Most iconic moment in Rams History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most iconic moment in Rams History

I was watching ESPN and they were asking all their guys what they thought the most iconic moment was in their respective sport. That gave me the idea of what everybody thought the most iconic moment was in Rams history. There have definitely been some good, and some bad ones. What does everybody think?

Golf

Re: Most iconic moment in Rams History

The tackle.

Comment

I would say mine is Ricky P's catch vs Tampa. I thought it was very symbolic of the season. A person who nobody heard of, or expected, achieved greatness in the biggest moment. What a time for the 1st TD catch of the season!

Comment

I agree with the Tackle & Proehl's TD catch. Would like to add the first offensive play against the Vikings in game one of our playoff run to the Superbowl was a long TD pass to Bruuuuuuce!
        sigpic :ram::helmet:

Comment

Pretty hard to argue with "The Tackle" being the most iconic moment in Rams history. For me, Warner to Bruce for the winning TD in SB 34 is right up there. Watching that play still gives me chills.

Comment

Just some of my favorites:

1) Mike Jone's Tackle

2) Warner to Bruce TD

3) Ricky Proehl Catch in the NFC Championship in '99

4) The Rams moving from LA to STL

5) Selecting Sam Bradford

Comment

Kurt Warner holding the first Vince Lombardi Trophey the RAMS ever won high in the air. To me, this one moment signified that we had really done it.

Comment

Dont forget the following (good and bad)

The 73 yard bomb from van brocklin to fears to win the 1951 title
                The bomb to stallworth Just over rod perry (I believe) that cost the rams sb 14
                VIttatarris field goal at the end of sb 36
                The field at the end of the 1950 title game that cost us the title
                (I need more research to determine the one critical play in the 1945 title game (our first championship)
                The Trent Green injury
                The marshall faulk trade (not a play, but an iconic moment in rams history for sure, because without it, we dont win the title)

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

All of the above are excellent choices. I'll probably settle with 'The Tackle' which sealed our 1st SB ever. :ram:

Comment

Originally posted by general counsel View Post
                    Dont forget the following (good and bad)

The 73 yard bomb from van brocklin to fears to win the 1951 title
                    The bomb to stallworth Just over rod perry (I believe) that cost the rams sb 14
                    VIttatarris field goal at the end of sb 36
                    The field at the end of the 1950 title game that cost us the title
                    (I need more research to determine the one critical play in the 1945 title game (our first championship)
                    The Trent Green injury
                    The marshall faulk trade (not a play, but an iconic moment in rams history for sure, because without it, we dont win the title)

ramming speed to all

general counsel
                    Yes Definetly the Trent Green injury. With out it Trent Green is our quarterback. Only the fates and God know if we win the superbowl with him as our quarterback!!!!!!

Cudoes on the bomb from Terry Bradshaw to Stallworth just over Rod Perry (I believe) that cost the rams SB 14. I watched that game and still feal we should have won. Wendle Tyler played his heart out that game comeing back in time and again after being knocked out on the goal line early.

Comment

I'll go with one for my fellow graybeards & a different moment from the GSOT era.

Beating The Cowboys in the playoffs on the way to the SB after the '79 season.If I remember it right, they had spanked a better Rams team in the playoffs the previous year, again during that regular season, & a couple of other playoff games during the first flush of my Ramhood & I hated them as only a teenager can hate....Total underdogs & lots of uncertainty about the franchise; Carroll had died that spring. Was Malavasi ruining the team that he, Knox & Klosterman had built?....then Billy freakin' Waddy came free over the middle & scored an improbable TD with about two mins left & the D stymied Staubach to get the win....so sweet.... I can't say losing the SB to The Steelers didn't hurt but it was kinda like when my best friend, Bobby, gave me a fat lip for making out with his sister at his birthday party.

The Proehl catch & and Jones tackle were certainly great historical moments but I remember relief more than joy.Perhaps even more like satisfaction than relief, as if to say "that's how it's supposed to have gone". By then, there was a feeling of destiny about that team.The Green injury & Warner explosion only reinforced that feeling. I expected them to win. What sticks out as a great emotional GSOT watershed for me was the first win over The Whiners that season. I may be mixing things up but wasn't that the game where Bruce was caught on camera, weeping? Seems to me that's when I felt a real weight lifted, like a curse had been broken.

Comment

Yes....that was the Game. Bruce started crying on the sideline after a big catch for a touchdown. It was the first moment we knew we had that game won.

Comment

1. Winning the Superbowl and every millisecond image that went with it during the game..

2. Prior to the winning TD snap V's Tampa, hearing John Madden say words to the effect of "..It's about that time in the game when someone's gotta step up and make a play that sends their team to the Superbowl.." 4 seconds later Warner and Ricky 'Who?' Proehl did just that..

3. Trent Green writhing around in agony on the floor in the pre-season game after the Harrison hit.. We all know what that led to..

Awesome memories...
                          Last edited by UK Ramfan 83; -05-13-2010, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GolfnRAMFAN View Post
                            I would say mine is Ricky P's catch vs Tampa. I thought it was very symbolic of the season. A person who nobody heard of, or expected, achieved greatness in the biggest moment. What a time for the 1st TD catch of the season!

first that came to my mind

Comment

I would say my top 3 are:

1. Alex Barron trying hard.
                              2. Jimmy Kennedy trying hard.
                              3. Richie Incognito showing self-control.

Hmm? What's that?

Oh, you said most iConic moment.......I thought you said most iRonic moment.
                              The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment