Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We all know our Rams have made huge strides this season...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We all know our Rams have made huge strides this season...

hey we're 3-4 this year and crazy 2 more wins than all of last season already. A 6-10 season I believe and many people on this messageboard would be happy I feel. But when are the Rams gonna start winning the games they have already put away in the bag.
    WEEK 1 - a rams fumble recovery going into the enzone goes awry and instead of being up 20-10 late in the 3rd quarter, we go down 17-10. Game we should of won.
    WEEK 7- We are up 17-3 late in 2nd quarter and on a 3rd and 17th let Freeman get into FG range when they had no timeouts left. We called 2 timeouts on their possession ... Also early in the 3rd quarter Freeman throws a gimme INT to LAurentis in which we are already in FG range to put the game away.

The NFL season is not the MLB or the NBA where you can squander a win here and there. We should be 5-2 and at min 4-3. DON'T GET ME WRONG I AM HAPPY ON HOW FAR THIS TEAM HAS COME BUT ITS DISAPPOINTING WHEN YOU SEE HOW WEAK THE WHOLE NFC IS THIS SEASON AND WE ARE MISSING AN OPPURTUNITY TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS

Re: We all know our Rams have made huge strides this season...

We're not shooting ourselves in the foot but rather AIMING at the foot...

Comment

^ we are not aiming at our foot... we are actaully doing a great job this year... compared to everyone's thoughts about this year. we have exceeded that already.

Comment

It bothers when people say we should be 6-1 or 5-2. That insinuates that, because a game was close, we should've won. In other words, unless we get blown out, we have won.

This lacks logic. Most NFL games are close. The better teams win those games.

We're 3-4 because that's what we are. It's like the quote from The Social Network: "You didn't invent Facebook, because if you did, you would have invented Facebook."

All of that said, I LOVE that we're almost always competitive. That's a good thing.

Comment

I just find it amazing the fact the rams go 1-15 with bulger last year but they are able to turn it around so fast this year I mean keep in mind people may not realize but The RAMS SHOULD BE 6-1 RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 6-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now real true rams fans understand we aint bad but we are not amazing REAL rams fans realize were building were young and we have a franchise QB that is not only a QB, a Heisman winner an accurate passer...Hes a leader ! Bulger wasn't and thats how we got into this whole now who knows what could have happen if we treated warner right and kept him. When I see Sam Bradford in that rams uniform every sunday I think to myself in 5 years hes the next best QB in the league hes the answer to the questions people have been asking. Most importantly! I look at Bradford and think to myself Greatest Show on Turf is coming back!

Comment

I'm actually glad we are losing these close games.

Remember when the Dolphins were rubbish and turned it around into a playoff season? Where did they go after that? back down again.

We need a slow and steady climb up, so that we win this division multiple times in years to come.
            @EssexRam_

Comment

Originally posted by tomahawk247 View Post
              I'm actually glad we are losing these close games.

Remember when the Dolphins were rubbish and turned it around into a playoff season? Where did they go after that? back down again.

We need a slow and steady climb up, so that we win this division multiple times in years to come.
              I actually agree and disagree to be quite honest losing i guess is good to make it more special in the end or getting big quality draft picks but i dont wanna be as high on the draftboard to the point we can get AJ Green or Julio Jones. No, see heres the thing I want. I want to walk on in and see the rams on playing teams they would not have beaten with bulger and realizing that the rams guys think we could really beat any team we should have beaten the NFC Champs but cliff ryan had to fumble ugghhh that was heartbreaking and then we almost beat a team that scored 59 points against the broncos WOW im still stunned about that! I mean just look if we had the team then that we have now we would have won those

Comment

Just because we went 1-15 and had low expectations going into the season does not mean you can't switch your expectations after seeing how your team is playing midway through the season.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• jjigga3000
                  Reason's........
                  by jjigga3000
                  Last year we had lost all hope of doing anything after the 4th game of the season. The Rams weren't competitive or competent. This year is a whole different beast. We're two games out of first place and have the chance to enter the bi-week at .500. I know for a fact not many people in this forum believed or even thought that this would be possible. The fact that we're getting mad and upset that we lost a gave says something, with a couple of plays going our way, and I do mean a couple we could be 6-1. Our record really doesn't give a direct detail of who and what kind of team this is.

So we have many reasons to be excited about the state of the Rams, because we know we now have a competitive team. Look at the second half of the season, I don't see why we can't make a run for the playoffs. First off if we beat Seattle at home, then we have the tie breaker against them, in the case of a tie. and I see no reason why we can't because i think we match up well against them. of the rest of the 8 teams we face including the Cardiac Kats, I think it's possible we could go 7-2 or 6-3. The only teams I see us having a problem with are the Falcons, and Saints. I see us finishing 9-7, and this year I think that's good enough to make the playoffs. Reason's to be hopeful fellas.

For those who don't think so, I really could care less what you think, because even with our record this team has been very enjoyable to watch. Yeah it's painful to loose close games like we have. But hey at least we were close and considering where we came from as a team. I'll take that anyday. All this team is doing is learning how to win. We'll have more close games like that this year, believe me, and guess what we will win them.
                  -10-26-2010, 04:24 PM
                • laram0
                  Better Days are coming
                  by laram0
                  It has been a frustrating start of the season for us RAMS fans.

Our first game at Philly I really thought we had a chance at a win. Stupid me, we got buried.

Our second game of the season at home against the defending Superbowl Champion Giants, I really thought we had a chance to win. Stupid me, we fell apart in the 4th quarter. Still thanks to our RAMS for playing tough for the first 3 quarters.

Our third game is on the road at Seattle against the rival Seahawks. You guessed it right, I really feel like we have a chance to win.

I also feel like we have a chance to win our 4th through 16th games.

At least that's how feel every week leading up to one of our games.

Bottom line for me is that we have waited since the 2007 regular season eneded to see our team play again. Wins are nice and what I expect but at least they're playing.

GO RAMS!!!!!

:helmet:
                  -09-19-2008, 08:15 AM
                • general counsel
                  Great News, we are officially a mediocre, middle of the pack NFL team
                  by general counsel
                  Over the first six games of the Bradford era, the rams have clearly established themselves as a solidly mediocre NFL team that is obviously on the way up. This is a HUGE step considering that we won a total of 3 games in the prior two years.

By beating San Diego, we have shown that we can beat a playoff caliber team. Our performance in the first half yesterday was nfc championship caliber football. You can't play much better on defense and offense than we played in the first half yesterday, albeit with a couple of breaks (ie a couple of drops by the SD defense that could have been INT's and a HUGE drop by Gates on a perfect third and long throw by Rivers over the middle). For the game, we had seven sacks and no turnovers, in addition to a blocked field goal and a terrific interception in the end zone. With the game on the line, we imposed our will on the chargers and the Big Boy ran the ball down their throats to run out the clock, despite the obvious nature of the play calling. We have improved a great deal in a short time despite crippling injuries at a key offensive position (WR) where we were already lacking a #1 before anyone got hurt. As with almost every team at any level of football, dramatically improved line play on both sides of the ball has been a critical consideration in our ascension.

It should be apparant to the entire NFL that the Rams are a very competitive home team. We are going to beat more good teams at home as the year moves on and the fans enthusiasm can only help the Rams feed off their effort yesterday.

The next test for improvement is consistency and the ability to win on the road. If we can play a full game like we played the first half yesterday, the sky is the limit. We have lost two games that we could have easily won, and frankly, we almost let a win slip away yesterday with wildly conservative play calling in the second half (like we were playing not to lose, rather than trying to win). As well as we played defensively, allowing an 80 yard drive in 40 seconds at a key point in the fourth quarter is something that we can improve on quite a bit. I am sure no one wanted to see Rivers get the ball back with three time outs left only needing a field goal. The Rams have shown dominance in flashes this year, we need to learn to finish teams off and to play more consistently. Playing well on the road is a tough task for all NFL teams, we will see if the Rams can answer the call this weekend in what has to be considered a "winnable" road game at Tampa Bay. If we can respond vs Tampa and beat Carolina (which we should do), we are 5-3 heading into the bye week, a result that i doubt anyone could have projected.

In short, we have come an awfully long way in a short time and if we want to take the next step this season (rather than in the future), we are going to have to win on the road. For now, the Rams fall solidly into the category of "any...
                  -10-18-2010, 12:34 PM
                • 1980RAMS
                  Tough loss
                  by 1980RAMS
                  Everyone lost in our division and we couldn't capitalize. Very dis heartening. This team has a problem closing games. We could have gained a game on the hawks. But instead we are in the same boat we where yesterday.

3 Games upcoming on the Road...... Scary
                  -11-21-2010, 07:33 PM
                • Rambos
                  We all knew this was coming.
                  by Rambos
                  We are now in the stretch of games that will make us or break us. We already lost to SD can we now win two of three?

Nov 5 Kansas City Home
                  Nov 12 Seattle Road
                  Nov 19 Carolina Road
                  -10-30-2006, 09:50 AM
                Working...
                X