Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you feel about the Pats losing right before playing the Rams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you feel about the Pats losing right before playing the Rams?

What will the impact be?
    Its a bad thing. The streak would have provided extra motivation.
    35.71%
    Its a good thing. The Pats have lost their aura of invincibility.
    35.71%
    Its irrelevant. Revenge for the Super Bowl loss is what matters.
    28.57%

Re: How do you feel about the Pats losing right before playing the Rams?

I don't know if the loss is important, but the cost they paid in injuries during that loss could be quite significant.
    The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

I think we all wanted the streak to make it to us so we could be the one's to take it down, but it's still always tough to play in STL, so they better come prepared.....

they usually do.

Comment

It shouldn't matter.....but this should:

Comment

What is with this "Vote or Die" slogan? That sounds like something that they say in 3rd World countries holding their first election after decades of civil war.

Comment

There was a slogan?

:redface:

Comment

Oh... so when you said "this should" you really meant to say "these should." :redface:

Comment

The Pats are tough, but the Rams should be foaming at the mouth with the possibilty of facing the Patriots without their two starting corners.

It's hard for Ty Law to violate the rules while he's on the bench.

Comment

I think it hurts us. With the record still intact, or with the record broken a while ago, it wouldn't have mattered at all. But, since we get them the very next game, I think they will be pissed and wanting to get revenge on their next opponents. That just happens to be the Rams. The injuries help, but I think we could take them any ways.

Just depends which Rams team shows up Sunday... Come on Coach, get the ready...
                  This space for rent...

Comment

yea, just like the Seahawks. Just remember they went into a 3 game tailspin

Comment

I would have loved to have seen our RAMS break their winning streak ourselves, that would have been a small taste of sweet revenge, but to keep that losing streak for the Pats going will add even more to it.........Let's GOOOOOOO RAMSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! We need the whole team to step up to the plate and play some SMASH football and play it the WHOLE 60 minutes!!!! :ramlogo: :ramlogo: :ramlogo:

Comment

It doesn't make me any more confident. A team like New England isn't affected by a loss, they'll reload and be ready on Sunday. If anything, the injuries might cause them some concern, although they have always been able to stay competitive despite losing key players. If the Rams bring their A Game on both sides of the ball, I like our chances.

Comment

I am happy that the Steelers beat them. It brings them down to a normal team than can be beat. Not easily mind you. I hope the Rams are preparing for this game in a serious way. The Miami loss should be a good motivator.
                          sigpic

Comment

You know what I'm foaming at the mouth on this game.....without their two top corners, Bruce and Holt should get their yards, but to me I want to see Jackson and Faulk pound the ball, Pitsburgh had huge sucess sunday, what was it 221 yards total rushing!!!!! hhhmmmm.... Martz do the same!!!!

steve :ramlogo:
                            "The breakfast Club":helmet:

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• mxbrian
                              Don't overlook the Pats !
                              by mxbrian
                              Now is not the time to relax. Ask Mike Martz who he thinks the toughest team was in the regular season that the Rams faced, he'll say the Patriots. He's been quoted several times saying that the Pats game was the toughest of the year.

Ask Bill Cower what he thinks of the Patriots.

The Rams are clear favorites in SBXXXVI as they should be but I think the Patriots pose some serious problems for the Rams that should be considered:

Troy Brown, underrated, very confident, scares me on special teams.

Antwoin Smith, underrated, runs north and south very well, can be punishing.

Defensive Scheme, always a surprise with the Pats.

The Rams will win this game, but I just hope they don't overlook the importance of this game in the history of the modern NFL.

To do what they might do on Sunday will be nothing short of remarkable considering the modern NFL and salary cap/parity.

I actually heard Tom Jackson say the word DYNASTY last night. That is what we are looking at if the Rams win on Sunday.

One last comment, why in the world would you throw the ball in the direction of Aneas Williams? Oops !!!

Great game all the way around. Turnover ratio in the playoffs, Rams have 10 takeaways and 1 interception. How's that for a turnaround?

GO RAMS !!!!:ram: :ram: :ram:
                              -01-28-2002, 11:57 AM
                            • HUbison
                              Another reason to hate the Pats' P.R. machine
                              by HUbison
                              Have you guys noticed the difference (other than the outcome) between SB 36 & SB 42?

When the 11-5 Pats beat the 14-2 Rams, it was the...........GREATEST UPSET IN THE HISTORY OF FOOTBALL!!!

But when the 10-6 Giants beat the 16-0 Pats, it was the...........hey, when's the draft?

What the flip?!??! Where's all the GUITHOF talk?
                              -05-28-2008, 03:55 PM
                            • JFMose
                              How we do against the Pats this week will determine...
                              by JFMose
                              ...how well we'll do this season.

I mean looking at the schedule, it's the hardest game we got left. Now we've already beaten a team that got off an impressive win (redskins) and it was also away like the upcoming Pats game. So I believe we have a chance at winning. If we can pull off a victory, then it will give us a huge boost of confidence the rest of the season. If we lose, then there goes all the momentum we just had.

We need the victory before playing the cardinals, which is a huge divisional game for us. We already know that they're the only contenders in our division
                              -10-20-2008, 11:27 PM
                            • RamWraith
                              really lost interest
                              by RamWraith
                              Anyone else finding themselves doing other things the last couple of weeks during football games, segments and highlights? I really have found myself just completely disinterested in the game right now. I REALLY could care less about the Pats and Eagles. There is no glamour in this year game, it is what everyone predicted.

I think things would be better in Indy, Atlanta, Pitt or anyone but these 2 teams.

...maybe it's just me :disappoin
                              -01-25-2005, 03:28 PM
                            • Aussie Dave
                              SB 36 ten years on, a tale of two teams
                              by Aussie Dave
                              i was just thinking about superbowl 36 being 10 years ago and how differently things have gone for the Rams and Patriots since.. :|

i thought i'd look up some stats but they were so depressing i just had to share.
                              note: this is not intended to annoy anyone, i despise the pats and im just stunned at the differences.

since superbowl 36:

rams have 56 regular season wins, avg of 5.6:o
                              pats have 123, avg of 12.3!

Pats have 4 superbowl appearances to the Rams 0

Rams won 1 division title, Pats have won 8

talk about stability.. Pats have had Belicheat and Brady the whole time while we've had 5 head coaches (incl. interim and not counting fisher) and a few qb's.

when you look at the stats in black and white, i think it shows how much love and dedication we have to our Rams considering what we've been through.
                              also the fans going to games in STL, 5.6 wins a year avg for the last decade? i think they deserve to keep the team there!
                              i've always said if you stay true through the hard times, it will be all the more rewarding when the good times come... and they will :ram:
                              -01-23-2012, 02:43 AM
                            Working...
                            X