James Laurinaitis and Animal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Laurinaitis and Animal

Neat little thing I seen on the NFL network and thought you guys would enjoy it too.

NFL Videos: Animal and the Ram

Sorry about the link, just wanted to share and had no other way!

Re: James Laurinaitis and Animal

That was awesome, thanks for sharing

Comment

Great video. Made me think of my dad. Thanks.
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4324_1458960283388_621[/ATTACH]

Comment

Awesome. Being a huge fan of pro wrestling myself back in the day, I think its really neat to have this kid on our team.

He's not too bad a player either ;)

Comment

James's mom scares me more than him and his dad put together. :roll:
          Last edited by Flippin' Ram; -11-30-2010, 11:48 PM. Reason: typo

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫

Comment

I think James could tackle me with his neck.
            Last edited by BrokenWing; -12-01-2010, 12:45 AM.
            "I've been saving the Universe for over a thousand years. I figure it owes me just this once."

Comment

I love this video. As AV hit on in a previous thread.

It sure is nice to able to like the players on the team you love.

Originally posted by BrokenWing View Post
              I think James could take me with his neck.
              That is probably due to your lack of football IQ. ;)

Comment

lol, indeed.
                "I've been saving the Universe for over a thousand years. I figure it owes me just this once."

Comment

Amazing.video.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Bralidore(RAMMODE)
                    Player Spotlight: James Laurinaitis
                    by Bralidore(RAMMODE)
                    James talks about what he has done and plans to do this offseason and how he feels about the Rams.

YouTube - Player Spotlight: James Laurinaitis-Year 2
                    -07-16-2010, 01:55 AM
                    James Laurinaitis gets a PICK!!
                    by Guest
                    haha heck yeah.. not goin good so far but James just got his first NFL Interception.
                    -08-21-2009, 05:50 PM
                  • Ramblin` Ram
                    Is Laurinaitis the first Lithuanian-American player in the NFL?
                    by Ramblin` Ram
                    im gonna look into it and see if i can find out..tho it could take me a while...
                    so i thought i`d ask on here..

we`ve had lots of European-Americans..too many to mention all of them and weve had a Vietnamese Linebacker in Dallas..

but does anyone know of a Lithuanian-American..that has played in the NFL before J-Lau ?
                    -10-14-2009, 06:37 PM
                  • Nick
                    Rookie Laurinaitis is built Ram-tough
                    by Nick
                    Rookie Laurinaitis is built Ram-tough
                    Posted: August 6th, 2009
                    Steve Wyche

Just got done talking to Rams rookie linebacker James Laurinaitis. What an impressive guy. The second-round pick will eventually start at middle linebacker but right now, he’s working behind veteran Chris Draft.

Laurinaitis definitely looks the part of a middle linebacker. At 6-foot-2 and 244 pounds, he’s the bigger, more physical-type new coach Steve Spagnuolo and GM Billy Devaney wanted when they made over the roster in the offseason.

Laurinaitis, who will call the plays on defense, told me how he took extensive notes after his first minicamp and studied tape in the weeks leading up to OTAs so when he got back, he knew all the calls and audibles. Laurinaitis also said he watched a ton of video of Giants middle linebacker Antonio Pierce, who played in Spagnuolo’s system in New York.

The Rams are making their rookies earn starting jobs but Laurinaitis has put himself on track to be manning the middle in the near future.

– Steve Wyche
                    -08-06-2009, 12:32 PM
                  • MauiRam
                    Laurinaitis more at ease this season ..
                    by MauiRam
                    Second-year linebacker says he's comfortable
                    BY STEVE KORTE - News-Democrat

ST. LOUIS -- St. Louis Rams middle linebacker James Laurinaitis has time to sweat the details a little more in his second season in the NFL.

"It's not going to be such a whirlwind like last year with trying to learn the whole defense," Laurinaitis said. "I know it a lot better, but there is always little details. You can always learn more. What I was learning in defensive strategy last year I can now flip to, 'What is the offense trying to do us?'"

Laurinaitis, a second-round pick in the 2009 NFL Draft out of Ohio State, set a Rams record for most tackles by a rookie with a 144 last season.

He is only the second rookie in team history to lead the Rams in tackles. The other was Pisa Tinoisamoa, with 123 tackles in 2003.

"He's been a great addition," Rams defensive coordinator Ken Flajole said. "My hat's off to Billy (Devaney) and (Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo) on drafting him, and actually getting him where we got him because he's a first-round guy, as far as we're concerned.

"We put a lot of management skills on him. We expect a lot from him. He knows it, and the thing I just love about the guy is that he works at it. He'll be better this year than he was a year ago. We need him to be. He is a pro when it comes to his preparation and attention to detail. Hopefully, he'll have a long and illustrious career here."

Laurinaitis' father, Joe, a former professional wrestler, said his son has always done his homework prior to playing games.

"In high school, he had a three-ring binder almost as thick as the Rams' playbook, and he would evaluate and chart every play that he watched the other team run on film," Joe Laurinaitis said.

Joe Laurinaitis is in St. Louis dog-sitting for his son.

"I have two Rotweilers, and I don't want them to be in the house all the time, so he's letting them out," James Laurinaitis said. "My mom and my sister will come down at a later date."

"All I've been doing is pooper-scooping his lawn for him," Joe Laurinaitis said. "What's wrong with this picture?"

Joe Laurinaitis also has been attending the Rams' training camp practices.

"He loves watching," James Laurinaitis said. "He loves being a dad. If he could get on the sidelines, he'd be right next to coach watching every single thing."

Joe Laurinaitis was training for a tryout with the New Jersey Generals of the USFL when he was given the chance to pursue a professional wrestling career. He would take the stage name of "Animal" and become half of the famous "Road Warriors" tag team.

"At that time, I was already benching over 500 (pounds)...
                    -08-03-2010, 10:00 AM
                  Working...
                  X