No announcement yet.

Football Humor

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Football Humor

    A little football humor to start off the weekend.

    Associated Press Writer

    October 25, 2001, 8:16 AM EDT
    FAYETTEVILLE, AR (AP)- Football practice was delayed on Wednesday for nearly
    two hours at the University of Arkansas.
    One of the players, while on his way to the locker room happened to look
    down and notice a suspicious looking, unknown white powdery substance on the
    practice field. Coach Houston Nutt immediately suspended practice while the
    FBI was called in to investigate.
    After a complete field analysis, the FBI determined that the white substance
    unknown to the UofA players was the goal line.
    Practice was resumed when the FBI decided that the team would not be likely
    to encounter the substance again.

    Copyright (c) 2001, The Associated Press

  • #2
    However, they found the endzone so far in the first half against Auburn.


    Related Topics


    • DJRamFan
      Coleman breaks foot in Clemson practice
      by DJRamFan
      Aug. 10, 2004 wire reports

      CLEMSON, S.C. -- Clemson running back Duane Coleman broke his foot during practice Tuesday and won't be able to play for six to eight weeks.

      Last season, Coleman led the Tigers with 615 yards rushing. He also caught 34 passes for 309 yards.

      "With his loss we will have to evaluate what we are going to do offensively, especially on third down," coach Tommy Bowden said. "He can do things that our other backs can't."

      The injury came when Coleman was tackled during a one-on-one drill on the first day of full-contact practice, Bowden said.

      AP NEWS
      The Associated Press News Service

      Copyright 2004, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved
      -08-11-2004, 11:01 AM
    • DJRamFan
      Tennessee likely without freshman QBs for Cotton Bowl
      by DJRamFan
      Dec. 27, 2004 wire reports

      IRVING, Texas -- Both of Tennessee's freshman quarterbacks may be out for the Cotton Bowl.


      Junior Rick Clausen will start as planned in Saturday's game against Texas A&M (7-4).

      The Vols (9-3) had hoped freshman Brent Schaeffer would be able to play some after returning for the first time since breaking his collarbone Oct. 30 at South Carolina.

      But Schaeffer has been unable to practice in Texas because of with flu-like symptoms.

      Coach Phillip Fulmer said on Monday that Schaeffer was "day-to-day," and hoped he would practice Tuesday.

      "Outside (Tuesday) it's going to be very difficult for him to be able to play. I'm hopeful to get him back. If we get him back (Tuesday) or maybe even Wednesday and Thursday if (he) can practice, he might be able to help us," Fulmer said. "But it's almost beyond the point now where he can't get enough work to get it done. It's unfortunate."

      Schaeffer was able to practice in Knoxville, Tenn., before the players went home for Christmas. Tennessee began practice here on Sunday.

      The Vols' other freshman QB -- Erik Ainge -- hasn't played since separating his shoulder against Notre Dame on Nov. 6. He will not play in the Cotton Bowl, Fulmer said.

      Clausen has started the last three games in place of the freshmen.

      AP NEWS
      The Associated Press News Service

      Copyright 2004, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved
      -12-28-2004, 09:48 AM
    • DJRamFan
      Barnett to go before grand jury probing Colorado scandal
      by DJRamFan
      July 30, 2004 wire reports

      DENVER -- Colorado football coach Gary Barnett was called Friday to appear before a grand jury investigating his program's recruiting practices.


      Barnett did not immediately go before the panel. He wouldn't comment to reporters.

      He was suspended in February for comments he made about two women who accused football players of rape, then was reinstated in May after an investigative panel concluded he shouldn't be fired.

      The grand jury investigation is the first indication criminal charges could be filed in a scandal that led to sweeping changes in the football recruiting program and a scathing review of university leadership.

      At the governor's request, Attorney General Ken Salazar's office has been investigating. Salazar already decided against filing assault charges on allegations involving nine women dating to 1997, citing concerns about the evidence and the reluctance of the women to go forward with the cases.

      The grand jury has heard from players, director of football operations David Hansburg, campus police and others since May. Legal experts have said they think investigators are trying to figure out whether university funds were misused, among other things.

      Salazar's office has declined to comment.

      AP NEWS
      The Associated Press News Service

      Copyright 2004, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved
      -08-02-2004, 03:23 PM
    • DJRamFan
      Six Game**** players charged with theft after bowl snub
      by DJRamFan
      Jan. 20, 2005 wire reports

      COLUMBIA, S.C. -- Six current and former South Carolina football players were charged Thursday with stealing $18,000 worth of equipment from Williams-Brice Stadium last November.


      The university said laptop computers, video equipment and framed photographs were stolen from the South Carolina locker room area Nov. 22, shortly after the Game****s were told they would not go to a bowl as punishment for an on-field brawl with Clemson.

      "Regrettably, a few of our student-athletes made a very poor decision during the course of a frustrating situation, and they must now face the consequences," athletic director Mike McGee said.

      Offensive lineman Woody Telfort was charged with grand larceny, a felony. He was accused of stealing more than $1,000 in equipment.

      Quarterbacks Syvelle Newton and Dondrial Pinkins have been charged with petit larceny, a misdemeanor, along with defensive lineman Freddy Saint-Preux and former safety Rodriques Wilson.

      A warrant is pending for a sixth player the school did not identify.

      Telephone calls placed to four of the players were not answered; one player was not listed. They were expected to be arraigned in Richland County bond court Thursday evening.

      New coach Steve Spurrier said he will support the decisions of campus police and prosecutors as the case moves forward.

      "Hopefully we'll never have a situation like this happen again," Spurrier said.

      AP NEWS
      The Associated Press News Service

      Copyright 2004-2005, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved
      -01-21-2005, 02:31 PM
    • DJRamFan
      Medical examiner says meningitis killed Missouri player
      by DJRamFan
      Aug. 23, 2005
      CBS wire reports

      COLUMBIA, Mo. -- The family of a Missouri football player who collapsed following a workout last month filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the school Tuesday, the same day medical examiners said Aaron O'Neal died of viral meningitis.

      Swelling in the 19-year-old's brain subsequently affected his heart and caused him to lose his ability to properly breathe, Boone County Medical Examiner Valerie Rao said. Toxicology tests ruled out steroids, performance supplements, alcohol and other drugs as contributing factors.

      "The manner of death is natural," Rao said a news conference.

      She told O'Neal's family and the Tigers football team about her findings Monday.

      But while the cause of death was not directly related to an on-field injury or a training regimen, the autopsy results still don't resolve questions about O'Neal's care, said St. Louis attorney Bob Blitz, who is representing O'Neal's father in a lawsuit filed in Boone County Circuit Court.

      The suit names 14 university athletic officials, including athletic director Mike Alden and coach Gary Pinkel, the head trainer and head strength and conditioning coach.

      "When you have viral meningitis, these symptoms start showing before," he said. "Nobody really dies from viral meningitis unless you have symptoms."

      In a statement, the attorney said the legal action was a result of "preposterous denial by University of Missouri officials of any responsibility for Aaron's demise."

      O'Neal, a backup middle linebacker who was 6-foot-3 and weighed 220 pounds, started to struggle during conditioning drills about 45 minutes into the July 12 session, during which players wore shorts, T-shirts and football cleats but no helmets or pads. As required by NCAA rules, head coach Gary Pinkel and his assistants did not attend the sessions, which are billed as voluntary.

      He slumped to the ground after the final drill and was helped off the field by a teammate. He was pronounced dead at University Hospital at 4:05 p.m., or just over 90 minutes after the workout ended.

      Rao's autopsy report, which included the results of interviews with 11 players, eight conditioning coaches and three trainers present at the July 12 workout, also raises questions about the moments leading up to O'Neal's death.

      O'Neal repeatedly lost his balance during a stretching exercise and told a player and a conditioning coach, both unnamed by Rao, that "he could not see and his vision was blurred."

      Once O'Neal was on the ground after the final drill, a trainer who examined him concluded that "there was nothing that could be done," Rao wrote.

      In the team locker room after the workout, O'Neal's...
      -08-24-2005, 07:05 PM