Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great win for the squad, bring on the fish!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great win for the squad, bring on the fish!

Another huge, huge win and we appear to have made it through relatively healthy. I wont repeat the bulk of what avenger noted in his 20 thoughts, since many of my thoughts are basically the same (with the notable addition of my post on grant willliams). It is so true that causing turnovers on defense covers a multitude of problems, such as most importantly a very, very poor pass rush. I agree that the play of the corners, especially groce, wasnt great, but griese had way too much time to throw.

I will say this. We have to beat miami if we want to stay in serious contention for home field in the playoffs. This is the kind of trap game that we need to avoid looking past. We are on a short week, about to go on the road and you know that miami wont lose them all. They are pretty tough defensively so we need to avoid turnovers on offense and stupid mistakes that could let them stay in the game. It would be so great if we could get ahead early and get a convincing win heading into the bye week. Looking past anyone in the nfl is a recipe for disaster, as we all saw very clearly in the detroit game last year.

I continue to contend that the real significance of the loss to the saints was the elimination of our "margain for error." If you want home field, division titles, and a chance at the superbowl, you cant afford much in the way of "bad" losses, and while the atlanta game was a game we could have won, at this point, it doesnt look like a bad loss to me, whereas the saints game was over and we couldnt hold them for 28 seconds.

If we beat miami, i think that at 5-2 and a huge win on the road at seattle we have to be pleased. Not thrilled to death, but very pleased, mainly because we will be in control of our own destiny. Looking at new england and seattle coming out of the bye week makes it that much more critical that we dont lay an egg against the dolphins this coming sunday.

Lets all enjoy the win at least for tonight, tampa is very, very tough defensively no matter what their record is, and its a terrific win for the squad.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Re: Great win for the squad, bring on the fish!

You'll probably get to 5-2 this sunday vs the Fins. I can't see the Rams getting beat by my Fins.

Comment

Welcome to the ClanRam board, miamarino.

The Dolphins are having their problems this year, no doubt. But I, for one, won't take anything for granted against Jason Taylor, Zach Thomas, Sam Madison and Patrick Surtain.

Comment

Defensively, I'm looking forward to seeing how Hargrove plays against a slow O line of Miami. Fiedler isn't the most nimble QB on the planet.

Comment

This is going to be a very tough game against the Fins.I live in South Florida and have been a rams fan for 40years.Miami is really going to be up for this game.They played very well against the Pats in New England and the game was closer than the score.They matchup well against the Rams,,very sold defense and excellent DB;S....there weakness is their offense but match well against a very soft Ram defense.

It would be great to win this game and go into the by-week in first place and get ready for the Pats....but,if the Rams are thinking the same this could be a very ugly day in Miami.

I do know this...the rams need fisher back and a major contribution from kennedy to strenghen the defense,,,,no question the offense is dynamite despite Willaims who is awful but its that soft defense against quality teams like the Pats and Eagles that must be improved if the Rams are indeed going to challenge the big boys,,,,just my .02.

Comment

Nobody should be overlooking this game. NOBODY.

This is a good team with a few problems. If you take it for granted, they will hurt us.

Comment

Surtain and Madison are two of the best corners in the league, and Miami did get some resemblence of a running game against the Bills Sunday.

I don't think this Rams team looks over anyone. Martz won't allow it, and it seems Bulger has the same demeanor be it the Patriots or the Cardinals.

Comment

I agree, but we need to keep the Clans feet on the ground LOL

Comment

Of course, the Rams do have an extra special 12th man this week...

ME!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AvengerRam
                    Welcome to the ClanRam board, miamarino.

The Dolphins are having their problems this year, no doubt. But I, for one, won't take anything for granted against Jason Taylor, Zach Thomas, Sam Madison and Patrick Surtain.
                    Thanks Avenger. Yes, we're definitely having a miserable year. The effort is there, no doubt about it but we definitely also have execution problems on offense as well as being victims of an inept coach and GM. The D has kept us in everygame... until the offense commits stupid, costly turnovers (re: see Takeo Spikes last week vs Buffalo). I fear things will get even bleaker as the D eventually gets worn down from this impetent offense. Most Fins fans have given up on 2004 and are looking fwd to the draft as well as 2005 w/MAJOR changes coming. Your D may be soft (as another poster above said) but our O is so pathetic it may not be able to take advantage of that. We have playmakers at FB, WR, and TE but that's it. It also requires execution from the QB and OL, which we are not getting. Anything is possible and the Fins MAY upset the Rams but based on what I've seen so far, I doubt it. Good luck, hope u beat the Pats.

Comment

I think the TB game was a good rehearsal for the fins game. Not that TB is a weaker team, but that they are a very similar team. Their O is better than we will see in Miami, but their D isn't as good. We will have to stay up for this one. I think we see Jackson become enlightened as to what a top-tier run defense can do this week.
                      The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

Originally posted by HUbison
                        I think the TB game was a good rehearsal for the fins game. Not that TB is a weaker team, but that they are a very similar team. Their O is better than we will see in Miami, but their D isn't as good. We will have to stay up for this one. I think we see Jackson become enlightened as to what a top-tier run defense can do this week.
                        The Fins D is tops (or near there) in pass D but they have allowed 4 one hundred yd rushers this year compared to just 1 last yr. The secondary will definitely be tested but from what I saw of the Bucs-Rams game, you have to get pressure on Bulger otherwise he'll sit back there and pick you apart (which applies to all QB's.... well, maybe not to our QB's as they can't make a throw pressure or not). We'll try our best to enlighten Mr. Jackson, though.

Comment

Originally posted by miamarino
                          The Fins D is tops (or near there) in pass D but they have allowed 4 one hundred yd rushers this year compared to just 1 last yr. The secondary will definitely be tested but from what I saw of the Bucs-Rams game, you have to get pressure on Bulger otherwise he'll sit back there and pick you apart (which applies to all QB's.... well, maybe not to our QB's as they can't make a throw pressure or not). We'll try our best to enlighten Mr. Jackson, though.
                          True, your run D has appeared to underachieve this year, but I think it's due to all of your opponents apparent desire to not pass against you. The fins are giving up a respectable 4.0 ypc (T-13th) and only 2 rushing TDs (T-5th). The problem is only Oakland has had more rushing attempts against them (which seems odd with Sapp and Washington in the middle, but that's a different topic). When teams run against you 34 times per game, the run D is bound to loosen up. The question I have is will Martz be willing to run that many times? If not, your run D may look better against us than they have so far this year.

Comment

You know, we've overlooked the greatest one-on-one matchup this week. Yea, that's right, it's time for the Clash of the Titans!!!!

Leonard Little vs. John St. Clair
                            Let's get ready to RUMBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE!!!!! :redface:

Comment

Originally posted by HUbison
                              You know, we've overlooked the greatest one-on-one matchup this week. Yea, that's right, it's time for the Clash of the Titans!!!!

Leonard Little vs. John St. Clair
                              Let's get ready to RUMBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE!!!!! :redface:

Classic. Brilliantly classic.

Comment