loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loss

Well we lost again on th 7th week of th season,oh well pick it up and move on,right now i do'nt want to talk about the game,i'm still in shock??Can anyone say fumble???????

Shock is leaving. Pain setting in.

Fu
    mbl
    esss. Or picks??
    Hard fought battle. Almost as hard to watch.
    I share your PAIN.

Comment

The Saints do not fear the Rams or playing in St Louis at all. At halftime, Haslett told his team that the Rams had no solid game and were resorting to 'tricks'. The Saints hung in there and punched the Rams in the face. After each turnover, the Rams defense failed to contain. I'm a Ram fan but they have a long way to go if they think they are Super Bowl contenders.
      The Rams have turned the ball over 17 times in the last 3 losses to the Saints.
      This game and the Giants game should wake Martz up to the fact that tricks are not what make a team great. It's ball control, big plays and solid defense.

Comment

Joe knows football...

ESPN's Joe Theisman comments: [quote] "Despite St. Louis' loss, I still think the Rams (6-1) are the best team in football, week in and week out. The Raiders (5-1) are right there as well. Those are the NFL's two best teams. Oakland has been the most consistent team, at home and on the road. While the Raiders lost 18-15 to Miami in Week 2, they've been steady on offense and defense. But the Rams -- with that high-powered, speed-oriented offense -- are still on top in my book. [end quote]

I agree with Harkin-9's observation however, in that the Rams must control ball better! Essential, yes, but lacking.

Fortunately, defense is doing fine despite the 34 points allowed --or should we say, given-- yesterday. How about Aeneas Williams, uh!?! And Grant Wistrom, Archuleta, Jackson, Young, Little, Herring! How about all those guys! ...Yeaaahh!

Personally I don't mind razzle-dazzle plays, they've been around forever. Is anyone going to say the aints don't run the reverse or the fake reverse, shuffle pass (etc.X3)? Thing is, when you resort to those types of plays and WIN, everyone starts to dislike you for that.

Fortunately again, that doesn't bother Coach Martz a whole lot. He will though probably consider a few more of the meat'n-potatoes plays for the rest of the season -- I just don't think the aintz or any team is going to change him that much just because we had all the costly mistakes --obviously, there's where the changes need to take place!
        Come on! Let's get it together! GO RAMS!!!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Coach_Largent
          A question about the identity of the Rams ...
          by Coach_Largent
          ... I have read a lot this year about the Rams trying to shed the misnomer of the "finesse" team.

Personnally, I think it's a crap tag put on your team because you run a basketball on grass offense, like Joe Tiller.

I have been wondering how you guys feel about post game comments made by Martz, Holt, Bruce and Warner that intimated that the Saints were hitting them with cheap shots or brutalizing them.

I read Bruce's report about getting his pinky stepped on and Holt and Martz talking about Holt getting blasted by Bellamy after an INT. Same situation for Warner. I have been trying to talk to fans outside the scope of the Saints/Rams - Vikings, Cowboys, Packers, and Titans fans around here in large numbers.

How is the team going to shed the image of a finesse team, if after every brutal football game with the Saints or Giants or teams of that ilk, they go to the media with their problems or point fingers ??

Truly, if Bruce doesn't want to get his hand stepped on while going for a chop block ( which is legal - I know that - I coach it ... ) then he needs to protect himself, football is a brutal game. Get off the carpet if you don't want to get stepped on.

You see the public perception of the Rams is tainted by these comments and Martz's comments about it further validate him as a "finesse" coach. Sure, it may not be true, I think it is far from a finesse defense, but these comments are only compounding a public perception.

So how do you guys feel about it ? Dez ? Jorge ? MsWistRam ? HornedHell ?? RAMbleOn ??? anyone ??

The tag of finesse gets thrown around a lot, and if you want to shed that image, or tag, then you play the game as it was and you move on. No one was using the finesse tag again or talking about the Saints "bullying" the Rams until all this finger pointing came around. Martz and his vocal leaders are hurting their chances of changing that perception with every word, and I feel sorry for Archuletta, A.Williams, Wistrom and Herring. These guys aren't finesse players, and yet the tag is growing, not waning, in it's use when describing the Rams.

Any thoughts ??

Looking forward to the next game ......
          -10-30-2001, 08:19 AM
        • djccon
          Now That I've Cooled Off...
          by djccon
          The results of the game with the 'Aints are inexcusable and unacceptable. That means I am inconsolable. There cannot be any consolation from this game, nor do I see any positives coming from it. However, here are some observations that I have come away with now that I've had some time to cool off and think objectively:

1) I am FED UP with hearing regularly about the "ball maintenance" drills these guys run every DAY in practice, only to watch them cough it up week after week. Obviously it isn't working - so, Mr. Martz, FIND SOMETHING THAT DOES!

2) I never cared for Bobby April when he was in Pittsburgh. I liked him less in Atlanta, even less in New Orleans, and I am convinced he must have pictures of someone naked with a hooker to be able to stay in the NFL. Who deemed this guy a guru? Every week we can count on opponents starting at least 2 possessions outside their own 35 after kickoffs. You can look it up.

3) Was it just me, or did Canidate seem totally exhausted by half time? I thought Martz said he planned to rotate backs a little more. I think being tired contributed greatly to his struggles. As tired as he looked, I just KNEW it was only a matter of time before he put it on the carpet.

4) The dropped passes are unforgiveable. When you get that much $, catch the dang ball, ESPECIALLY when you're trying to keep control and move the chains.

5) 1st and 10 near midfield, up 24-6, and a fumble. The defense holds on 4 straight downs, again near midfield, and an INT. Control the @#$% ball, and put the game away ASAP! Blowing a 24 point lead at HOME is unforgiveable.

6) I don't care what those two-toothed, cousin-marrying morons in Louisiana say, all the 'aints proved Sunday is they need 8 turnovers to beat us. Had they gotten only 7, they'd STILL have lost. How does that sit with you 'aint fans - knowing you only got 1 or 2 "takeaways" - you know @#$% well those were "giveaways" (i.e., you didn't TAKE, we GAVE)?

7) This game convinced me of one thing - the only team good enough to beat the Rams, is the Rams. There is no consolation in this, neither do I consider it a positive since they were SO @#$% willing to do just that.

Out for now. Peace!
          -10-30-2001, 05:43 PM
        • wscramfan
          Sometimes we need to pound the ball!
          by wscramfan
          When is Martz going to realize there are some teams you just have to try to Ram the ball down their throat.... even if you don't succeed. Sure Tampa hasn't done anything this year but c'mon we all know what their defense is capable of and they always play their A game with us. Teams like Tampa, Baltimore, Pittsburg, and especially the Saints will always give us trouble because of what their defenses are capable of (putting pressure on Kurt without having to blitz). Is it just me or did anyone else notice the last time we beat the Saints was when Marshall rushed for I think 220 yds. So if we don't even try to run the ball down their ( those teams above) throats even if if doesn't work, I think we will lose everytime.
          -11-27-2001, 03:55 PM
        • FirebirdRamsam
          The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
          by FirebirdRamsam
          The good.......there was very little in the saints game.
          The bad.........there was alot!!!
          The Ugly........ditto!!!

I was kind of afraid that the saints were going to pull off a victory. If anyone read my last post which read: Will the saints go marching on. It talks about a possibility of them having our number. For some reason the team plays with added intense due to their coach and team mates being fired up since we have been ex-superbowl winners who have won with bull **** flee flickers and screens and fancy plays. The saints coach seems to think that we are a bunch of crap players with crappy non-football plays.

Truth is, the Rams beat the Rams fair and square!!! We lost the game due to silly penaltys, fumbles, interceptions, costly errors, un-special teams, blown plays and a missed field goal. If we played error free football or at least hanged on to the ball without giving it away with our fumbles and interceptions, we would have won yet as murphy's law plays out so many sundays, it was a game of 'what can go wrong will go wrong' and to think that the Rams are exempt from murphys law is wrong! It was bound to happen and I say good, why?

Well, lets just say that the next time we play the saints on their turf, it will be a different game. We should learn from our mistakes and hopefully on the next meeting, we will be playing with a healthy Faulk, and fumbleless game, a zero interception, a game plan that will have many flee flickers, trick plays so that it will inferiate the saints coach and perhaps a few on side kicks to boot ;-). I think that the Rams have learned a valuable experience of this loss and that if they can bounce back and play with added aggression due to this loss, perhaps this will propel them into the nfc playoffs.

This game against the saints truely was a horror film for the players as well as the fans and we didn't even get to see georgia for her halloween yearly appearance :mask: , darn!!! I believe that we see the saints mid december again. I will hope that we will bring with us a more intense game plan and an error free game in the georgia dome so that it can erase this bad taste that this last game left. And I hope that Martz will remember what the saint's coach said about the Rams and their so called plays so that he can fire up the team to seek revenge. I honestly don't think that the saints coach should be talking smack until he takes his team to the big dance and wins the big one! Rememeber, we walked the walk and can talk the talk since we are a past victorious superbowl team.

We now have a 'bye' week to rest, gather our thoughts and hopefully allow Faulk to return with 100% healed on his knee.
          I predict a victory againt Carolina after the return from the bye week yet I will go out on a limb and predict.......no.....wait........
          I guarantee a victory (IE: Joe Namath/broadway Joe) against the...
          -10-29-2001, 05:45 PM
        • RamWraith
          Saints carry confidence into meeting with Rams
          by RamWraith
          By Jim Thomas
          Of the Post-Dispatch
          09/25/2004
          Something is strangely amiss. A Saints-Rams game week has come and gone without New Orleans wide receiver Joe "Hollywood" Horn saying anything inflammatory before kickoff.

Horn has leveled many a zinger at the Rams in the past. But he did nothing but make nice this past week in New Orleans.

When asked by New Orleans reporters if this was still a big rivalry game for the Saints, he replied: "No. You want to know why? They've got a Super Bowl ring. They've been to multiple Super Bowls. ... I can't say nothing negative about them and try to spark a rivalry."

Huh?

And there's more.

"Coach (Mike) Martz has done a hell of a job," Horn said.

Take that!

What about former Saints tight end Cam Cleeland, now with the Rams, and his anti-Saints and anti-Jim Haslett remarks on Wednesday from Rams Park?

"That's just Cam getting off some frustrations that he felt," Horn said. "He and Kyle (Turley) had some issues that they didn't like (with the organization). But they're very good friends of mine, and I love them to death."

In your face!

In a conference call with St. Louis reporters, Haslett, the New Orleans coach, made it sound like he and Martz were bosom buddies. Strange, since in 2000 and 2001 - when the Saints and Rams played each other five times over a 12 1/2- month period - they looked very much like mortal enemies.

So perhaps this is some sort of a setup. Now a couple of years older and wiser, maybe Horn and Haslett are trying to kill the Rams with kindness.

Make no mistake, the Saints aren't going to be the least bit intimidated by the Rams' 15-game regular-season winning streak at the Edward Jones Dome. New Orleans has won its last two contests here, including one of only two regular-season losses by the NFC-champion Rams in 2001.

No Deuce McAllister (ankle) at running back? No problem. The Saints won here in 2000 with Jerald Moore and Chad Morton as their feature backs.

Besides, the Rams have more on their minds these days than whether the Saints remain a rival. They left the Georgia Dome on the short end of a 34-17 score to Atlanta last Sunday, bewildered by the scrambling sorties of Michael Vick and befuddled by a Falcons front four that played like the Fearsome Foursome.

Motivation?

"We don't need to look any further than the fact that we need a win," defensive lineman Tyoka Jackson said. "Coming off a loss you need a win even more. It's just the way it feels. So we want to get back in the winner's column, get that good feeling again, and build off of it."

It's as simple as that. The last thing the Rams want to do is stub their toe at home against...
          -09-26-2004, 04:47 AM
        Working...
        X