Can we beat Packers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we beat Packers?

I think we will come out in full force on Rodgers but he will still put up 3-4 TD's/300-400 yards. I don't think they will contain #39 and hope that we can play with effort.

Re: Can we beat Packers?

"ANY GIVEN SUNDAY"

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    sigpic :ram::helmet:

Comment

If Green Bay plays down to their opponent, Rams pressure Rodgers, and the offense plays as good as they are capable of.. then YES!

Comment

In a word.

No.

Comment

Is this a trick question?
          If a team won their division seven straight times, that would be a NFL record. Now add on that team did it with seven different QB's in seven straight years,that record is unbeatable. To do that feat, you must of had a great Defense. Jack Youngblood was the captain of that defense.

Comment

I think it's undoubtedly a loss; however, I'd love to see this be a game where we really fought hard with them and saw legitimate progress. On the other hand, this could be a game that easily gets out of hand.
            Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Comment

Originally posted by Varg6 View Post
              I think it's undoubtedly a loss; however, I'd love to see this be a game where we really fought hard with them and saw legitimate progress. On the other hand, this could be a game that easily gets out of hand.
              Exactly, Varg6. It could be a game where we see fight and heart, or, a game that can EASILY become a laugher and another horrible a** Bernie Miklasz article...

I definitely see a loss here...this is a really bad team against the defending champs who have shown, thus far, no signs whatsoever of slowing down anytime soon...

I also think the question is wrong...YOu should NEVER ask " Can Rams beat ____? OF COURSE THEY CAN!!! The question should be " WILL be beat Packers?"

The answer is no. 34-14 PACK. If not 34-14 then 31-17...

Comment

If we had our two starting corners, maby even our nickel Murphy, then yes I would have confidence.The fact is, with our starting corners out against the best receiving core and arguably the best quarterback in the league, were just completely overmatched.I still have faith in the Rams every week though. IMO, Jackson needs to have a monster game so we can control the clock. Thats our only chance.

Comment

I'm not feeling it.

Comment

Rams get beat by 40.

Comment

Rams offense has its coming out party.

Packers 50 Rams 17

Comment

Originally posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
                        Rams offense has its coming out party.

Packers 50 Rams 17
                        lmao, now thats funny

Comment

Can we? Yes.

Will we? I'm thinking no, but that won't stop me from cheering them on.

Comment

Somebody needs to catch the ball......

Comment

No, we cannot win, 0-5 is next, Pack wins 36-6.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• DJRamFan
                                [Packers] Packers relish Rams' visit
                                by DJRamFan
                                By ARNIE STAPLETON
                                AP Sports Writer
                                GREEN BAY, Wis. - The Green Bay Packers finally have the St. Louis Rams right where they want them: at Lambeau Field, on grass, in freezing weather.

Forgive Brett Favre if he's not jumping for joy.

"Well, I would much rather play them here than at their place. We haven't had much success at their place, and there's no guarantee that we will here," Favre said. "I think it's going to be a very difficult game. Either way. Here or there."

That might be, but he tied an NFL playoff record by throwing six interceptions at St. Louis 22 months ago, then broke his right thumb there last year.

The desperate Rams (5-5), who have lost three of four games, face the surging Packers (6-4), winners of five straight, on Monday night in a crucial game for two teams hoping to display some playoff pedigree in the jumbled NFC.

The Packers are banged up in both backfields, which might very well negate any home-field advantage _ something that sure was missing the last time they played at home on a Monday night, a 48-27 loss to the Tennessee Titans on Oct. 11.

"We'd like to erase that memory with a special Monday night performance and get rid of some of those ghosts we have from earlier in the season," Packers defensive end Aaron Kampman said.

The problems with the Rams go back to Jan. 20, 2002, when Favre threw those half-dozen interceptions in a 28-point playoff loss.

In October 2003, Favre broke his right thumb in a loss at St. Louis. Because he decided to play the rest of the season with a splint instead of having season-ending surgery, he kept alive his consecutive starts streak, which will reach 200 in the regular season Monday night, 219 counting the playoffs.

Few teams have had Favre's number like the Rams, who capitalized on 12 Packers turnovers to outscore Green Bay 79-41 in their last two meetings.

So the Packers have been looking forward to this night ever since the schedule came out.

"They're a different team, as everyone knows, indoors," safety Darren Sharper said. "The fact that we have them at home hopefully will play into our favor. But we're just happy to see them because they put a whooping on us last year and we'd like to get a little payback."

Payback? Guard Mark Tauscher is thinking more along the lines of a setback.

"You can't do anything about what happened last year, or the year before," he said. "But we can give them a big setback and knock them off here and really give ourselves a big boost because anytime you struggle against somebody and then you get over that hump, that's big emotionally."

Just like back in the 1990s, when the Packers lost seven straight to the Dallas Cowboys, three times in the playoffs...
                                -11-29-2004, 02:21 PM
                                We Own Green Bay
                                by Guest
                                The media is going to have their lips planted all over the Packers because of one of the most over-rated QBs in the league. Favre throws more balls up for grabs then any QB I have ever seen. Sometimes he gets lucky and the ball magically lands in the hands of his receivers. (See Packers at Oakland on the day of Favre dad passing.) Other times, especially when challenged he throws up to six interceptions per contest. We own the Packers and that will continue.
                                Who was the first team to beat the Packers after they won the Superbowl? Who whipped the Packers last year?
                                Who spanked the Packers in the Playoffs when Favre threw 6 pics?
                                What team did Ron Brown run Back two kickoffs against in an important game?
                                Whos ripe for an upset? Whos hungry for a victory?
                                Some things just do not change and the Rams deed over Green Bay is one of them.
                                Martz is going to figure out what happened against buffalo both tactical and psychological. Martz has been on the edge of the coaching breakthrough we have been waiting for since 2000. It looks like the team will be eating their Turkey dinner on the practice field. (More evidence that Martz is getting it)The Seahawk losses will come and when they do, we have to be standing there with a win not wallowing in our own pity or our own shame. Remember all we have to do is tie with them to win the division. I think Martz is learning more with each loss. Hes learning more and hes learning faster then in previous years. Maybe because in previous years the losses were not as critical as they are now. He hears the alarm, he sees the flashing lights. He will turn this thing around Monday night. He is what we have and he is the only route the Rams have to the playoffs so we have to believe, we have to fight. The Rams are going to dig deep and so am I.
                                -11-24-2004, 02:28 AM
                              • Karney44
                                Packers (Visitor's) Hotel
                                by Karney44
                                Where did the Pack stay at when they came in town? Any help would be appreciated!
                                -09-28-2009, 11:18 AM
                              • RamDez
                                Rams @ Packers
                                by RamDez
                                St Louis Rams travel to Packer county.

Rams coming off a big win play the pack coming of a Monday night game.

Predict the score.
                                -10-02-2006, 06:19 AM
                              • Nick
                                Packers designate Franks their transition player
                                by Nick
                                http://theredzone.org/news/showartic...ArticleID=2276
                                -02-21-2005, 09:33 PM
                              Working...
                              X