some things we can all agree on----

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some things we can all agree on----

In light of the spirited debate on grant williams, lets list a few things we can all agree on.

1) Great win last night

2) Steven Jackson is a man child of biblical magnitude.

3) We need travis fisher back

4) We need trev faulk back on the special teams

5) By the time he retires, timmerman may be our current rams generations version of tom mack, in the same way that orlando pace will be our Big Jackie if he signs long term.

6) The upside on hargrove appears to be limitless. What energy and enthusiasm. Reminds me of a young richard dent, but better against the run.

7) Sean Landetta is the last remaining guy in the nfl that played for both george halas and vince lombardi.

ramming speed to all,

general counsel

Re: some things we can all agree on----

just curious when was landettas rookie season? 1959 or was it 1960? :tongue:

Comment

Heheh, this guy can still punt. :helmet: X1000000000
      Steven Jackson.......good pick draft.
      Rams Rule.

Comment

Originally posted by ramsfan1975
        just curious when was landettas rookie season? 1959 or was it 1960? :tongue:
        Here's his rookie card.

Comment

I stumbled upon an early photo of Sean Landeta perfecting his craft.

Comment

Zig Zag, that is one of the best posts in recent memory

general counsel

Comment

I thought Avenger's was pretty good.

Comment

"some things we can all agree on"...not who's post was funnier- AVR or ZIG ZAG?....both are histerical!

I didn't realize Trev Faulk was out again on special teams? It's like night and day when he's in there vs. not.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RamJackson39
                  On the other hand...
                  by RamJackson39
                  Instead of attacking the coaches and players, take this moment to appreciate what they did this season. They had a lot of things that they had to deal with, and have at least been competitive. So, celebrate those guys that played with true heart this season...

-Ryan Pickett. He was a monster this season. He was one of the best DTs in the league.

-Corey Ivy. Played with a lot of heart and passion when he was on the field. I would love to see the Rams resign him

-Steven Jackson. Despite the changing of a HC, a banged up O-line, and a lack of commitment to the running game; Jackson went over 1,000 yards.

-Marshall Faulk. Has come in and played great in a reserve role. He has been a leader. Also, had to deal with Hurricane Katrina effecting his family in New orleans.

-Torry Holt. The best WR in the league. He is playing through pain and is still effective.

There are many more that I could mention for a job well done. Who do you guys think deserve recognition for their play this season? Remember, this has not been an easy season for anyone. Lighten up on the players a little bit and congratulate the ones that truly played their hearts out.
                  -12-20-2005, 04:32 PM
                  The Play of the O Line
                  by Guest
                  Granted, this was against arizona, a team with significant pass rush and run stopping issues, which was playing without arguably their best defensive tackle. However, i join those impressed with the play of the line, particularly with regard to their teamwork, which will improve as they play more together.

Even though it was the cards, this is the best run blocking i have seen from the squad in a while. Both faulk and jackson were getting through the line without getting hit, enabling them to run over/around tacklers over and over. I really do think that faulk can move in two different directions at the same time.

Dishman looked great to me. I continue to believe that he will be a big improvement over mccollom at guard. Mcollom was fine and grant williams played well also. I have commented on Pace in a separate post. He is as dominant a guy at his position as anyone in the league. Timmerman was fine as well.

We will see how the line does next weekend in atlanta, its a road game so maybe noise will be an issue, but i will be sitting in row 1 behind the rams bench so i will do my best to drown out the falcons fans and will of course be adding encouragement on every play to the squad.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
                  -09-12-2004, 04:41 PM
                • general counsel
                  we missed trev faulk this year
                  by general counsel
                  i think we would have been stronger with trev faulk in the middle and chillar on the bench. Of course, this is both 20-20 hindsight and ignores faulks injury which caused him to get cut in the first place. We really had no other viable option in the middle.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
                  -12-22-2006, 06:59 PM
                • general counsel
                  our punter is terrific
                  by general counsel
                  On the good news front, matt turk was sending bombs up into the sky all day yesterday. He certainly had plenty of practice. I think he might of signed a one year deal. If so, i hope we resign him soon, i would love to have him back.

Our special teams are really improved this year, notwithstanding the kickoff return vs. sf and the punt return vs. seattle.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
                  -11-20-2006, 05:39 AM
                • general counsel
                  Post #2828- 28 Ramming Thoughts
                  by general counsel
                  To many, post #5,000 is a milestone. For me, post #2828 has great spiritual significance, as it represents the duplicate number of the greatest player EVER to wear the horns in the history of our storied and beloved franchise. A few thoughts on post 2828:

1) I love this board. Thanks again to Dez and the Mods for making it all possible.
                  2) Marshall Faulk will be back for at least one more year.
                  3) We need help at tight end, but not at the #11 pick. We NEED defense if we are going to contend. No team in the cap era has a weapon at every position on both sides of the ball. The key is balance. Our defense was awful last year and while we added some help, we lost our best run stuffer and have not replaced him. We are very very dependent on the emergence of jimmy kennedy and that scares me a lot more than having one less offensive weapon.
                  4) Bulger and steven jackson will both have great years If the offensive line blocks for them.
                  5) Ditto point #4 as to our red zone productivity.
                  6) Wilkins is money. I love the guy. However, i think his kickoffs are often short and that hasnt helped us coverage wise.
                  7) The emergence of our young players on defense is even more important to the success of our team than the addition of the guys we signed. Bartell, Hargrove, Chillar, Kennedy (first and foremost), Groce, OJ etc. These guys dont have to all be stars, but they have to improve.
                  8) Injuries, which are largely luck, are critical to the success of any nfl team. How our injured guys return to action is also important to us, namely butler and fisher.
                  9) Can leonard little assume a dominant role again? Hard to say. Pass rush from the other side would sure help.
                  10) Defensive backs in the nfl, within a pretty broad range and with a few notable exceptions, are as good as the pass rush. I dont care how good you think your corners are, if the qb has all day to throw, the defense is going to have major problems.
                  11) The QB cant throw from flat on his ass. Given time, bulger is as good as anyone. I like the idea of less 4 receiver sets. Same point with the tight end argument. I will gladly trade less weapons for more time for bulger to throw. I think holt, bruce and curtis are going to be open down the field 99% of the time if bulger isnt getting killed. Jackson/Faulk are outstanding checkoff options.
                  12) I miss tom nutten. One of the guttiest guys ever to wear the horns.
                  13) We will move the ball plenty. The key on offense is the red zone, and as i already stated, that will be all about the offensive line.
                  14) Back to the offensive line. If productive, and jackson gets the running game going (i believe the two go hand in hand) bulger will be even more effective. Play action has been virtually non existent for us for two years since we havent been able to establish a running game. If we are able to effectively use play action,...
                  -04-18-2006, 05:53 AM
                Working...
                X