Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

O.J. Atogwe is just not one of the league's top safeties ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O.J. Atogwe is just not one of the league's top safeties ...

He's one of the leagues top defensive players, PERIOD. Enough said. He's adapted to this system, and now you see his true value ...

He does it all period, for all angles ...

He is clearly Spags right hand man, he's always talking to O.J. ....

Most impressive, O.J. is always tutoring this team's OFFENSIVE players ....

Incredible man, incredible player ....

We are blessed!

Re: O.J. Atogwe is just not one of the league's top safeties ...

Now all we can hope for is that the Rams either DON'T cut* him this offseason, or at the most, restructure his deal. The last thing we need is to try to replace a great safety as we continue our upward climb.

* For those who don't know, the deal that OJ signed last spring was structured so that it was very much a one year deal which could be voided by the team after this season. Personally, I feel he's very much worth $6 million a year, so they absolutely should either keep the deal or restructure it to be more favorable if they deem it necessary. At least we won't have a HUGE rookie contract to pay out this year!!!!!
    I believe!:ram:

Comment

Originally posted by TekeRam View Post
      Now all we can hope for is that the Rams either DON'T cut* him this offseason, or at the most, restructure his deal. The last thing we need is to try to replace a great safety as we continue our upward climb.

* For those who don't know, the deal that OJ signed last spring was structured so that it was very much a one year deal which could be voided by the team after this season. Personally, I feel he's very much worth $6 million a year, so they absolutely should either keep the deal or restructure it to be more favorable if they deem it necessary. At least we won't have a HUGE rookie contract to pay out this year!!!!!
      I don't see it happening. O.J. seems like a player coach out there ...

Comment

Phew, for a second there I thought I was going to have to question your football IQ ;)

OJ has been a great player for us for several years, proud to have him as a Ram.

Comment

This year he has become something special. I remember years past, all he did was create turnovers. You can see now that he has become a great all around player, improving all aspects of his game, especially the big one, tackling. This guy is the heart and soul of the defense and I expect to see him back there for a long time.

Comment

WOW, I about blew a gasket there. If you all remember I was one of the ones singing this guys praise in preseason and lobbying for him to get top dollar in the league. I was happier than heck when we retained him and even happier when he shinned on the field. Atogwe for pro bowl!

P.S. that ball was not catchable period!

Comment

Originally posted by sosa39rams View Post
              This year he has become something special. I remember years past, all he did was create turnovers. You can see now that he has become a great all around player, improving all aspects of his game, especially the big one, tackling. This guy is the heart and soul of the defense and I expect to see him back there for a long time.
              i totally agree with this...he was one of the few success stories of the Linehan/Haslett era..becoming a turnover machine. but his play against the run left a lot to be desired..under Spags/Flajole/Curtis he has become a complete safety and definately one of the top Safeties in the game now. where as before it was debatable, now it is not.

although i loved him before..i thought due to him being 28 when Spags got his hands on him, that the player we saw prior to that was as good as he could be..too old etc.. to be re-shaped into the complete Safety..but delighted to be proved wrong.
              Last edited by Ramblin` Ram; -12-05-2010, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Spags takes defensive clay and turns it into artful masterpieces.
                "I've been saving the Universe for over a thousand years. I figure it owes me just this once."

Comment

I agree he has emerged as one of the top safeties and we cannot afford to loose him.Why would we not sign a player that knows our defense,has the confidence respect of our team.For what to take a chance with someone else??Why mess with what works sign him this offseason to a long term deal and continue building this D.OJ 4 PRO BOWL!!!!

Comment

Atogwe is just awesome. It seems like every good Rams defensive play involves him. He ballhawks, he blitzes, he forces fumbles, he tackles well... He's just a great overall player. Glad to have him back there.

Comment

He needed to play at a Pro Bowl level to justify his contract after this season, so far I think he has done that. I'm hoping he stays with the Rams for the rest of his career, he's a top NFL safety.

Comment

I too was thrown off by your caption! Glad to see it was a ruse.....Atogwe has been a joy to watch. He is an elite player in this league and we are lucky to have him. I am counting on his presence with Rams for quite sometime.....

Comment

Originally posted by lordwhttgr View Post
                          WOW, I about blew a gasket there. If you all remember I was one of the ones singing this guys praise in preseason and lobbying for him to get top dollar in the league. I was happier than heck when we retained him and even happier when he shinned on the field. Atogwe for pro bowl!

P.S. that ball was not catchable period!
                          Yeah RI got me too .. Ruffled my feathers did he ...

Comment

I think he has been worthy of a pro bowl in the past but he was on a terrible team. OJ may be our most affective blitzer and he is blitzing alot. He is making the lost last line of defense tackles he missed in the past. Interceptions are down, but impact is up.

Comment

without a doubt OJ was and is one of the top safties in the NFL! He should be one of our top priorites in the offseason period!!!

Comment