk about him like that just tells me that there is reason to believe in this kid's chances.

Go Rams!!!

Comment

O-TD-on-ah-bun definitely has potential (don't we all) and I'm rooting for him to make the team, do well as a rookie, and have a career with the Rams. I hope he reads some of these supportive posts [Fendi, make the Clan your IE main page amigo] and realizes the opportunity before him as one of our TEs and mainstays in the offense. // Thanks for the video, Brali.

Here's to a successful transition from basketball to the NFL for this young man. :helmet:

PS: Adding 10 pounds of muscle wouldn't hurt either. Now he'll have to block bigger bodies and not just basketballs.

:off topic: Nice to see the Clan site is back to normal and fully functional. Thanks Dez / Mods.
              Last edited by RealRam; -05-10-2010, 03:05 PM. Reason: Off topic / video

Comment

How can you not get excited about this guy? He's definitely got a lot of potential and what I love is, of course, how well spoken he is. I'm really glad that BD puts emphasis on character because I think it's important in the locker room. It seems like there's just a lot of high character guys on the Rams. Let's hope that translates well on the field. Best of luck to Fendi and everyone else fighting for a roster spot!
                Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Comment

Originally posted by general counsel View Post

ramming speed to all

general counsel
                  I thought I read in his profile that one of his strenghts was holding onto the ball when being hit. Then again during the draft blitz I read a lot of profiles so who knows at this point lol. None the less I'm still excited to see the kid hit the field.
                  Aim high Willis, Aim High!

Comment

Originally posted by rammiser View Post
                    I thought I read in his profile that one of his strenghts was holding onto the ball when being hit.
                    He caught only two balls the last year during game so he was not hit many times. I really want him to be successful for the Rams but he has a long way to go before being on the field. He has a lot of potential but Vernon Gholston too (and he was productive in college). I prefer to don't have big expectations on this guy he is a good pick for a 6th round.
                    Last edited by Torry Holt; -05-11-2010, 03:21 AM.
                    Si vous croyez en vous, que vous avez de la fierté, et que vous ne lâchez jamais, vous serez un gagnant.
                    Le prix de la victoire est chère, mais la récompense en vaut la peine.

Comment

Working...
                    X