Steve Spagnuolo Wired Up: 2010 Minicamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Spagnuolo Wired Up: 2010 Minicamp

Steve Spagnuolo this past training camp. Nice little insight into what sweet football nuggets Spags be droppin' in practice. Also a nice audio bit on how scratchy his throat is.

"I like that, I like that...ugh"

YouTube - Steve Spagnuolo Wired Up: 2010 Minicamp
    Last edited by Bralidore(RAMMODE); -06-21-2010, 05:14 PM.

Re: Steve Spagnuolo Wired Up: 2010 Minicamp

Wow, I knew spags was short, but not half pint brawler short...ugh

Comment

I love this guy!

Comment

"The Rams just got better today."

In Spag's words: I like that.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• AtlantaRamFan
          Spagnuolo wired
          by AtlantaRamFan
          This was posted on NFL.com a couple days ago under the Rams video section. It's a mic'd practice w/ Spags. I though it was pretty cool so just passing it along.
          -09-04-2009, 08:46 AM
        • hawaiianpunch
          Rams Coach Spagnuolo wired
          by hawaiianpunch
          YouTube - Rams Coach Steve Spagnuolo Wired

spagnolo seems like a great coach.
          -08-31-2009, 08:24 PM
        • r8rh8rmike
          It's Early, But Spags Has Shown Potential
          by r8rh8rmike
          It's early, but Spags has shown potential

Sports Columnist Bernie Miklasz
          ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
          09/06/2009

Having learned a few embarrassing lessons along the way, I'm hesitant to hype rookie NFL head coaches. I don't get worked up over what happens in training camp. So I'll hold off on trying to nominate new Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Let's see him in a real game. Let's see what happens when the injuries cut into an already thin roster, or when the squad is shaken by the inevitable losing streak. Let's see how the young coach responds if players question him or ignite a controversy. Let's see if he grows rabbit ears or develops overly sensitive skin when there's a feeding frenzy among frustrated fans or media.

So what do we make of the Rams and Spagnuolo a week before the regular-season opener in Seattle?

To state the obvious: The roster still has gaping holes, and only time and better judgment will fill them. Spagnuolo and general manager Billy Devaney didn't create this roster; they inherited much of it. And they are turning it over as fast as they can.

Quality, intelligent leadership eventually will take the Rams higher. So what about Spagnuolo as a leader?

I haven't seen any signs of panic. Spagnuolo's stability is an attribute considering that three NFL head coaches (Kansas City, Tampa Bay and Buffalo) freaked out last week and fired their offensive coordinators.

Spagnuolo is demanding but sincere and that earns respect. He's run a peaceful, orderly and businesslike camp. That may not have people rushing to the ticket windows, but this is a welcome change for an organization that was undermined by constant dysfunction. And compared to some other rookie coaches around the NFL who are yapping a lot or trying to project some tough-guy persona, Spagnuolo seems comfortable with who he is. He doesn't seem to feel a need to put on a show, or to draw attention to himself. I don't see Spagnuolo firing ego bullets in some misplaced display of authority.

Here's the most important thing: Spagnuolo has gotten the players to embrace his approach. So far — and I repeat, more severe challenges are coming — Spagnuolo is receiving the necessary commitment from his players. That was a constant (and failed) struggle for Scott Linehan, the previous rookie head coach brought in by the old regime at Rams Park.

Spagnuolo is connecting.

"I think we've got a bunch of hungry guys," Spagnuolo said. "I think it's good to be hungry. It's a hungry football team that wants to be a team. We've talked a lot about it and I think the guys have embraced it. At least their actions and the attitudes and what comes out verbally says that to me. So if we can rally around that, that would be good."

That's why Spagnuolo thanked the squad...
          -09-06-2009, 09:47 AM
        • r8rh8rmike
          Poor Tackling Concerns Spagnuolo
          by r8rh8rmike
          Poor tackling concerns Spagnuolo

BY BILL COATS
          August 23, 2010

As coach Steve Spagnuolo put it Sunday, a day after the Rams evened their preseason record at 1-1 by edging the Browns 19-17, "A win is a win." But the victory had its blemishes, Spagnuolo pointed out.

"It's not all pretty," he said. "So there are things we've got to work on."

Perhaps topping that list is tackling. The Rams whiffed on a bunch of them in the steady rain in Cleveland.

"I did not like overall the way we tackled," Spagnuolo said. "Way too many missed tackles. And that can't happen. It doesn't matter what the elements are or what the field's like. Guys have got to make those tackles. …

"I think the guys know exactly what the issues were, because we talk about it all the time. We're high on our tackles."

After watching the game film, Spagnuolo put together a clip of five or six tackles that he said were executed perfectly. He plans to highlight those when he meets with his defense today.

"I'm going to show them those first and say, 'Hey, let's just do this all the time,'" Spagnuolo said. "I don't think this is a major, major issue, because we have some prideful guys. We're doing things the right way; we've just got to do it all the time."
          -08-23-2010, 10:42 AM
        • r8rh8rmike
          Spags On Draft
          by r8rh8rmike
          09.10.2009 3:39 pm
          Spags on Draft: “It’s a tough business in a lot of ways.”
          By Jim Thomas
          St. Louis Post-Dispatch

St. Louis Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo knew the topic of the day was linebacker Chris Draft, who was released Thursday in a surprise move. So before the first question came from the media after Thursday’s practice, Spagnuolo addressed Draft’s departure.

“None of these moves are easy,” Spagnuolo said. “It’s a tough business in a lot of ways. We’ve got a lot of respect and appreciation for Chris Draft and what he did both on and off the field here. Every decision that is made here is a team decision. So we’re going forward, but we do wish Chris a lot of luck.”

So how much of the decision was business; and how much was football related?

“I’m not going there,” Spagnuolo said, tersely. ”We made the decision. Again, I’ll repeat: We love Chris and wish him a lot of luck. But we made a decision which we thought was in the best interests of the team.”

Spagnuolo didn’t exactly throw out a lifeline, either, for Draft when asked about the possibility of re-signing him next week.

“We’re just worried about Seattle right now,” Spagnuolo said. “We’re focused on this week. We’ll worry about next week, next week.”
          -09-10-2009, 03:06 PM
        Working...
        X