Rams Promotion Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rams Promotion Ideas

There's been a lot of talk around here about the lack of support for the team in the St. Louis area.

How would you promote the Rams?

Here's a thought:

Last edited by AvengerRam_old; -12-23-2010, 02:18 PM.

Re: Rams Promotion Ideas

Love the poster AV.

I have actually thought about this and here is one of my ideas for next season.

In an effort to create a "dog pound" type atmosphere they need to block off a lower section, close to the tv cameras, and hold a rabid fan contest.

Set a day for fans to parade in front of judges like Kroenke, Jackson, Bernie, etc and have the winners determined by how they dress (paint, horns, etc) and how the act.

Winners are able to buy those season tickets for a reduced price but they are expected to keep it up.

Comment

St. Louis will never be like Greenbay or some of the other really die-hard cities. There is something special about the community and the team in a die-hard town that just doesn't appear because an NFL logo graces the playing field. I lived in Nebraska for awhile and they were utterly insane over the Cornhuskers. Communities like that develop for alot of different reasons.

If the Rams want to expand their fanbase, they need to spend some money on advertising and promotions. It seems like, at least from my perspective, that they expect devotion and ticket sales just because the franchise sports the NFL logo. If they want fanatical devotion, they need to do something on their end too.

Comment

haha classic
        Last edited by KoaKoi; -12-23-2010, 03:42 PM. Reason: apparently, i've got to spread some love around 1st. sry bud

Comment

Originally posted by AvengerRam View Post
          There's been a lot of talk around here about the lack of support for the team in the St. Louis area.

How would you promote the Rams?

Here's a thought:

That is great. I am going to steal your picture.

Comment

That is a great idea!

Originally posted by Rambunctious View Post
            Love the poster AV.

I have actually thought about this and here is one of my ideas for next season.

In an effort to create a "dog pound" type atmosphere they need to block off a lower section, close to the tv cameras, and hold a rabid fan contest.

Set a day for fans to parade in front of judges like Kroenke, Jackson, Bernie, etc and have the winners determined by how they dress (paint, horns, etc) and how the act.

Winners are able to buy those season tickets for a reduced price but they are expected to keep it up.

Comment

I have to take a stab at the two people pictured here, because I really am not sure who they are.

1. Howie Long,,,,,that is too easy. Loved him in the movie Broken Arrow. See him on Fox Sports, Commercials etc.

2. Have no clue....taking a stab though....Joe Laurinaitis? The Road Warrior? Chicago is where he got his start and he is the father of James.

Am I right?
              Last edited by lordwhttgr; -12-24-2010, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Move the Cardinals and Blues out of town...

Comment

Lol, that picture of Howie Long brings back memories. It's from a movie he did in the early 90's I believe, fire "something" not that bad actually. lol.

(Went to imdb, the movie is called Firstorm from 1998. If you like the old 90's action flicks, 'think Van Damne's, Sudden Death' you might want to check this one out.)

Anyways back on topic, before I get accused of trying to derail this thread...

How about we start promoting some of the teams young studs? They can be the new Four Horseman.
                  James Laurnitus, Chris Long, Oshimo Atogwe, Ron Bartell.
                  Last edited by mikhal5569; -12-25-2010, 06:30 AM.

Comment

It would be really nice if the NFL would promote the RAMS (as well as all teams). After all, every team pays the same dues to the NFL.

That aside... The St. Louis RAMS, under previous ownership, only did promotion and marketing with places that would pay them for the advertising. Hopefully Kreonke will changes that attitude.

gap

Comment

We desperately need a winning season and to become a .500 or better team consistently, that would be the best advertising of all.

Comment

I think the Rams should have given me a PSL and season tickets for Christmas on the 50 yard line, lowest level, 1st row. It could be behind the opposing teams' bench since I have been known to taunt a bit. Heck, I even got TO to look at me from the field when he played for Dallas.

Comment

St. Louis Cardinals day. Or, depending on the mood of the fanbase after another year of his tomfoolery, Tony LaRussa effigy burning day.

Comment

Nice work Av. Your slogan is a 100% legit too since Ken Norton Jr. is no longer in the league.

Originally posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
                            We desperately need a winning season and to become a .500 or better team consistently, that would be the best advertising of all.
                            Ding Ding Ding!! Winning is flat out the best promotional tool ever invented.

Originally posted by PeoriaRam View Post
                            St. Louis Cardinals day. Or, depending on the mood of the fanbase after another year of his tomfoolery, Tony LaRussa effigy burning day.
                            You never fail to amuse me Peroria.

Comment

too bad denzel's kid still isn't on the team...

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• r8rh8rmike
                                Bernie: Why Rams Fans Should Buy Tickets
                                by r8rh8rmike
                                Bernie: Why Rams fans should buy tickets

15 minutes ago • By Bernie Miklasz

Rams executive Kevin Demoff is making the sports-radio rounds to remind everyone that tickets are on sale for 2015 home games.

Understandably some will laugh at this, or maybe growl, or perhaps let loose with flying invective. Why support Stan Kroenke? Why support an owner who wants to take his team away from STL, and the fans. Why buy tickets from an owner who doesn't even show customers the basic, minimal respect of communicating with them? It's a terrible situation, and I don't blame anyone for feeling ticked off, alienated, demoralized, etc.

But there are reasons why it makes sense to buy Rams tickets — even if you have to hold your nose while completing the transaction.

And if it's any consolation, I'll be buying tickets to some home games this season. It's your money so do as you please, but this is why I think you should buck up:

1. Because Dave Peacock and Bob Blitz need you to. The STL stadium task force is not only trying to secure funding for a new stadium (and they're close. But Peacock is also serving as an ambassador, working high-level league executives and owners to reinforce the case of why this city deserves to belong in the NFL. And while NFL people understand the severity of the mess that Kroenke has created here, a lot of empty seats won't help the pro-STL marketing effort.

2. Along the same lines, a half-filled venue will only provide easy talking points for the hopelessly lazy, idiotic media narrative that St. Louis is a "baseball town" that doesn't support NFL football. So if you want to feed that moronic perception, then go ahead. You'll be doing EXACTLY what the anti-STL snots want you to do. They win. But if this place is full, or mostly filled, with fans?

Let's see: A dull venue for home games ... a losing team for 11 consecutive seasons...no playoff appearances since 2004 ... second-worst NFL record over the last decade ... an owner trying to build a stadium in Los Angeles to move his franchise and betray his home state ... an owner who goes out of his way to alienate fans and sabotage ticket sales ...

And St. Louis still posts up with good crowds for home games? For what may be a lame-duck franchise?

That will shut up some of the dolts.

3. When you buy tickets, it hurts Kroenke and will tick him off. A filled Edward Jones Dome stadium works against him when he tries to make the case for moving.

4. Unsold tickets will make Kroenke very, very, very happy. It just gives him another chance to go to his fellow owners to say, "See? St. Louis just doesn't like pro football very much." So if you want Enos Stanley Kroenke to smile and fist-bump Demoff, then don't buy Rams tickets. Go on, make Stan's day. He'll appreciate your non-support and...
                                -04-24-2015, 09:24 AM
                              • RamWraith
                                Article on Fan support
                                by RamWraith
                                Ignore the results, just give the Rams your $$
                                By Josh Bacott December 20, 2007
                                Email Link Printer Friendly
                                Don’t blame Steven Jackson.

As much as you wanted to blame him when you read his comments in Bryan Burwell’s Monday column, the Rams running back’s angry rant on the lack of support at Sunday’s game was to be expected. It appeared a little rash and not all that well thought out but, considering the league he plays in and the team that employs him, it was expected nonetheless.

Even if Jackson’s intent was to demonstrate his equal frustration in the team, the front office, the coaches and the fans, his comments hit squarely on only one of those groups. And criticizing the fan support after your team just got pummelled 33-14 to fall to 3-11 overall is not something people tend to react well to. I wasn’t on hand to hear the comments by Jackson so I can’t say for sure if his venom was aimed at the fans that indirectly pay his salary, but the general topic brings to light two larger points:

1.) Attendance at the Dome isn’t as bad as people might have you think
                                Despite the blackouts, that diatribes by team members and the general lack of interest in the team this year, 96% of tickets to Rams home games have been sold this year - That number is better than football powerhouses such as Pittsburgh (95.5%), Indianapolis (95.1%), Chicago (92.8%) and Buffalo (88.7%) amongst others. Those claiming that St. Louis isn’t a football town would also have to argue the same about each of these cities. An average of 62,664 people have come out to watch the Rams go 1-6 at home this season. With performances like that, it’s not a surprise that some of those tickets find their way into the hands of the opposing fans. The people of St. Louis still support this franchise, they’re just waiting for it to become mutual.

2.) The NFL is just like every other entertainment product even though they think they’re not
                                It doesn’t take many upper level business courses to figure out that if a low-quality product is being sold to the public at a high price, sales will eventually suffer. The Rams suck. Let’s just get that out there right now. They play a boring style of football that has produced the second worst record in the league, continuing their ugly free fall into the depths of the NFL. It’s not a shock that fans are beginning to find better ways to spend their money and their Sunday afternoons, nor is it unique to St. Louis. As KC Star columnist Joe Posnanski wrote yesterday, the same thing is happening in Kansas City, by all accounts one of the best football cities in the nation.

Steven Jackson’s attitude is symptomatic of a growing issue within the league. As the NFL has risen to prominence throughout the country, front office folks and league officials have come to assume that fans will continue to come to NFL games in droves regardless of the product on the field....
                                -12-20-2007, 11:28 AM
                              • RamsFanSam
                                Declining Attendance: Not Just the Rams Problem
                                by RamsFanSam
                                Sometimes I wish I could sign into my work intranet from home, just so I could copy and paste info for things like this...

I work for a relatively small helathcare facilty - we have around 800 employees in 2 hospitals, as well as eight clinics and a small sattelite facility. Compared to the other guys in this town, we "ain't squat".

I check out the employee bulletin board every now and then, and a notice that was posted caught my eye:

"2009 NFL Season Tickets. Discount for Hospital Employees."

Of course, I had to look. I wish I didn't.

Inside, there was a copy of an e-mail exchange between our Human Resources Director and some guy in the KC Chiefs front office. Apparently, sales of the not-so-great seat season tickets have fallen flat - flat enough to offer them to people 180 miles away at slightly discounted prices.

This got me to thinking about how there has been a lot of talk about not enough butts in the seats at Rams games. Now, I decided to do a very unscientific survey of the Rams fans I personally know. What I found out is that they fall inot two categories: 1.) They are economically comfortable, but have cut back on the "extras", including travelling to Rams games. or 2.) They are dirt-floor poor, and if they had some assurance that they would have a job come next month, they would gladly spend the cash for tickets.

We all talk about how winning games, or player "X", or (insert idea here) will bring the fans to the games, but in all seriousness, how much of the attendance problem is economically related? I don't live in the St. Louis metro area anymore, so I don't know how things are up there. It's not too bad here, but is still bad enough. I know K.C. has been hit hard.

OK, there it is - a thought to start a discussion. Now run with it.
                                -06-04-2009, 04:46 PM
                              • RamWraith
                                St. Louis Rams fans better not take team for granted
                                by RamWraith
                                By Michael Reilly
                                ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH

Did St. Louis learn any lessons from losing the football Cardinals? It's hard not to wonder after seeing so many empty seats at the Rams' final two home games.

When the Cardinals left after the 1987 season, St. Louis was rather proud of itself. Frank Deford praised our town in Sports Illustrated for sending such a loser packing. "Good riddance" was the attitude, and no wonder. As any football fan here can tell you, the Big Red never hosted a playoff game.

But after a couple of years, reality set in. We had no NFL team. We missed it. And we paid exorbitantly to get the Rams after losing out to Carolina and Jacksonville in the expansion sweepstakes.

Now only the Detroit Lions are keeping the Rams from being the worst team in the NFL, and some fans are telling Chip Rosenbloom to take his team elsewhere.

There's plenty wrong with this picture, and with the idea that the Rams are the Big Red all over again. For starters, look at the obvious: The Rams won a Super Bowl. In 14 seasons here, the Rams have been to the playoffs five times and brought five playoff games to St. Louis.

The rap on the Cardinals was that Bill Bidwill was too cheap to win. Say what you will about the Rams, but cheap they aren't. If they've squandered millions of dollars on players who didn't produce, at least they've tried. They sign their draft picks in a timely manner, they have few holdouts, and they try to fill their needs through free agency, if seldom wisely in recent years.

It's one thing to withhold support from a team that doesn't care if it wins. It's another to turn your back on a team that has given this city more thrills than the Big Red ever did.

Yes, the Rams are terrible. The front office has been incompetent. But it's still NFL football, and if you're a fan of the game, there's plenty of entertainment to be had. If St. Louis doesn't want the Rams, some other city would love to have them.

Sure, the NFL probably is alone in expecting fans to show up no matter how bad a team is. It has the most popular product in U.S. sports, and that's the price of having a team. There's an arrogance about it and if you don't like it, fine, but that's the reality.

Isaac Bruce had it right last Sunday when he expressed his disappointment at the empty seats in St. Louis and pointed out that the Kansas City Chiefs are awful, too, but their fans still turn out. In a smaller market — and bigger stadium — the Chiefs are averaging 14,000 fans more than the Rams despite having an identical record.

The same goes for Pittsburgh, Green Bay, New York, Washington and lots of other places. They have had lousy teams at times, but their games aren't blacked out on local television.

The Rams haven't been here very long, really, not the generations it took...
                                -12-29-2008, 04:28 AM
                              • MauiRam
                                Rams’ Front Office Doing It the Right Way/Karraker
                                by MauiRam
                                By Randy Karraker on May 10th, 2013

As the Rams continue to emerge from the debris of a five-year run that saw them go 15-65, at least one aspect of their organization has been trending upward for well over a year. Since his arrival in January of 2009, Kevin Demoff has spearheaded an organizational relationship with the fans and community that places them among the elite in sports.

The Rams’ community relations efforts have almost always been strong since the franchise arrived in St. Louis. Players like my partner, D’Marco Farr, and his teammates Kevin Carter, Sean Landeta, Mike Jones and Kurt Warner did wonderful work by going to schools and helping out with charitable events during their careers.

But the new Rams, since Demoff’s arrival, have taken it to a new level. Not only are players and coaches heavily involved in St. Louis, but the entire organization is. Since June of 2009, the entire Rams office has taken off a day each month for volunteer work. Whether it’s with non-profit groups, women’s shelters, helping out in Joplin after the tornado there or building playgrounds in the St. Louis area, there’s something each month for which Rams employees volunteer.

Beyond their work in the community, the Rams under Demoff have made huge strides to engage their season-ticket holders. For the second year in a row, the Rams held a pre-draft event with general manager Les Snead and coach Jeff Fisher in which a picture of how the draft might unfold is painted. Season-ticket holders with the ability to read between the lines have been able to figure out which players the Rams will be interested in. The free event was booked solid in less than 24 hours. Jake Bye, the Rams’ vice president of ticket sales and premium seating, recently told Ad Age magazine that “the shift to a ‘relationship-based marketing approach,’ is paying dividends.” Despite a losing record on the field, the Rams are renewing 90 percent of season-ticket holders.

The Rams are the only team in the NFL to hold such a pre-draft event, let alone on the night before the draft. That event is a great bonus to fans. But so was the salary cap seminar Demoff held before free agency got started and the in-season lunches he holds for fans. Demoff takes time to have fans join him for informational happy hours, and he visits numerous tailgate parties before each game. He holds sessions for fans about 20 times a year, which is remarkable in this day and age. How many team presidents are taking the time to meet with customers that regularly? As a season-ticket holder, I can tell you that the one-on-one interaction between team and customer is unlike any I’ve seen.

When the Rams came here, especially with most seats sold through PSLs, there wasn’t a need to market the team, or really interact with fans. The tickets were basically already sold. According to Bye, that’s all changed now – not just in St. Louis,...
                                -05-11-2013, 03:33 PM
                              Working...
                              X