Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opponents give Jackson Yards out of pitty...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opponents give Jackson Yards out of pitty...

OMG scroll down and read what he says about the Rams!!! I was so * mad about what he said.... I starting cussing...
    Last edited by r8rh8rmike; -05-31-2010, 09:14 PM. Reason: No links.

Re: Opponents give Jackson Yards out of pitty...

Steve Jackson put up surprisingly good numbers (1,416 yards and 51 receptions) last season for an awful Rams team. However, you got the feeling watching the Rams play that teams were often conceding yards to Jackson because they ultimately knew the Rams were not a threat and/or the opponents usually had a lead. This is a sad end to a nice career. Hopefully, the Rams get a clue and trade Jackson to a contender this season before his back really does finally give out. Sadly, the Rams have no legitimate second threat. Jason Cole.

It's true. What did you expect him to say? When teams get ahead they do let runners get yards, it eats up the clock. The Rams did not have a second threat. We need a legit passing game and FO adressed that with Sam Bradford. I hope that we get some recievers to step up as well.

Comment

Evidently this guy didn't watch any games of the Rams last year or he's just like the other lame Carnival barkers across the nation trying to make a case for the Rams to trade Jackson.
      Ofcourse Jackson needs more support, but one could say that Steven Jackson had his most impressive NFL season and kept the team close late, in alot of ballgames, despite the Rams 1-15 record.
      You don't get "Pity Yards" in the NFL, In Steven Jackson's case each one was well earned, behind a pretty decent but fragile offensive line, one might add!

Surely he JESTS!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Steve Jackson put up surprisingly good numbers (1,416 yards and 51 receptions) last season for an awful Rams team. However, you got the feeling watching the Rams play that teams were often conceding yards to Jackson because they ultimately knew the Rams were not a threat and/or the opponents usually had a lead. This is a sad end to a nice career. Hopefully, the Rams get a clue and trade Jackson to a contender this season before his back really does finally give out. Sadly, the Rams have no legitimate second threat.
        Other than the last statement about no legitimate second threat, the entire blurb is absolutely ridiculous. "Conceding yards"?? How would that be done? Purposely missing tackles? Stepping out of the way at the point of attack? An utterly laughable notion.

Comment

Opposing teammates were simply taking stiff arms to the face for the team guys!
          They just didn't tie their shoes and tripped on purpose when Jackson ran at them so that he could eat up some clock. Then they decided to play defense and shut him out when he got a bit too close to the goalline..

Comment

Originally posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
            Opposing teammates were simply taking stiff arms to the face for the team guys!
            They just didn't tie their shoes and tripped on purpose when Jackson ran at them so that he could eat up some clock. Then they decided to play defense and shut him out when he got a bit too close to the goalline..
            Litereally made me LOL!

Comment

I think anyone can figure out that NFL defenses have specific strategies when matching up against certain teams. I'm sure defenses are designed to give up two or three yards on one or two plays out of the drive, rather then have Jackson (or another great back) blow up and break into their back field for a +20 yard run.
              That doesn't make Jackson any less of a back. It's just strategy and smart football.

Comment

This is almost as bad as the post that Jackson pads his stats with long runs, keeping his average respectable.BULL----.The internet definately does have its draw backs?

Comment

This must have been one of the dumbest things I have ever read in my entire life.

Comment

Originally posted by sosa39rams View Post
                    This must have been one of the dumbest things I have ever read in my entire life.
                    I agree. He makes a blank statement that goes for every running back to ever play. Then he says we need to trade him. Why trade the only bright spot on our offense?

Comment

Trading Steven Jackson right now would cause our offense to absolutely crumble.

Also, it's clear this man watched exactly zero Rams games this year (to be fair, the NFL made it hard for anyone to watch them). Rarely were we so out of a game that teams would switch to the garbage time defense. The fact that Jackson was still running the ball suggests that we weren't in a garbage-time mode, else we would be airing it out in a desperate attempt at a comeback. Also, suggesting his career is over, then trying to argue to trade him doesn't seem to make much sense.

Comment

Originally posted by lordwhttgr View Post
                        Steve Jackson put up surprisingly good numbers (1,416 yards and 51 receptions) last season for an awful Rams team. However, you got the feeling watching the Rams play that teams were often conceding yards to Jackson because they ultimately knew the Rams were not a threat and/or the opponents usually had a lead. This is a sad end to a nice career. Hopefully, the Rams get a clue and trade Jackson to a contender this season before his back really does finally give out. Sadly, the Rams have no legitimate second threat. Jason Cole.

It's true. What did you expect him to say? When teams get ahead they do let runners get yards, it eats up the clock. The Rams did not have a second threat. We need a legit passing game and FO adressed that with Sam Bradford. I hope that we get some recievers to step up as well.
                        I 90% agree with this article. And I 100% believe we should have traded Jackson for picks.
                        Its been said you could trip over a running back in your sleep the last two years. I know you guys hate that opinion, but in my mind its the right one for this TEAM. That being said, if we get westbrook, that could change my mind seeing we will have the one two punch.

Comment

Originally posted by BEER View Post
                          I 90% agree with this article. And I 100% believe we should have traded Jackson for picks.
                          Its been said you could trip over a running back in your sleep the last two years. I know you guys hate that opinion, but in my mind its the right one for this TEAM. That being said, if we get westbrook, that could change my mind seeing we will have the one two punch.
                          Since you seem to think that backs like Jackson are a dime a dozen, I suggest you look up how many RBs have 5 consecutive 1,000 yard seasons (either active streaks or during the course of their careers).

Go ahead.

We'll wait.

Comment

Originally posted by AvengerRam View Post
                            Since you seem to think that backs like Jackson are a dime a dozen, I suggest you look up how many RBs have 5 consecutive 1,000 yard seasons (either active streaks or during the course of their careers).

Go ahead.

We'll wait.
                            Keep waiting. LOL. Jackson is a great player, but we need a better TEAM<... Remember its just an opinion.
                            St Rams + Jackson = Barry Sanders + Loins.
                            Last edited by BEER; -06-01-2010, 05:24 PM.

Comment

The only other active player with that type of production is Thomas Jones.

Jackson must be the most complete back in the NFL, and definently one of the best. Very underrated and overshadowed by big names Like Adrian Peterson and Chris Johnson.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Country
                                Steven Jackson
                                by Country
                                I was wondering if anyone is becoming concerned with the fact that Steven Jackson has had under a hundred yards rushing in the last 2 games with and average of 2.6 and 3.7 respectively.

Does anyone thing this is because of Steven Jackson and what can sometimes be his hesitant running or is it a problem with the OL?
                                -10-02-2006, 03:56 PM
                              • RamWraith
                                "Jackson Close to Grand Finish"
                                by RamWraith
                                Thursday, December 27, 2007

By Nick Wagoner
                                Senior Writer

The 1,000-yard mark used to have all of the proper cache to be the determining factor in how successful a running back’s season has been.

In the modern era of the game, though, reaching 1,000 yards in 16 games doesn’t have quite the same swagger. At least not when it’s spread out over all of those games.

In Steven Jackson’s case, though, reaching 1,000 yards for the 2007 season would be quite an accomplishment considering the circumstances.

“I don’t think 1,000 yards is what it used to be,” quarterback Marc Bulger said. “Sixteen games I am sure Steven would tell you he would rather have 1,500 or something and that wasn’t his goal. I guess it would be good for our line to maybe say you had a 1,000-yard back but I’m sure our goals are higher than that.”

Indeed, the goals for Jackson and the Rams offense are set well above the 1,000-yard plateau for the course of a season. But considering what Jackson has dealt with in 2007, the fact that he needs just 53 rushing yards against the Cardinals on Sunday to reach that mark is almost unbelievable.

Coming off a tremendous 2006 season in which he led the NFL in yards from scrimmage, Jackson had high hopes for 2007, including a stated goal of 2,500 yards from scrimmage.

All hopes to reach that goal vanished when Jackson suffered a groin injury on Sept. 23 against Tampa Bay. Although Jackson finished with 115 yards that day, the injury was severe enough to keep him on the sidelines for the next four games.

Jackson returned on Oct. 28 against Cleveland and steamrollered the Browns to the tune of 41 yards on eight carries with a touchdown in the first quarter. But back spasms cost him the rest of that game and he did not return.

With a bye week to rest, Jackson came back at full strength and has been running over, past and around defenses ever since.

“I feel really strong with my groin and my back,” Jackson said. “I rehabbed it and worked out like crazy with it to make sure I could finish the season strong and look healthy like I am. Also, the (same) offensive line has been able to play together, three or four games (in a row). That in itself allows for some holes to be open as well.”

Since his return on Nov. 11 against New Orleans, Jackson has posted 100 yards from scrimmage in all seven contests. His rushing average has skyrocketed to 4.3 yards per carry after he gained just 3.4 yards per attempt in the first trio of contests.

“I was looking at some things for him,” Linehan said. “His average is right back there now, close to last year. He’s starting to warm up. He had the injuries, set him back. Without that he’s had a really good second half of the season. It’s meaningful to the (offensive) line, the offense and all of us. We go out and establish...
                                -12-28-2007, 05:15 AM
                              • RamWraith
                                Hadley on Jackson
                                by RamWraith
                                Friday, November 10, 2006
                                JACKSON DESERVING OF KUDOS

GIVE 39 HIS PROPS

Steven Jackson has elevated his game in ‘06...

I’ve never hidden my disdain for the actions of Steve Jackson during the 2005 season and during the offseason.

Jackson basically sold-out some teammates, and coaches last season. Jackson failed to run with authority refusing to look in the mirror.

Simply stated, from a personal standpoint… I have no respect for Jackson.

From a professional standpoint… I applaud the effort of Steven Jackson this season.

Jackson has moved upwardly in virtually every aspect of his role as the lead running back.

Prior to the season on The Big 550 (KTRS), I stated that Jackson had “talk the talk without walking the walk.”

In the first eight games of this season… he’s walkin’ miles ahead of his talkin’.

Forget the traditional numbers… allow me to present more focused, detailed and in some cases much more pertinent numbers.

The following facts and stats illustrate how Jackson has significantly increased his performance in key situations:

THE LAST 10...

Justly, many fans and analysts (including moi) chided Jackson for his lack of efficiency in the red zone and more important from the opposing 10-yard line to the goal line. His performance last season and in the first three-plus games this season demanded perplexity. In 2006, Jackson’s first eight touches inside the opposing 10-yard line resulted in a total of negative two yards… that’s right eight touches for a negative two yards. Since that point, he has been a legit factor bordering on dominate prior to a fumble this past weekend.

*Jackson has scored a touchdown from inside the opposition 10-yard line in four of the last five games.

*Jackson has 14 straight touches without a negative play inside the opposing 10-yard line.

*He has gained 50 percent or more of the yardage necessary for pay dirt six times his last 12 touches inside the opposing 10-yard line.

*He has gained, collectively, 74 percent of the necessary yardage for pay dirt over his last 12 touches inside the opposing 10-yard line.

Conclusion: Jackson has become a legit factor when the Rams penetrate deep into opposing territory. A key has been the fact that the play-calling diversified. The coaching staff ran Jackson “right” his first six carries inside the opposing 10-yard line (and eight of 10). Since that point, he has run up the gut three times, ran left three times, ran once to the right in addition to catching three passes. Simply stated, improved effort by Jackson and creative play-calling has equated into success.

THE FIRST 19...

The most underrated barometer for analyzing power runners is performance efficiency deep in...
                                -11-11-2006, 06:22 AM
                              • r8rh8rmike
                                Thomas: Jackson Closing In On 1,000 Yards Again
                                by r8rh8rmike
                                Jackson closing in on 1,000 yards again

BY JIM THOMAS
                                Friday, December 16, 2011

With 105 yards rushing Sunday against visiting Cincinnati, Steven Jackson would reach 1,000 yards for the season. At first, Jackson tried to downplay the feat at his regular Thursday media session.

"It'll be nice to eclipse that," Jackson said. "But first things first. We've got to make sure that we execute the offense and get us in the flow of things. I'm pretty sure they'll be determined to stop the run."

But reaching 1,000 yards in 2011 isn't really the story of what Jackson could accomplish against the Bengals. It's the fact that it would make it seven consecutive 1,000 yard seasons for Jackson. When that milestone was mentioned, Jackson went from somewhat disinterested to NFL historian.

"Only five others have done it," Jackson volunteered, with a measure of pride.

Close, but actually it's six other players who have seven or more consecutive seasons with 1,000 yards rushing. And what a list it is: Emmitt Smith, Barry Sanders, Thurman Thomas, and Eric Dickerson are all in the Hall of Fame; Curtis Martin is retired and became Hall of Fame eligible last year; LaDainian Tomlinson is still playing but is all but a Hall of Fame lock.

"It's a special group to be a part of," Jackson said. "I think it shows that not only are you productive but you can sustain it season after season. I'm pretty sure those guys have played through injuries. It just marks that you're a tough guy, a gritty guy that a franchise can hang their hat on."

So on a Sunday when former Rams great Marshall Faulk will be honored for his Hall of Fame induction and will be added to the Ring of Honor at the Edward Jones Dome, Jackson could achieve an impressive career milestone.

Getting to 105 yards rushing Sunday won't be easy for Jackson, because the Bengals have a fast, snarling defense. Although they've struggled some lately, the Bengals still rank seventh in the league in run defense.

"Very aggressive — that's what sticks out," Jackson said. "They have multiple looks where their secondary will be blitzing from different depths. And their linebackers are downhill and play with intimidation."

No doubt Jackson would trade yards for more victories. As he completes his eighth season in the NFL — all spent with the Rams — Jackson has never experienced a winning season. The best he has done is 8-8 in 2004 and 2006. The only playoff games for him came as a rookie in '04, when he shared time with Faulk in the backfield and the Rams squeaked into the postseason as a wildcard.

As his career has unfolded, surely Jackson has asked himself: Why did I have to be here at this time, with all this losing?

"That was a question I asked myself maybe...
                                -12-16-2011, 02:03 PM
                              • RamsSB99
                                Will Steven Jackson ever do better then 2006 in rushing or receiving?
                                by RamsSB99
                                Steven Jackson is now 27 years old and is starting his 7th season in the league. He looks like he might miss this next game and if so it will be the sixth time in seven seasons that he was unable to play in all 16 games. 2006 was the only season he was able to play in all 16 games and his per game and yearly stats were the best that year. He set rushing bests in avg yards per game 95.5, total TD's 13, and total rushing yards 1528. He also set receiving bests in yards per game 50.4, catches 90, total receiving TD's 3, and total receiving yards 806. He also had his longest run 59 yards and longest reception 64 yards. Jackson is the type of back that takes alot of direct or ackward hits IMO. He should be good for another 2-3 seasons but most RB's that approach the 30 plateau in age seem to fade quickly. I like Jackson and will try to enjoy the time he has left but injuries and age are concerning. We really need to get a back that could share some of the load and help keep Jackson in good shape. Possibly even go to a two back system with Jackson getting a 60/40 split.

One guy that does intrigue me and is available via trade is Marshawn Lynch he is only 24 and has good speed.
                                Yes
                                50.00%
                                No
                                50.00%
                                -10-01-2010, 07:03 PM
                              Working...
                              X