The Bernie speaks on Warner fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bernie speaks on Warner fans

I think it's good to keep up with Warner.
    I do it myself. I want to see him do well.
    I TiVO every Giants game and look forward to the viewing each week.
    So news updates are fine, and welcome.

My problem is with the Warner fanatics.
    I don't know how many there are -- perhaps it's a real noisy minority.
    Fortunately, I don't think this particular form of insanity is widespread.
    He's the Son of Man to them.
    They're bizarre.

That's the issue -- Warner fanaticism, and the way these pathetic kooks hate on Bulger and hope that Bulger throws INTs and loses.

Cheers,
    Bernie

Re: The Bernie speaks on Warner fans

Sometimes, Bernie is right.

Comment

Not often but I agree with him in this case. I now need to go shower,I feel so unclean .....

Comment

I concur with The Bern.

Comment

Your not a Rams fan if you want Marc to throw a pic and we lose, its that simple. I want Warner to do well, but if we are playing them, I would like to see him have a very bad game.

Comment

I propose that we come up with two different titles. One for Ram fans who have an affinity for Warner and would like to see him play well, and a completely separate distinction for those who see no fault in Warner and who want Warner's success at the expense of the Rams. Personally, I'm proud to say I (along with nearly every other "Warnerite" on this board) fall into the former category. And honestly I would like to see a distinction made between these two groups. Call them whatever you want, but there is a world of difference in these two groups, and I for one am tired of being lumped into the latter group everytime I try to defend Warner to any degree.

How about this:

Group 1: Warnerite (I don't like it, but it's already established)
            Group 2: WFKD (Warner-Flavored-Koolaid-Drinker)

These are just my thoughts, and I'm sure that there are better options out there. I solicit any suggestions. I'm just throwing it out there on behalf of those of us who still follow Warner, but understand and agree that the Rams will always stand ahead of any individual player.
            The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

I like Warnerites and Uber-Warnerites.

Comment

How about......

A Rams fan who also likes Warner = Warnerite or,

A KW follower who puts Rams 2nd = WarNURD :nerd:

GO RAMS

Comment

Okay...

How about...

Warner Fan: Ram fan who has fond memories of Kurt Warner

Warnerite: Ram fan who still follows Kurt every week and wishes he was still a Ram

Warnerd: Ram fan who would rather watch the Giants with Warner than the Rams

Uber-Warnerite: Ram "fan" who hopes Bulger will fail to prove that letting Warner go was a mistake.

WFKD (Warner-Flavored Kool-Aid Drinker): Thinks Kurt is God and Brenda is hot.

WarnerManiac: Love child of Yodude and Moklerman (Just kidding, guys! :redface: )
                  Last edited by AvengerRam_old; -10-15-2004, 08:06 AM.

Comment

or,

A fan of KW who puts Rams 1st = Ramsfan

A fan of KW who puts KW 1st = Warnerite, or loser, or A' h-le, or late for dinner.

GO RAMS

Comment

Originally posted by AvengerRam
                      Okay...

How about...

WFLD (Warner-Flavored Kool-Aid Drinker): Thinks Kurt is God and Brenda is hot.
                      ROTFLMAO, WFLD

Oh my, Brenda and hot in the same breath / sentence. That is simply not possible. lol

Now I need to go shower.........

GO RAMS

Comment

WarnerManiac: Love child of Yodude and Moklerman (Just kidding, guys! )
                        Man, you really like poking the hornet's nest, don't you AV.

For the record, I've always considered myself this variety:

Warnerite: Ram fan who still follows Kurt every week and wishes he was still a Ram. While I still believe we gave up on him too early, I do not want Bulger or the Rams to fail so I can say I was right.

Frankly, I know I'm right as it is, I don't need the Rams to fail for proof. :king:

What I find amusing is that not very many people realize that even if Bulger and the Rams are a raging success, it was still wrong the way this situation worked out. No matter what happens in the future, Warner deserved better.

In hindsight, I'm actually glad it worked out the way it did. No one should be on a team where they are not appreciated or wanted. I guess sometimes a clean break works out the best for both teams.

And for the record.....Bernie is still an idiot!
                        Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

Comment

Originally posted by HUbison
                          I for one am tired of being lumped into the latter group everytime I try to defend Warner to any degree.
                          Welcome to the world of the "Bulger Defense Team." It's a double-edged sword where both sides are taking heat. We need reform, too!

Comment

Originally posted by Yodude
                            Man, you really like poking the hornet's nest, don't you AV.
                            Who.... moi?

Comment

Originally posted by HUbison
                              I propose that we come up with two different titles. One for Ram fans who have an affinity for Warner and would like to see him play well, and a completely separate distinction for those who see no fault in Warner and who want Warner's success at the expense of the Rams. Personally, I'm proud to say I (along with nearly every other "Warnerite" on this board) fall into the former category. And honestly I would like to see a distinction made between these two groups. Call them whatever you want, but there is a world of difference in these two groups, and I for one am tired of being lumped into the latter group everytime I try to defend Warner to any degree.

How about this:

Group 1: Warnerite (I don't like it, but it's already established)
                              Group 2: WFKD (Warner-Flavored-Koolaid-Drinker)

These are just my thoughts, and I'm sure that there are better options out there. I solicit any suggestions. I'm just throwing it out there on behalf of those of us who still follow Warner, but understand and agree that the Rams will always stand ahead of any individual player.
                              How about Ram Fans and Ram Fans who follow ex Ram player

__________________________________________________________
                              Keeping the Rams Nation Talking

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RamDez
                                Bernie takes it to the Warner fans who are down on the Rams
                                by RamDez
                                He says just what I am thinking on this

Bernie on Warner
                                -01-20-2009, 02:08 AM
                              • RamWraith
                                Bernie on Warner
                                by RamWraith
                                The thing that surprised me (and probably the rest of us, too) is that the Giants signed Warner without seeing him throwing the ball during a formal audition/workout. I know they couldn't work him out while he was still under contract to the Rams....but how can you make a deal with him without at least inspecting how he throws? Why not take a day to do that before completing the final deal? Despite what Kurt's agent says, no other teams were aggressively pursuing him. The Giants could have stalled for a day or two.

Cheers,
                                Bernie
                                -06-21-2004, 05:06 PM
                              • RamWraith
                                Some Bernie
                                by RamWraith
                                Bulger, unlike Warner, was able to transcend some of the negatives the last couple of years in STL by winning 18 of 22 reg-season starts.

This year, I'm sorry to say, the negatives appear to be reaching crisis proportions. When you have no offensive line, and a defense that gets shoved around and has no DT capable of making an impact play, then you have a team in trouble. When you have one NFL-caliber CB on the active roster (Butler) that's a team in trouble.

That said, Bulger was terrible last night. He was part of the problem. And as I have said repeatedly, he should be judged on his own merits -- how he plays. He shouldn't be compared to Warner of 1999-2001, because Warner himself ain't anywhere near that these days.

What's comical about some of these posts is that the Bulger is Satan/Warner is God crowd convenienty seem to forget that last week that Ol' No. 13 was sacked four times (at least twice because he held onto the ball too long) and threw as bad an INT as you'll see. If Warner had to play with the STL team we saw last night....oh gosh. I hate to even think about it.

Cheers,
                                Bernie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post subject: Turley

Turley sends mixed signals.
                                He pops off to his friends and says he's done for the year.
                                He tells the Rams he needs more time, and they're encouraging him to take it.

Who knows?

Cheers,
                                Bernie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post subject: Polley

Carolina directed their running game at him.

They game-planned him specifically.

216 yards rushing, 5.3 yards per carry.

I had a chance to review the coaching tapes and it was unreal. I don't know that I've ever seen a LB play worse than that.

I have no idea why this guy is going south. He'd better pick it up.

Cheers,
                                Bernie
                                -08-24-2004, 03:08 PM
                              • RamWraith
                                A bunch of Bernie posts
                                by RamWraith
                                Work done by RubbersSoul

BernieM wrote:
                                In today's column I mentioned Warner's legacy -- that he made all of those gloomy football seasons in St. Louis disappear, and replaced them with precious moments and memories.

In the short term, he has another legacy: the Rams' starting QB in the next few years will be held to a preposterous standard. No question, Bulger needs to play better. As I wrote in here from minicamp, his arm on the deep balls remains weak and I get ticked off just watching it.

But overall, Bulger is at about where he should be (and he's pretty good) for a QB still finding his way in this league. But because Warner played at such unbelievable heights from 1999-2001, Bulger will be measured against that. Is that fair? Probably doesn't matter -- it's sports. It's just the way it is. Ironically, even Warner fell short -- way short -- of meeting those standards himself, once the injuries took their toll. Warner wasn't Warner, either....and yet some demand that Bulger be the Warner of 1999, 2000 and 2001. Kind of silly if you ask me. Ain't gonna happen. So Bulger should be judged on his own merits.

Cheers,
                                Bernie

BernieM wrote:

You're right; Martz does "spin" on Warner.

It's been a long time since Martz and Warner had a truly good relationship, so I always discount MM's warm and fuzzy comments about Kurt.

Bottom line is, it all started to fall apart when Kurt's hand became something he couldn't overcome. It started the domino effect. If Warner could still throw it consistently like he once did, and if he could get settled in the pocket again without freaking, none of this would have happened. The Rams and Martz invested a ton of money in Kurt and had no reason to want him to fail. By going this way, they've got millions invested in two QBs, Warner and Bulger, and that hurts their cap.

Cheers,
                                Bernie

BernieM wrote:
                                Bulger is capable of throwing the deep pass. We saw it in 2002. It frustrates me to see him sputter in this area. I think it's in his head. He's thinking too much about technique instead of letting it rip.

In another follow up, as I've said many times, Bulger needs to play better. Cut down on mistakes, most of all.

But only a fool would expect him to play as well as Warner did from 1999-2001.

Cheers,
                                Bernie

BernieM wrote:
                                It isn't a matter of Kurt's hand being healed.
                                It will never be healed, really. Not in the traditional sense.
                                That's because the problem -- as I continually write -- is an arthritic-like condition in his right thumb. That never heals. It's just a question of when it flares up, and how it limits him when it does flare up. Some days, his grip is fine. Other days, it isn't.

I dig the Martz bashing on this...
                                -06-04-2004, 09:47 AM
                              • ramsanddodgers
                                Kurt Warner Silences Mike Martz and His Media Lapdog Bernie Miklasz
                                by ramsanddodgers

With Arizona Cardinal quarterback Kurt Warner preparing for next Sunday's Super Bowl and with the entire nation taking measure of his phenomenal back-to-back seasons in the desert, football fans must wonder, "How could the Rams have parted ways with a quarterback who possesses such special talents?"

Five years after his release from the Rams, this topic is still as controversial and white-hot as ever...And until the story is addressed honestly, it won't be going away anytime soon.

At the center of the storm are two questionable characters—former Rams head coach Mike Martz and St. Louis sportswriter Bernie Miklasz. In the early 2000s, Martz and Miklasz forged a mutually-beneficial relationship.

Martz routinely gave Miklasz exclusive access to his inner thoughts, and in return Miklasz delivered favorable Monday-morning analysis. The coach/reporter relationship became so incestuous, that Miklasz was even widely referred to as Martz's "Lapdog."

And when Mike Martz set out to run Kurt Warner out of St. Louis, he enlisted the aid of his friend Bernie Miklasz. A head coach cannot push a two-time MVP QB with a Super Bowl ring to the curb without some media cover. His friend Bernie was more than happy to deliver.

Under the guise of "objective reporting", Miklasz regurgitated a series of Martz's paranoid rants against Kurt Warner across the sports page, giving Martz all the cover he needed to get rid of Kurt and replace him with Marc Bulger. Today, replacing Warner with Bulger sounds like a ridiculous concept, but yes—it actually happened.

As a general rule, NFL coaches and management speak no ill of their players abilities or health—a wise business approach to maintaining their trade value. Yet Martz, through Miklasz, saw to it that Warner was portrayed as washed up and possessing a "crippled claw" throwing hand.

Not only was it bad business, it turned out to be a petty and vindictive attempt to end Warner's career.

And the results were indeed damaging. Warner was exiled to New York where fans were calling for No. 1 draft pick and "quarterback of the future" Eli Manning before Warner ever took the field.

And despite leading a terrible 2004 Giant team to a 5-4 record and despite becoming the Giant QB with the highest completion percentage in franchise history (that record still holds today), Warner was still benched. With Eli Manning at QB, the Giants finished the season 1-6, wholly validating Warner's accomplishments with a team in rebuilding mode.

Then, with a still-tarnished reputation, courtesy of the Martz/Miklasz fabrications, Warner could only find work at the least successful franchise in the history of the NFL—the Arizona Cardinals.

And in true Bidwillian fashion, his talents...
                                -01-28-2009, 10:25 PM
                              Working...
                              X