• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donnie Avery Done

UPDATE: WR Donnie Avery Torn ACL...out for the season

Wait a little before having surgery

boy does this suck

Re: Donnie Avery Done

Does this ever suck. Do the rams look towards making a trade to aquire Vincent Jackson now.

Comment

Not surprising. You could tell right when it happened that he had torn the ACL.

Comment

seriously? man, this really hurts bradford. we are bleeding at WR as is. We are filled with a bunch of what would be #4s on most teams competiting for the #1 spot.

Maybe we should go out and try to get VJAX? I don't know, but the kid needs more than 4 #4s

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Rams Fan View Post
          Does this ever suck. Do the rams look towards making a trade to aquire Vincent Jackson now.
          Patrick clayton was the guy that I've heard being discussed, not Vincent Jackson

Comment

I would be happy with Crayton although I believe we already have a couple of receivers just like him. I think we need an elite wide receiver to compliment Sam and the rest of the offence.

Comment

Where are you guys hearing these rumors about acquiring Vincent Jackson and Patrick Crayton? Is there any merit to either? I agree with Canadian--and I think everyone shares this sentiment--that if we are going to acquire a WR it should be someone whose an elite WR.
              Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Comment

Originally posted by Varg6 View Post
                Where are you guys hearing these rumors about acquiring Vincent Jackson and Patrick Crayton? Is there any merit to either?
                Probably not, those are likely just some names of receivers that may be available.

Comment

Originally posted by Varg6 View Post
                  Where are you guys hearing these rumors about acquiring Vincent Jackson and Patrick Crayton? Is there any merit to either? I agree with Canadian--and I think everyone shares this sentiment--that if we are going to acquire a WR it should be someone whose an elite WR.
                  No Varg, it was written a few weeks ago even before Avery went down, the source says that we are looking to add a WR after cuts are made and that Crayton looks to be the odd man out in "Big D", after I get back in from the gym I'll find the story & send it to you.

Jezz, guys after all this time I would think that you know me better than this...I don't post something w/o a source or 2.:|

Comment

Originally posted by ManofGod View Post
                    No Varg, it was written a few weeks ago even before Avery went down, the source says that we are looking to add a WR after cuts are made and that Crayton looks to be the odd man out in "Big D", after I get back in from the gym I'll find the story & send it to you.

Jezz, guys after all this time I would think that you know me better than this...I don't post something w/o a source or 2.:|
                    I think you're referring to this tidbit from a week-old Vic Carucci article entitled, "Given O-line woes, Rams wise to bring along Bradford slowly"...

The Rams are looking to add an experienced wide receiver at some point. Keep an eye on Patrick Crayton, who still appears to be the odd man out in Dallas.
                    It sounded more like Carucci's speculation than anything specific that linked the Rams to Crayton, but I guess we'll find out.

Comment

Bad deal for Avery, hope he can come back in full force next year. As for replacing him, I do not have any sources but I would think that Antonio Bryant will be our best bet at a good receiver. With T.O. in cincy now I think they can stand to lose Bryant for the right price. Bet they would take a 4th rounder for him.

Comment

I hear Harold Jackson is in shape.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

This is just depressing. Avery looked great last night before going down. He was running nice routes, getting separation and making tough catches. Right when he appears to be realizing his potential, this happens. Like Carriker, his body can't seem to hold up. I hope he can pull a Wes Weker and come back strong. Speaking of Welker, he showed a lot of class when he made the effort to give Avery the glad hand and some words of encouragement as Donnie was carted off the field.

Comment

he just can't stay healthy
                            LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Comment

Originally posted by LA Rammer View Post
                              he just can't stay healthy
                              Not his fault here. He did everything to come into this season strong. ACL injuries just happen sometimes, no matter what kind of shape you are in.

Comment