Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuing on Max Q...

The cue: MAX Q!

"Roughly one minute after the Space Shuttle launches, it must withstand a condition of extreme force known as Max Q. Mission success demands that all systems perform at the highest level. When designed properly, prepared carefully, and executed perfectly, the Shuttle and it's crew safely reach orbital velocity of 17,500 mph --- just over 7 minutes after launching.'

'In life, Max Q demands the same commitment to success. It requires choosing greatness, personally as well as professionally. It depends on balance, passion, courage, and the wisdom gained from adversity. It is an outcome as well as an attitude. It is the combined result of the learning of a parachute packer, the focus of astronauts in orbit, the emotion shared by the Navy Seals, the precision of the Blue Angels, and the heart of the St. Louis Rams'"
    Crede message posted inside Rams park. :cool:

Allriiightta! Yeah!! GO RAMS!!!

Do the Aints have a "cue?"

The St. Louis Rams have their 'MAX Q' ideal. Not sure if Raiders' are still chanting the "Just win baby" motto or their 'Commitment to Excellence' theme. Wondering if Aints have one...

Anyone know what the incentive /inspirational statement is for the NYJets --or that of other Rams opponents for this year?

How is that team doing? ;)

Comment

Slogan of the Saints

Keep expectations low, that way we wont be as disappointed when we dont meet them. Aim low!

Anything that is hard, isn't worth doing!

Beer and then liquor, never sicker!

and running backs and wedding dresses dont mix.....

Comment

:o ;) nice HH

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• hawaiianpunch
          Rams Provide Blue Print for Losing teams.
          by hawaiianpunch

I can't stand to watch games in which teams already way out of the playoff scene play and coach scared. When you have nothing to lose, you might as well adopt that mental approach. Coach to win, show some guts and let it all hang out.
          So I love the way Steve Spagnuolo attacked the Saints on defense and kept on firing and kept going for it on fourth down and ended up with the most shocking result of this season. It's not just that the Rams beat the Saints -- though that was shocking in and of itself -- it was how they did it.

The play that drove a stake through the Saints, though, was when Jackson got a carry on fourth-and-2 with St. Louis leading 17-0 and 7 minutes to play in the third quarter. He rumbled left, reached the sidelines, and 32 yards later the Rams had first-and-goal from the 3. Jackson scored from there, and that was the ballgame.New Orleans' once-great offensive line was in disarray with guys barking at coaches on the sidelines. Chris Long had three sacks and there was no answer for him. New Orleans was pummeled in every facet of play and Steven Jackson ran wild on the Saints.

No doubt every
          player loved the call when it came in. As Herm Edwards once famously said, "You play to win the game." You don't play not to lose. Good for Spags and the Rams. Obviously, this season is not going as planned, but that was a huge win. The victory cushions Spagnuolo from the hot seat some and if the Rams can be competitive against their division foes -- as I expect them to be -- and Sam Bradford finishes the season strong, things might not be nearly as bleak as they seemed, oh, what, 48 hours ago?

- Jason LaCanfora

Wow i never thought i say this But calling a run on 4th and 2. Seems very uncharacteristic of Spagnolo. Never thought id say this but WOW. What a great decision. Going out and getting, rather than settling. I love this but where was this the whole season? We will see more of this I believe!!!

I think Spags Finally believes in his team, he called them out, got them ready. I got high hopes for these rams! Prediction. Rams 30 cardinals 10. Go Rams!

:8 I bleed Blue and Yellow, Rams 4 life.

-11-05-2011, 10:27 PM
        • RealRam
          Common spelling mistakes -- for the fun of it.
          by RealRam
          Although proper spelling is certainly not a "requisite" and it may not necessarily improve the QUALITY of the CLAN, the opposite, bad orthography [i.e., spelling as a subject or science], may contribute a negative effect.

Clan Moderators do not look for this, of course. And that is fair and good -- even though we do have a spelling checker. It is an open forum. But I believe that a post is not only its content, but its image, an image that may enhance or deteriorate the overall QUALITY of our CLAN. I'm not talking about typographical errors; those are mainly accidental.

One of the ways I learn a different language is by paying close attention to the spelling of the vocabulary. It is a good linguistic tool (I still have other people find my errors when I don't myself). That has helped me considerably in learning English.

For the fun of it, following are some common spelling mistakes observed in casual English writing. They are NOT mentioned here for the sake of criticism, rather as an observation that hopefully, will help us learn and/or exercise the nuances of written communication in and outside of this forum:

CORRECT / INCORRECT

believe / beleive
          receive / recieve ... Kevin Curtis is a fine receiver.
          then / than (or vice versa)
          effect / affect (or vice versa)
          there / their (or vice versa) / they're
          are / our (or vice versa)
          lose / loose (or vice versa)

Do all NFL players spell correctly? Yeah, right!
          But as everyone else ought to, they should get their spelling checked when they write a Resume! It is common courtesy and respect for the reader.

Please feel free to add correct / incorrect terminolgy. Thanks.
          -07-04-2006, 03:56 PM
        • OldRamsfan
          Rams History
          by OldRamsfan
          For some of our younger Rams fans who might not know here are some facts about our Rams or for some of the newer fans who might not have known about >>

Rams History :

Back in 1934, the St. Louis Gunners joined the NFL by purchasing the defunct Cincinnati Reds NFL team. The Reds had lost their first 8 games before they were suspended from the league for defaulting on payments. The St. Louis Gunners, coached by Charles "Chile" Walsh, went 1-2 in their remaining 3 games. Then the Gunners, too, were dropped when they went bankrupt...
          In 1937, the Cleveland Rams were founded by Homer Marshman, a Cleveland attorney. The NFL placed the Cleveland Rams into the NFL Western Division to replace the St. Louis Gunners. Dan Reeves, the son of a New York grocer, purchased the Rams in 1941. Chile Walsh was hired in 1942 as an assistant coach, and was promoted to general manager in 1944. He offered a finders fee of $100 to anyone recommending a player who made the team. Chile hired his brother, Adam, (adam was very good friends with my Uncle's) as head coach in 1945, whereupon they promptly won the NFL championship, going 9-1-0 on the season. Rookie QB Bob Waterfield passed for 1,609 yards an 14 TDs. Top receiver was Jim Benton, with 1,067 yards and 8 TDs. The title game was played on Dec. 15, 1945, in Cleveland. The Rams defeated the Washington Redskins 15-14 in a showdown pitting the Rams rookie QB Bob Waterfield against the Redskins veteran QB Sammy Baugh...

On January 11, 1946, Reeves asked permission to move the team to Los Angeles, California. Many owners were concerned about the added cost of cross-country travel expenses. Beginning a fine tradition, Reeves offered to pay to the owners an additional $5,000.00 over the existing guarantee when their team played the Rams on the West Coast. The deal was approved, and the Rams became the first NFL team to move West. This began a trend that would spill over to other professional sports, and continue for decades...

The Rams post a record of 6-4-1 in their first season in Los Angeles, 1947...

In 1948, the Rams became the first team in the NFL to have a team emblem on their helmets when halfback Fred Gehrke painted horns on the helmets...

In 1949, the Rams win their first division title in Los Angeles. QB Bob Waterfield and Rookie QB Norm Van Brocklin led the team to an 8-2-2 record. Elroy "Crazy Legs" Hirsch caught 22 passes as the league's first flanker. Tom Fears had 77 receptions for 1,013 yards. In spite of this, the Philadelphia Eagles (11-1-0) held the Rams to only 10 completions for 98 yards, and allowed only 21 yards rushing to defeat the Rams 14-0 in the NFL Championship Game...

The Rams became the first NFL team to have all their games - both home and away - televised in 1950...

In 1951, the Rams reversed their television broadcast policy and televised
          -02-07-2006, 09:30 AM
        • VegasRam
          Sung to the tune of...
          by VegasRam
          "Happy days are here again", (for those who are so inclined);)

Rams are turning things around at last
          Shaw and Ziggy’s crap is in the past
          Spag's is here to stay, the die is cast
          Rams are back on track again

Billy’s got his eyes upon the draft
          Showing everyone he’s honed his craft
          In our drafts before, the pundits laughed
          Rams are coming back again

Bulger’s finally smiling just a bit
          His new center is a perfect fit
          Now at last he won’t get hit and hit
          Rams are going to win again

Ron Bartell has got his corner spot
          And Atogwe’s going to still be hot
          Hill and Butler both will get their shot
          Rams are on the attack again

D-Line’s finally got a touch of gray
          Looks like they may finally have their day
          Anyway, it’s clear they’re here to play
          Rams may get more sacks again

Steven Jackson’s glad he’s now a Dad
          Contract’s done, so he’s no longer mad
          Gonna run like hell, and catch a tad
          Rams got running backs again

Our receivers seem to lack some age
          Maybe so, but wait ‘til they engage
          Other team’s DBs, they will upstage
          Rams'll scare some D's again

As a team, this all will take some time
          Lot of work ahead, an uphill climb
          And I just ran out of things that rhyme
          Rams are fun to watch again

So OK, I hope this finds you well
          We’ll no longer hear the tolling bell
          Looks like character will finally tell
          Rams'll kick some 'A' again
          -03-25-2009, 03:23 PM
        • OldRamsfan
          top 10 NFL Rivalries of all time
          by OldRamsfan
          Since most of us are feeling pretty bad about our seaqson I thought I would throw in a little football triva , some might disagree , This info comes from SI and the NFL ...
          No.1. Cowboys & Redskins
          The Cowboys and Redskins have hated each other since the series began in 1960 and the rivalry has blossomed into one of the greatest in sports. The two franchises have won eight Super Bowls combined and even in the rare down years, each has given the other trouble. There are too many great games to list, but this year's Monday Night thriller, in which Washington shocked Dallas with a come-from-behind 14-13 victory, has to be among them.
          No.2. Bears & Packers
          The NFL's oldest rivalry has maintained a level of hatred since 1921, when the Chicago Staleys (the franchise that evolved into the Bears) hammered the Packers 20-0. Over 50 Hall of Famers-to-be have played in this rivalry, in which the Bears hold an 85-78-6 edge.
          No.3. Chiefs & Raiders These former AFL powerhouses, both of whom have rabid fans, have been going at it for over four decades. The rivalry hit a high – or a low, actually – in 1970, when the Raiders' Ben Davidson speared Chiefs QB Len Dawson in a play that ended up costing Kansas City a key late-season game.
          No.4. Giants & Eagles The intensity of this rivalry can be summed up by two plays: Chuck Bednarik's vicious hit on Frank Gifford in 1960 and "The Miracle at the Meadowlands" (Herman Edwards' return of a Joe Pisarcik fumble for a key win in 1978). The Eagles ended up on top in both those games, but the Giants have gotten in plenty of licks over the years.
          No.5. Steelers & Browns
          The original rust-belt rivalry, these two teams have a long history of not liking each other. The cities are separated by fewer than 100 miles and both have incredible passion for their teams. The Steelers had the decisive edge in the ‘70s, but the Browns stormed back in the ‘80s. When the NFL returned to Cleveland in 1999, Pittsburgh was the Browns first home opponent. The Steelers won that game 43-0, but the Browns got their revenge with a shocking 16-15 win in Pittsburgh.
          No.6. Broncos & Raiders
          The rivalry got going in the ‘70s, when the Broncos had to beat the consistently excellent Raiders to enter the upper echelon of the AFC. The teams hated each other then and things have only gotten worse. The hatred between Broncos coach Mike Shanahan and Oakland's front office is legendary. Raiders owner Al Davis not only fired Shanahan, but also allegedly refused to pay him the remainder of his contract, starting a feud that is still among the NFL's best.
          No.7. Packers & VikingsThe Packers were not very welcoming when the Vikings entered the NFL in 1961; Green Bay dominating the series early. But then Minnesota took off under Bud Grant as Green Bay suffered in the post-Vince Lombardi era. The series has been marked by close games, with...
          -12-19-2005, 10:29 AM
        Working...
        X