Goodby for a little while

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodby for a little while

I just wanted to stop in and say what a great game the team played yesterday. Trung really raised some eye brows with his performance. I don't think anyone would have expected that!

I hope to be back on in a couple of weeks or so. I am moving and will be out of commision for a while. I'll try to check in periodically when I can get to a computer. I'll be watching every game though! Later gang!

Take care...

Chop, you're taking a bye-week along with the Rams. Nice. Surely you will NOT miss this Sunday's Aints game, no matter where you are! Right?

Take care. I hope all goes well for you just as for the Rams. No jinx here to worry about that one!

GO RAMS!!!

Comment

Good luck with the move, porkchop. It's a lot of work, I know. Come see us anytime, we'll be right here.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• AvengerRam_old
        When all else fails, lower your standards.
        by AvengerRam_old
        I'm through being disappointed with this team. From this point on, I have no expectations for the Rams this year. I can no longer be disappointed. The team will either meet my expectations or I will be pleasantly surprised.

You buying this?

Not sure if I am. That nagging little voice that says "don't give up hope - the Rams can still make the playoffs!" can still be heard. The voice is faint, and its tone far less confident, but its still there, isn't it?

NO! I will not allow this team to break my heart again! I will not give in to the temptation of false hope! I will resign myself to the fact that the best thing you can say about this team is that it has a group of players who, with the right free agent additions and draft choices, might form the core of a future playoff team.

I will let go of this season... my heart will grow cold. I will no longer care.

Um... what time is the game on Sunday?
        -11-14-2006, 07:43 AM
      • RamWraith
        Player Quotes
        by RamWraith
        Wednesday, September 1, 2004

QB Marc Bulger

(On the final preseason game)
        “You don’t want to say you want to get it over with. I just think we are more anxious to get the regular season started and start making the games count. It’s just a lot more incentive for the practice, and I think we’re ready to go.”

(On injuries during preseason games)
        “I think before and after (the games) you think about (injuries) a lot. But during the game you can’t think about that. It’s something that weighs on your mind, but hopefully we’ll come out of it injury-free.”

(On if he feels like he needs to get a lot of work against the Raiders)
        “It’s always the coach’s call. If he thinks I need more work, I’ll do it. But typically the starters don’t play too much.”

(On if he is close to where he wants to be heading into the regular season)
        “I think we all are. If we needed to play a regular season game this week, we could. You try not to have a different mindset for a preseason game, but there is more of a sense of urgency in the regular season.”

(On what part of his game he wants to improve on)
        “Everything. I’m always trying to get better, although it might not look like it all the time. I have a lot to learn. I’ll make mistakes throughout the year. I have to keep getting better, and if I can cut down on my mistakes and keep moving forward, I’ll be fine.”

(On if the offense is where it needs to be)
        “We have a little ways to go. Last week was a good example of what we can do when we are running on all cylinders. If we can avoid the peaks and valleys, and keep moving forward we’ll get to that point. We are not there yet, but we are working on getting there.”

(On getting momentum going into the regular season)
        “Last week was definitely a different feeling coming to practice (after a win). You just have that momentum. A win would be nice (vs. Oakland), but it’s not the end of the world if we don’t. For the younger guys, and even for us older guys, it’s nice to have that feeling going into the regular season.”

(On if the offense can be better than last year)
        “Sure, it’s just another year. Steven (Jackson) hasn’t had a lot of experience in this offense, but with Shaun (McDonald) and Kevin (Curtis) having another year (of experience), and even with Dane (Looker) and Mike (Furrey), they’ve been in (the offense) only one or two years. That experience helps in a complex offense like this, and with this line getting to work together every week is helping too.”

(On T Orlando Pace)
        “We’ve pretty much taken the wait and see approach. It’s Orlando’s business. I know he’ll be here next week, and we fully expect him to be Orlando. We don’t have to worry about him too much. I think he’ll be in good shape, and as long as he’s here next Monday we’ll be fine. He’s worked with this...
        -09-01-2004, 03:27 PM
      • RamWraith
        Coach Scott Linehan / players September 4
        by RamWraith
        Head Coach Scott Linehan

September 4, 2008

(Opening remarks)

“Again we will release the practice stuff as soon as we can and go from there. Really no changing from yesterday, maybe (Brett) Romberg will be on there as far as full participation. I don’t know if he missed a period but he is ready to go. Everybody else is status quo.”

(On practicing inside today)

“We needed to use some noise so we were probably going to do it anyway so we could work down the road with stadium noise. It is a lot better inside to do that. We are ready to roll.”

(On if Steven Jackson is ready to go)

“Yeah I think so. He will play a lot. I don’t know how many snaps, we don’t have a number but the other guys will play a little bit. I don’t know how much that is either at this point. We have been preparing a significant amount of plays from Steven.”

(On how he feels about this team, this year compared to last year)

“I don’t know if that would be a fair assignment. Certainly every year is different. Certainly every year you have high hopes going into the season and every year is different. Really I don’t have any comparison from last year to this year. The way I look at it, we are in Philly week and getting ready for our road opener and then we will worry about everything else after this weekend.”

(On if he is ready to finally play a game)

“Yeah I think everybody is chomping at the bit. You could feel the energy on the team and like I said there is probably 31 other teams feeling the same way about their opening game. We have come along way from OTAs to going on the road for training camp. To playing four preseason games and we have gone through a lot of roster changes and things like that. We are here and it feels like it is time to go.”

(On practice tomorrow)

“It is real similar to what we have done in the past. You really work a lot of situational football, we really have to work on getting timing on certain plays both offense and defense and also special teams and try to get ourselves a few more snaps on things we need to look at.”

“We do a walk through and practice tomorrow and then we do a walk through on Saturday before we leave. Then we fly to Philadelphia. “

(On how he feels about Fakhir Brown)

“He was out here and took every rep that we had scripted for him so I feel the same way today.”

(On how he feels about Oshimogoho Atogwe)

“Everybody looks good. I really feel the health of our team is a real bright spot right now.”

(On how CB Fakhir Brown will react to contact)

“You can’t replace the time lost as far as knowing...
        -09-04-2008, 02:17 PM
      • Bar-bq
        Next Season
        by Bar-bq
        I'm sorry, but those of you who have begun posting about the merits of "next season" have disheartened me. Really, who are you? We have fifteen weeks of football left to play, and you'd best be damn sure that win, lose or worse, I'll be hoping for the best for my team.

It was far from a promising start.

No pass blocking.
        No run blocking.
        No Leonard Little and Orlando Pace went down hard.
        No effort players.

You've heard it all before.

On top of that, every first day pick from 2000-2004 is no longer with the team. Alston, Byrd, Wroten. Gone Gone Gone. Hill- still showing little development. Leonard- Looks like a luxury. Klop- Will be lucky to see much of the field.

Bad drafting equates to poor on-field success. There's no two ways about that.

But "next season"? come on! Tell me you don't bleed blue and gold. Tell me you didn't love every minute of the 1999 season. Tell me you didn't just jump upon the bandwagon for the good times.

You more than have the right to criticize. Be critical of anything you want. But to simply bypass the merits and demerits of an entire season in anticipation of greener pastures is absurdity. I guarantee you, without withstanding this season, without drawing and learning all we can from this season, next season will inevitably promulgate a return to the drawing board. again. The time is nigh to learn from what we've done wrong today. To correct what we can and struggle on with what we can't...until we can.

All the optimism has vanished. What it breeds is an atmosphere of losing. Players don't want to play for a losing franchise with no legitmiate backing behind them. The fans, after all, are willing to cast them aside after one game. Yes, there's a lack of effort. But we're not beyond hope. We're one game into the season. What point there is labeling yourself a "fan" of a franchise when you're willing simply to overlook the potential for success...for learning- for betterment THIS season?

There are fifteen games to go, and it is my opinion that we will win all fifteen of um (toot toot et al). And if we lose, it will be the next fourteen. Down to one. Because this dedication impels the opportunity to learn. To have the capacity to look forward to next week in light of the myriad of possibilities for success.

I most certainly do.
        -09-08-2008, 01:07 AM
      • RamWraith
        Lots of Player Quotes
        by RamWraith
        S Oshiomogho Atogwe

April 3, 2009

(On being designated as the Rams franchise player)

I think everything is a good thing. It’s a blessing to come out here and play. And to be thought of as one of the top five at my position is an honor. I relish this.

(On why he attended minicamp if he has not signed his franchise tender)

“I don’t have to be (here) contractually, but I feel like I’m obligated to be here for my teammates and for my coaches. Going forward in this year, if I want to be a part of this team I want to be a part of this team from the beginning to the end and I think it’s important that we all put aside our own personal stuff and just really sacrifice for the team. Put the team first and allow us to come together as one unit so we can get a lot done this year.”

(On his early impressions of Head Coach Steve Spagnuolo and the coaching staff)

“I’m enjoying them right now. It’s our first minicamp so it’s kind of the grace period where you kind of learn how they’re coaching and they learn how we work. From a first impression standpoint, I think it’s going to be a great marriage. It’s going to be a great community that we’re building here. I think the coaches are really pulling for us and really trying to teach us in a manner that’s going to allow us to be successful on the field and we’re trying to work in a way that’s going to allow us to be successful on the field.”

(On why he decided to attend camp besides his loyalty to his teammates)

“As a player, you’re really only guaranteed your next play or the play that you’re in or the year that get. So I have this year. Going forth, I don’t know what’s going to happen after this year, I don’t know what’s going to happen after this day so I’m blessed just to be able to say, ‘OK, I get another year to play. Let me focus on that one year that I’m in and then after that we’ll worry about that.’ For today I’m worry about today.”

(On if he has talked with S James Butler and started to meld as a tandem)

“Yeah, definitely. Me and James, our communication and just our rapport is already on high just from us being together for the last three weeks. And knowing James since we both came out in the ’05 Draft, we already have that camaraderie. I think as I continue to learn the defense, he’s a lot further ahead in the defense than I am, as I become a lot more comfortable in the defense and we’re on the same page as far as what we know, it will just take off from there.”

(On if he likes the new defensive scheme)

“I definitely enjoy the scheme. Right now it seems like a very aggressive defense where it has the defense really attacking the offense and not so much sitting on the heels. We played an aggressive style of defense again...
        -04-05-2009, 08:56 AM
      Working...
      X