Bruce retiring a Ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruce retiring a Ram

I just heard this through a friend working with the Score sports network. Apparently Issac Bruce will be signing a 1 day contract with the Rams to retire as one of the greatest to ever wear the horns.

If anyone finds an online source for this feel free to post it. I for one will be very happy and thankful if this happens. I love my Bruce replica Jersey it hangs on the wall in my bedroom. This guy is one of my favorite players of all time!

Thanks for the memories Bruce.

Re: Bruce retiring a Ram

Official source or didn't happen.

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫

Comment

Yeah I heard this same thing maybe 3 or 4 months ago and nothing has come of it yet, so I don't know when/if to expect anything.

Comment

I hope things turn out as they should (if this is true) and Warner signs that 1 day contract as well..If THAT happens, it'll be one hell of a bash to be a part of!

Comment

I think they can only do one contract like this a year..

Comment

My understanding is the ***** have yet to release him, so he is ineligible to sign a one day contract with the Rams as of yet. Why the ***** would do this, who knows, maybe out of hope he will come back.

Comment

According to the Mercury News...

In a technicality, receiver Isaac Bruce remains listed on the roster. But the ***** expect him to retire and have given Bruce's old No. 88 jersey to tight end Tony Curtis.
              However, he originally signed a two-year deal with San Fran in March of 2008, so that deal should have expired. I've heard nothing about him signing a one-day deal with the Rams to retire with the team, but that wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

Dear Sir Isaac ... DO IT! Please?

Comment

Every thing I have seen thus far about Bruce is that the Ninners plan on useing him as their #3 WR this year.

Comment

Reps to you Itsguud. And your source.
                    Look away. I'm hideous. __ Cozmo Kramer

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• AvengerRam_old
                      Finances aside, I really want Bruce back
                      by AvengerRam_old
                      Putting aside the heated debate over how much Bruce should be paid, I want to make one thing clear: I really do hope the Rams work things out with Bruce so he can return and retire as a Ram.

Its more than mere sentiment. I think Bruce does have a couple of very good years left in him. While he may not have the speed he once did, his precision makes him a perfect possession receiver. He also is a veteran leader and mentor to younger players.

Its easy to get caught up in the economics of the situation, but in the end, that's for the team, Bruce and his agent to worry about.

I hope things work out and we can watch #80 for another year.
                      -03-08-2006, 11:36 AM
                    • general counsel
                      isaac bruce
                      by general counsel
                      About two weeks ago someone on this board suggested that ike bruce be "waived" that he was just "taking up space"

4 catches, 94 yards, a huge td with the game on the line and a great play to cause the fumble after the int

Does anyone doubt that ike can still play at a high level. He is still not 100% physically, but he will always remain an all time great ram and he has plenty to contribute.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
                      -11-27-2005, 03:16 PM
                    • Rambos
                      Bruce gets loose
                      by Rambos
                      I will always have the catch and run in my minds eye. Bruce made the biggest catch on the biggest stage! Do you have a favorite play or memory of Bruce?...
                      -03-08-2006, 01:37 PM
                    • GreatestShow99
                      Isaac Bruce 1995
                      by GreatestShow99
                      YouTube - Isaac Bruce 1995
                      -12-23-2008, 06:41 PM
                    • AvengerRam_old
                      Isaac Bruce is one of the greatest Rams ever
                      by AvengerRam_old
                      How can you not be a fan of Isaac Bruce?

Few players in the Rams' history have been as productive for as long a period as Bruce. But it goes beyond that.

In his early years, he was the lone bright spot on a dismal team. His second year was one of the greatest any receiver ever had, though he toiled in near anonymity.

Then came the hamstring injuries. Many players experiencing such a sharp decline in their production due to a recurring injury would have thrown in the towel. But Bruce (despite the chiding of Dick Vermiel - calling Bruce his "so called superstar") pressed on and got healthy. Then in 1999, when the team suddenly became a contender, he was right there in the mix - punishing hated San Fran with 4 TDs and, of course, catching the game winner in the Super Bowl.

Since then, he has continued to play at a high level. And he continues to show up in big games (he was great in the playoff loss to Carolina) and to this day (See last Sunday's box score).

Throughout it all, he has never held out for more money, never drawn attention to himself with TO/Joe Horn/Randy Moss type antics, never complained when Torry Holt became the "Number 1" receiver. He just keeps playing and setting an example for the team.

When the Rams visit Miami this October, I will be there... proudly wearing my #80 jersey and chanting "Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce!!!!!!!!!!!"
                      -09-14-2004, 09:12 AM
                    Working...
                    X