Update on the Atogwe Front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on the Atogwe Front

Apparently the Rams have offered a 4-year contract to OJ over the weekend and the specifics (ie. money) are currently being discussed.

The Fast Lane will be chatting with Billy Devaney in about an hour, where more news is sure to come. I will update accordingly.

EDIT: According to Devaney the situation is still up to Atogwe naturally. He is still shopping around for the best deal.
    Last edited by Bralidore(RAMMODE); -06-07-2010, 02:23 PM.

Re: Update on the Atogwe Front

Atogwe needs to freakin sign already.. it's obvious that nobody else is going to pay him 7 million a season

Comment

It's time O J understands that it's the RAMS way not ATOGWE.
      sigpic :ram::helmet:

Comment

At least we know that the Rams are still players... and who knows, maybe the only player in the Atogwe sweepstakes. I'm sure the money's not what he wants, but at least he could save face and agree to it as a "hometown discount."
        I believe!:ram:

Comment

While I personally have a homer bias towards the situation, I can certainly respect that the organization is standing strong and sticking to their formula for building a successful franchise. Not overpaying players seems to be a big step in turning around the financial ruin this team was in a few years ago. Hopefully it will work out well for us. I seem to recall a somewhat similar situation with Bartell last year, when were were all puzzled as to why we took so long to lock him up. In the end we received fair market value in exchange for his services, and I anticipate the same situation happening here.

Comment

Originally posted by laram0 View Post
            It's time O J understands that it's the RAMS way not ATOGWE.
            Nice one!

Comment

football people are in charge. wow , what a breath of fresh air.

just needs a little bit of time to translate to W's...

go horns!

Comment

Some good news... I'm not hearing about other teams expected to just make a huge push for him as of yet either.

Comment

Just sign already Atogwe. I guess the FO really played this out well.

Comment

I am a huge Atogwe supporter but it appears to me the front office is being fair. At this point Atogwe is just looking for his biggest payday, and who can blame him its his last one. At this point Atogwe just needs to sign and retire a Ram. I really hope he signs although some dont agree with me in my opinion he is a top 5 free safety in this league, and helps the Rams defense in a lot of ways.
                    Aim high Willis, Aim High!

Comment

This situation with Atogwe has come to the point where it would hurt me if we lost him at this point. Were in no position to be losing our better players?

Comment

I hope he sign it looks like the Rams done all they could.
                        :ramlogo:

Comment

Working...
                        X