Expert says Rams have No Upper Echelon Players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expert says Rams have No Upper Echelon Players

I was out looking for my 2010 Rams Jersey. So i try a couple of spots. Found 1 large Bradford Jersey for $99, not bad but too big. So I end up at Champs Sports downtown TO. I am in their a while and finally an associate there asks what are you looking for. I said "Is this all the NFL gear you have"? He replies "yeah what are you looking for?" I turned to him and said a Rams Jersey and before I was finished the sentence he started laughing and said I would never find a Rams Jersey in Champs because they only bring in "top upper echelon player gear". He then teaches me about the difference of top 15-20 players in the league and the rest that "no one cares about".

I let this joker go on for about 2-3 mins before finally having enough. I began:

"OH, right. Sorry you mean like #1 draft picks, or top rated pro-bowl RB's that consistently rush for over a thousand?"

He said "yes". I laughed at him and asked him if he every watched Football, told him to check out SJax and walked out.

Whatta joker.

I can't wait till tomorrow. But sadly I won't have my new Jersey :|

Re: Expert says Rams have No Upper Echelon Players

I'm typically not one to pull rank, but this guy is an associate at Champs. This guy is about as far from an NFL 'expert' as your local Mcd's cook is from Gordon Ramsay.

Comment

I'll kick that guy's a$$

Comment

Those damn ignorant *******s.....I hate people like that!

Comment

Originally posted by DPskywalker View Post
          I'll kick that guy's a$$
          i would give you a rep point for that if i could. ;)
          LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Comment

I do think its difficult to find Rams jerseys with different players names on. For example, in the UK, you generally get one Rams player who's jersey you can get. For a few years it was Marshall Faulk, then Torry Holt, and at the moment it's Steven Jackson.

However, it's quite hard to find Rams jerseys for certain players anyway, considering the Rams pro shop doesn't even sell OJ Atogwe jerseys, and the guy is a defensive captain!
            @EssexRam_

Comment

Originally posted by DPskywalker View Post
              I'll kick that guy's a$$
              Hehe...break his mouth first!!!

Comment

Its the exact same thing here in Ottawa, Ontario Canada. You can find a Steven Jackson jersey which I own and wear proudly but if you want any other player besides that they have to order it for you.

Go Rams 2010 :helmet:

Comment

I am sick and tired of it too. But when the Rams only when a few games in 3 years I guess you have to expect it.

I live in skins land and almost every week on the local radio they talk about how bad the Rams are and how the skins have made so much improvement. They're already chalking the skins game against the Rams as a gurantee win. If the Rams beat anybody this year I hope to GOD it's against dem damn Skins.

Go Rams

Comment

I wouldn't get too worked up about it. Unless it's a store in the St. Louis area, I wouldn't expect a national retailer to keep many if any Rams jerseys in stock. They're going to limit their inventory to what's going to sell regularly, and again if it's not a store close to St. Louis, then they're probably not getting a lot of people storming in buying Rams jerseys. I don't think I've ever walked into a sports store here in the Morgantown/Pittsburgh area and found any Rams jerseys or gear, for instance.

Comment

Same story down here in Houston. Once in a blue moon, you'll find a Steven Jackson jersey. Otherwise, nothing.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Nick
                        Which Rams jersey will be the next one you purchase?
                        by Nick
                        You know the drill, people!
                        Sam Bradford (you mean you haven't bought one yet?)
                        21.28%
                        Steven Jackson (now you're REALLY behind!)
                        4.26%
                        Danario Alexander (Mizzou, baby!)
                        2.13%
                        Robert Quinn (Gotta have that 1st round pick jersey!)
                        4.26%
                        Chris Long (...rassum frassum number changes...)
                        10.64%
                        James Laurinaitis (This is madness? No, this is Rams Football!)
                        38.30%
                        Ron Bartell (Larry Fitzgerald's favorite)
                        4.26%
                        One of Our New Free Agents (Celebrate their signing right!)
                        2.13%
                        Other (please list)
                        12.77%
                        -08-02-2011, 08:19 AM
                      • txramsfan
                        If there's a Jersey Mike's sub shop near you
                        by txramsfan
                        Get the Big Kahuna. It won't disappoint. Excellent philly cheese steak knock off.
                        -03-10-2009, 10:03 AM
                      • r8rh8rmike
                        'Ochcinco' Will Adorn The Back Of His Jersey
                        by r8rh8rmike
                        Fri May 15, 2009 10:58 am EDT

'Ochocinco' will adorn the back of his jersey
                        By MJD

The Bengals wide receiver who was born "Chad Johnson" finally gets his wish this season for a really clever and awesome name on the back of his jersey. Sort of.

I think he wanted "Ocho Cinco," which is Spanish for "Eight Five." He'll be settling for "Ochocinco," though, which is just as nonsensical in Spanish as it is in English.

Why doesn't he get the two-word version he wanted? Because that's not how he filled out the form. He wrote "Ochocinco" on the legally binding name-change document in Florida, so that's his legal name, and that's what will be on his jersey. One might think that when a man changes his name for the rest of eternity, he'd be pretty careful when filling out the form. Guess not.

He wanted to make the change last year, but couldn't, because Reebok had already printed up all the "C. Johnson" jerseys that they planned to sell in '08, and if Chad wanted to change, he'd have had to pay for them all. The coast is clear in '09, though, the NFL and Reebok are on board, and are, in fact, already selling the Ochocinco jerseys.

I hope it's worth it for him. I hope whatever thrill or giggle he gets out of taking the field with "Ochocinco" on the back of his jersey makes him as happy as he thought it would. At this point, I don't think it amuses anyone else all that much.
                        -05-15-2009, 03:36 PM
                      • abram86
                        i need help finding Rams
                        by abram86
                        My birthday is on November 10th and my lil bro wants to buy me a Bradford jersey, he doesn't want to buy me a replica but an authentic, where's the cheapest place to buy them
                        -11-07-2010, 10:28 PM
                      • AvengerRam_old
                        Ordered my custom jersey!
                        by AvengerRam_old
                        Here's what it will look like:

Decided to go with #49 in honor of Rod Perry.

The reason(s)?

Well, the first time I played any kind of organized football, I was a CB and Rod Perry was the guy I pretended to be (and, of course, Perry was #49).

Also, in terms of "moments frozen in time," Rod Perry's near miss of the ball on Stallworth's TD in the Steelers Super Bowl is etched in my memory (in part, due to the famous SI cover). Despite the loss, my status as a proud Rams fan was set in stone after that season, and I've been looking for the Rams to "Avenge" that loss since (which they did, to an extent, in 1999).

The final reason is practical: NO CHANCE THAT MY JERSEY WILL BECOME OUTDATED (i.e. my Bruce and Holt jerseys!).

I'll be wearing the new jersey proudly on Opening Day!

Getting psyched!...
                        -08-28-2009, 01:55 PM
                      Working...
                      X