Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green

Anyone else hear the announcers riping Green apart on KFNS the other night as the game was drawing to a close? I didn't get to see the game or any highlights, but I guess Green made some bad passes then started jumping and showing up a receiver after a play was over. They even compared him to Garbec (? spelling).

Green made so bad throws but it was where they were at that got the KC fans I work with upset. They liken him to Grbac as throwing ints in the red zone.Green blew the game trying to make a play.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RamWraith
      Green's Motor Back in High Gear
      by RamWraith
      By Nick Wagoner
      Senior Writer

It would be easy for anyone to dismiss Brandon Green off into the pile of “high motor” guys. You know, the kind of guys who plays hard, but really doesn’t have much in the way of discernible skills or athleticism.

Green certainly falls into the category of high motor, but it’s the way he fuels his engine that makes his story one of perseverance and persistence. Green was diagnosed with diabetes when he was 10, throwing a serious wrench into his plans to be a professional football player.

Yet, here Green is, diabetes and all, playing defensive end for the Rams. At 6-feet-3, 264 pounds, Green is smaller than most defensive ends so he is forced to get by on effort. Even Coach Mike Martz was ready to brand Green with the now dreaded high motor category, but after seeing Green’s performance early in camp, realized there is more to Green than just effort.

“When we brought Brandon in, we felt like that was the type of guy we were getting, but I think he is probably a little more athletic than what we anticipated,” Martz said. “In discussions on him as a staff, we have all been very pleased so far.”

The fact that any coaching staff has a chance to be impressed with Green is amazing in itself. After learning that he was diabetic, Green was forced to begin finding ways to continue playing sports, but keep his blood sugar level at a reasonable and healthy level.

Playing football at Industrial High in Vanderbilt, Texas, Green was a four-year starter, playing defensive end and tight end. Pulling double duty took a serious toll on Green, making it difficult for him to find time to recuperate and control his diabetes.

In the years following the diagnosis, Green spent time experimenting with a variety of things to control his blood sugar level.

“High school was a bit different because I never came off the field,” Green said. “It’s easier when you are just on defense and you come off the field and take a blood sugar test. You can get ready for the next series. I would say in college is when I started to hone in on it and realize how important it is not just for during the game, but the night before and a couple nights before because your body recovers so much better when you have good blood sugars. That really helped my performance.”

Before Green headed off to Rice University, he led Industrial High to a 41-5 record and three district titles. Once he joined up with the Owls, Green started to find the best ways to keep his body fueled up.

While there were plenty of medical advancements being made that could help Green, he had by then embraced a certain way of handling his diabetes. Those solutions included a steady diet of syringes, Gatorade and granola. On his down time, Green took the opportunity to learn his beloved country music on the guitar. The sounds of George Strait, Charlie...
      -08-04-2005, 06:04 PM
    • Curly Horns
      Green's Motor Back in High Gear
      by Curly Horns
      Wednesday, August 3, 2005

By Nick Wagoner
      Senior Writer

It would be easy for anyone to dismiss Brandon Green off into the pile of “high motor” guys. You know, the kind of guys who plays hard, but really doesn’t have much in the way of discernible skills or athleticism.

Green certainly falls into the category of high motor, but it’s the way he fuels his engine that makes his story one of perseverance and persistence. Green was diagnosed with diabetes when he was 10, throwing a serious wrench into his plans to be a professional football player.

Yet, here Green is, diabetes and all, playing defensive end for the Rams. At 6-feet-3, 264 pounds, Green is smaller than most defensive ends so he is forced to get by on effort. Even Coach Mike Martz was ready to brand Green with the now dreaded high motor category, but after seeing Green’s performance early in camp, realized there is more to Green than just effort.

“When we brought Brandon in, we felt like that was the type of guy we were getting, but I think he is probably a little more athletic than what we anticipated,” Martz said. “In discussions on him as a staff, we have all been very pleased so far.”

The fact that any coaching staff has a chance to be impressed with Green is amazing in itself. After learning that he was diabetic, Green was forced to begin finding ways to continue playing sports, but keep his blood sugar level at a reasonable and healthy level.

Playing football at Industrial High in Vanderbilt, Texas, Green was a four-year starter, playing defensive end and tight end. Pulling double duty took a serious toll on Green, making it difficult for him to find time to recuperate and control his diabetes.

In the years following the diagnosis, Green spent time experimenting with a variety of things to control his blood sugar level.

“High school was a bit different because I never came off the field,” Green said. “It’s easier when you are just on defense and you come off the field and take a blood sugar test. You can get ready for the next series. I would say in college is when I started to hone in on it and realize how important it is not just for during the game, but the night before and a couple nights before because your body recovers so much better when you have good blood sugars. That really helped my performance.”

Before Green headed off to Rice University, he led Industrial High to a 41-5 record and three district titles. Once he joined up with the Owls, Green started to find the best ways to keep his body fueled up.

While there were plenty of medical advancements being made that could help Green, he had by then embraced a certain way of handling his diabetes. Those solutions included a steady diet of syringes, Gatorade and granola. On his down time, Green took the opportunity to learn his beloved country music on the...
      -08-03-2005, 07:55 PM
    • ramsanddodgers
      Green Dots?!?
      by ramsanddodgers
      I read on another site that some helmets have green dots on them and that Madden explained it as only one green dot was allowed on the field at any one time.

Seems that the green dot designates a sideline radio......

I certainly did not notice the dots, I'll have to watch the game again and see if I can "pick up" on that!
      -08-14-2007, 10:14 PM
    • laram0
      Why all the Trent Green bashing?
      by laram0
      Wasn't it Trent Green that was going to be our starter for the 1999 season until Rodney Harrison hit him with a cheap shot during a preseason game?

Now, is the 2008 version of Trent Green the same as say 1999 or his days with the Chiefs? Maybe not, probably not. How's Kurt Warner doing these days? I never say never until I witness first hand the failure.

It's not Trent Greens fault that he has been made the starter for Sundays game against the Bills.

Seems like Trent Green has already been condemned or even injured before he steps one foot on the field. Very unfair in my opinion.

Trent Green is a RAM and we need to support him even though we would rather see Bulger out there.

GO RAMS!!!!!
      -09-24-2008, 06:32 AM
    • Rambos
      Trent Green back to the Rams?
      by Rambos
      NFL Notes: Miami drops Green, at least for now

Quarterback Trent Green was acquired by Miami last year as part of a plan to turn the franchise's fortunes around. Not surprisingly, Bill Parcells' ideas will differ from the previous model.

He would be a better back up, for sure has played for Al...
      -02-13-2008, 10:46 PM
    Working...
    X