Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honest fans should not be offended by anything posted here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honest fans should not be offended by anything posted here.

I've noticed some people taking offense at characterizations that have been made regarding certain Rams fans.

My response to that: "To thine own self be true."

We all know what kind of fans we are.

Most of us are diehards. Those who are bandwagon fans know who they are.

Most of us have a positive outlook. Those who revel in negativity know who they are.

Most of us are focused on today. Those who dwell on the past or only want to talk about what might happen next year know who they are.

Most of us, when lucky enough to attend a Rams game, come close to losing out voices cheering the team on. Those who hang out, have a few beers, and then leave early know who they are.

Most of us come to ClanRam to discuss the Rams with fellow fans, those who come to cause trouble, bait people into arguments, or do nothing other than vent know who they are.

So, if you feel that you are being mischaracterized by a generalization (notwithstanding that, in the aggregate, the generalization is true), don't be offended. You may be the exception.

And if you're not... you know who you are.

Re: Honest fans should not be offended by anything posted here.

While I tend to agree with your post I think it's better for everyone if we just move on at this point, thus why I've left that thread and haven't responded to Nick's thread.

Let's just move on to sunday.

Hopefully it's a good sunday. I'm really starting to hate Singletary.
    "I've been saving the Universe for over a thousand years. I figure it owes me just this once."

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenWing View Post
      While I tend to agree with your post I think it's better for everyone if we just move on at this point, thus why I've left that thread and haven't responded to Nick's thread.

Amen brother!!!!!!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Here here!

Personally, I'm at a point on these forums where I can pick what I will or won't enjoy reading pretty easily. My ignore button has been given a workout and I feel like that's the best way to avoid any unpleasantness. Put simply, I don't believe there is any mischaracterisation at hand. It's just characterisation full stop. Posters contribute (if you use the term loosely) to these boards each in a way that is uniquely theirs. The way that I see it, what you post is a reflection on your character at large. Personally, when a poster shows an unwavering commitment to one agenda, ignoring the spirit of debate and vitality that has been the trademark of these forums for as long as I've been a member, then I make it my mission to show unwavering commitment to use the ignore button. I don't think it's as simple as 'Optimism v. Negativity', either. It's the unyielding dedication to one's own opinion that separates debate from debauchery.

In real life, we have the luxury of being able to choose our friends. Sometimes, here, we aren't as lucky. I've just stopped paying attention to the people I wouldn't have time for in life outside of my computer screen.

Brokenwing is right. Onwards and upwards! Here's to a great game this Sunday.

Comment

Hey I take offense to being called a bandwagoner...

Just because the last game I went to was during the GSOT, and that I enjoy a few drinks, and like to save my voice, and only know one player on the team which is Marshall Faulk...

:king:

Comment

Don't you know what country you live in Av? It's America, land of the pampered cry baby, where you're encouraged to wear you emotions on your sleeve and let everyone know about it when you're offended. The days of being a man are out and being a pampered little sissy mary are in. You shouldn't be surprised when people get there widdle feewings hurt.

Actually on a serious note, this site has offended me way too many times, and I'm getting my buddy Al Sharpton to shut this place down!
            Last edited by RamFan_Til_I_Die; -12-23-2010, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
              Don't you know what country you live in Av? It's America, land of the pampered cry baby, where you're encouraged to wear you emotions on your sleeve and let everyone know about it when you're offended. The days of being a man are out and being a pampered little sissy mary are in. You shouldn't be surprised when people get there widdle feewings hurt.

Actually on a serious note, this site has offended me way too many times, and I'm get my buddy Al Sharpton to shut this place down!
              if your buddy is Al Sharpton then being offended on this site is the least of your worries.

Comment

Originally posted by jkramsfan View Post
                if your buddy is Al Sharpton then being offended on this site is the least of your worries.
                LOL But he throws the best parties!

Comment

Starting to? Join the club brother. This guy is super irritating and I have been member since last year

Comment

He earns my disgust mostly because he seems to think good coaches win games by playing shell games with their starting QB.
                    "I've been saving the Universe for over a thousand years. I figure it owes me just this once."

Comment

Who will speak for the dishonest fans?

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaRam View Post
                        Who will speak for the dishonest fans?

He just has that look of honesty in him.

Comment

Originally posted by RockinRam View Post

He just has that look of honesty in him.
                          He looks like he used to be a Klingon, but shaved and had the forehead ridges sanded off. A Klingon without ridges has no honor, so you have made a good selection. Q'plah!

Comment

The geek that I am wishes to point out that in fact for a period of their history Klingons didn't have ridges because of a genetic mutation caused by a virus killing drug. Also because of a genetic mutation caused by lack of funds for special effects and costuming.

Kudos on the last word in your post though. For the record, I don't know Klingon. (Star Trek isn't even my biggest thing.)

Anyway...where were we? Oh yes, repaint the seats!

Comment

What about this shifty eyed fellow?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• AvengerRam_old
                                I wonder... is there an Anti-Bandwagon?
                                by AvengerRam_old
                                It comes as no surprise that a team having success will draw its share of "Bandwagon" fans, who can be defined as fans who jump on board during a successful run but disappear when things get tough.

As an aside, I don't have a major problem with bandwagon fans, provided that they are at least honest about it. For example, I'll readily admit that, as a graduate of the University of Miami's Law School (as opposed to undergraduate college), I am somewhat of a bandwagon fan of he Hurricanes. I tend to get interested in them when they do well, but I don't spend much time worrying about the team when they are having a down year.

I wonder, though... have the Rams developed an Anti-Bandwagon? What I mean by that is, do you think there are fans who are more active and vocal when the team is down (voicing their complaints, critiques and frustrations) who would, paradoxically, become LESS active if the Rams started winning?

If you do think that this phenomenon exists, what do you see as the motivation of the Anti-Bandwagon fans? Is it merely the Cub-Fan-esque notion of supporting the "loveable losers," or is it something else?

Discuss.
                                -01-06-2010, 11:26 AM
                              • AvengerRam_old
                                Brace yourselves, Rams fans... they're coming.
                                by AvengerRam_old
                                As most of you know, we eliminated the "smack boards" at ClanRam years ago, as we prefer to keep the discourse at a higher level.

Nonetheless, from time to time, we've had fans of opposing teams come here and try to get a "smack war" going.

Now that the Rams are improving and winning games against division rivals, I suspect the frequency of these visits will increase. Truth is, when your team is 2-14, most people won't bother to make the effort to register on your site just to talk smack. No fun kicking people when they're down.

Now, however... we're becoming a threat. Opposing fans are sensing what we are sensing...the Rams are on the rise. We already have a tough defense, and with the extra first round picks and cap room we'll have in the next two years, we should be able to fill many of the remaining holes.

The smackers will likely take notice, and try to get their licks in now, before the Rams fully develop.

My advice on how to handle smack talkers... just laugh at them. Its a pretty silly endeavor, if you think about it, to go to someone else's house and tell the residents that everything they like is garbage.

If they get out of hand, your friendly neighborhod mods will lower the boom, so you need not engage these yokels. Just point out how absurd they are and move on (or, if you prefer, use the ever-popular "don't feed the trolls" feature, a/k/a ignore them).

Opposing fans who wish to come here to talk football are always welcome.

Those who come with a purpose to disrupt won't last.
                                -10-05-2012, 03:18 PM
                              • LaRamsFanLongTime
                                Paging Live&letdie
                                by LaRamsFanLongTime
                                I noticed something this morning while I was sitting here. Join date 9,18,06 is it just me or is that the day after the game. You sat back and waited for your team to win till you had the courage to come on here what a pansy. While Okie and scrapie have to put their heads together to make one coherant thought, at least they were here before the game. Your the ultimate troll. I would be suprised to see our Niner fans on here disagreeing with me on this one.
                                -09-19-2006, 10:28 AM
                              • AvengerRam_old
                                Every now and again, I have to make a post like this one...
                                by AvengerRam_old
                                Some people really hate posts of this type, but I think its necessary.

You see, there is a certain type of "fan." The type that is more interested in "being right" than they are in seeing the team succeed.

If you hang around here, or any message board, you'll observe this type of "fan." They're the ones who never seem to be happy or optimistic. They criticize every move. They express low expectations at all times. They chide anyone who dares to express hope.

If called out individually, these "fans" will do one of two things (or both). They will (1) claim to be the true "realists," and/or (2) whine that they are being censored.

Its not censorship. Its merely the reaction that you should expect to receive when you are a total bore. That's what "fans" like this are: bores.

In my book, the only reason to even bother spending time being a fan is to extend hope that this year will be "the year." That's what made 1999 so special to me. I had spent over 20 years believing each season that this was "the year." Sure, there were times that, deep down, I knew I was kidding myself. But then, one year, it all paid off.

As fans, we don't draft or sign the players, devise the gameplans, call the plays, or battle it out on the field. All we can do is try, in our own little way, to be part of that "12th man" that, hopefully, inspires the team to play just that much harder. That's all we can do.

How you do that when you never see anything but doom and gloom is beyond me. If I ever feel that way, I'll find a new hobby.

So, have at it with the "are you talking about me" and "how dare you interfere with my Free Speech" responses.

I've said my peace.
                                -03-06-2009, 07:57 PM
                              • RamsFanSam
                                So, you want to know what's going on.
                                by RamsFanSam
                                Fair enough. I'll give you my thoughts on what is going on in St. Louis.

We're losing. Why?

No leadership. If you have a group of guys who are trained in the use of battle tactics, weapons, survival skills, etc., they are some people you would think could kick some butt, right? They might - until someone else comes along who has comparable skills AND something the first group is missing: LEADERSHIP. Yep, the ragtag group of guys may win some battles, but they will lose the war. (Now I want to watch 'Red Dawn').

No confidence. You can spend 15 years training to do something, collect a big paycheck for doing it, but if you don't believe you can DO the job, you probably won't.

No support from management. Give someone all the tools they will ever need to do a job well, and never give them an "attaboy" when they do the job well. Never rip them a new one when they screw up. Pretty soon, there will be an attitude of 'it doesn't matter'.

No support from fans. Yes, I am blaming YOU. Today, the dome sounded LOUD on the broadcast for most of the first 4 quarters. I don't think there were enough people left in the dome after the 4th started to be heard. Add to that the negative comments so-called fans post in forums, say on radio shows, and the way these 'fans' act, and that's a LOT of negativity to deal with. Now, remember that these players can and do read the posts made here and elsewhere (Yes, I do know that some of the Rams, past and present, do come here to read what you guys write.) and YOU are as responsible for letting the air out of the tires as is anyone else. Every time one of you posts something negative about the team, it reinforces the feeling they are getting from the front office and coaching staff, strips that confidence away from them, and makes it that much harder for a leader to emerge.

To be quite honest, I'm fed up with the inept attempts Linehan has made over the last 3 years. I'm willing to be embarrassed for another 15 weeks as long as we end up with a REAL head coach come next season.

I am just as fed up with half-assed fans who have had nothing to say this year except "___________ sucks. I bet I could do better than that."

My response to you 'fans' is this:

Unless your ass has been out there on the field in the NFL, then you probably don't have a real clue what you are talking about.

Rant over. :mad:
                                -09-14-2008, 08:47 PM
                              Working...
                              X