Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know the seriousness of Holt's Injury?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know the seriousness of Holt's Injury?

The big hit on Torry Holt last game against the Seahawks almost made my heart stop. The big hit sent Holt's Head crashing into St.Louis' infamous turf (only about 2 inches of padding) It was later announced that he left the game with a minor concussion. The last time I checked he was listed as Day-to-Day. Just wondering if anyone knows the seriouness of this injury and if he'll be able to play in the Buffalo game. Tnx, and GO RAMS!

Re: Anyone know the seriousness of Holt's Injury?

No official word yet, we are all watching closely and whoever hears it first will post for sure on the board. My bet is that he plays against buffalo.

general counsel

Comment

I hope he is ok. A healthy and happy Holt add so much to the offensive powerhouse.
      sigpic

Comment

Rams | Holt Expected to Play
        Mon, 15 Nov 2004 16:31:57 -0800

St. Louis Rams WR Torry Holt (concussion) is expected to play in Week 11 after suffering a concussion during Week 10.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RamWraith
          Holt Questionable
          by RamWraith
          From Fanball.com

THE NEWS

Wide receiver Torry Holt is listed as questionable on the Rams' official injury report with a concussion. Holt suffered the concussion in the first quarter of the team's game on Sunday against the Seahawks.

OUR VIEW

We will track Holt during the week to see if he practices. If he puts in a day or two, he should be ready to go against the Bills. Torry has been struggling away from St. Louis recently, averaging only 28 yards in his last three road games.
          -11-17-2004, 06:38 PM
        • mcpeepants232003
          DeAndre Hopkins remind anyone else of Holt?
          by mcpeepants232003
          out of all the receivers expected to go in rounds 1 or 2 he's probably the most polished and therefore the guy I'd like us to draft the most. The route running, the hands, the size, the way he gets in and out of his breaks all remind me of Torry.

He just seems like a guy who can instantly make an impact and be our #1 receiver within a year or two.

Of course he has to declare and then not go before we pick but after watching some film on him I'd love to see us draft him.
          -01-01-2013, 09:23 AM
        • RamWraith
          Holt not as healthy as we think??
          by RamWraith
          This is from Fanball.com

Rams: Holt might have a torn ligament

11/11/05 01:43 PM
          THE NEWS
          Rams wide receiver Torry Holt's knee injury might be more serious than he's been letting on. Team officials described the injury as a bruised knee, but Holt later told reporters that he had a sprained ligament. Now, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that sources confirmed that he has a torn ligament. Nevertheless, he has practiced all week and is still targeting Sunday for his return.
          Our View
          At this point, it appears Holt will play against the Seahawks. He plans to make an official decision on his playing status on Saturday, so we'll let you know what he decides once that information is released.
          -11-11-2005, 10:53 AM
        • RamWraith
          DID I MISS THIS?? Holt had knee surgury this off season?
          by RamWraith
          I am not sure I EVER seen this. I know it is not much to threat about...but I am not sure how I missed it, or if I spaced it out.

Was his knee surgury reported??

From ProFantasy Sports News line.

Holt waited until after the Pro Bowl to repair a minor cartilage tear in his knee.
          His surgery was successful and all is good in a Warner-less St. Louis. Holt is the man Bulger looks for in the passing game and last years numbers make that obvious. Holt had 1698 yards receiving and 12 touchdowns last season, numbers that won‘t be easy to duplicate but if anyone can do them Holt and the Rams offense can. Tory is no longer just a big play receiver, he has learned how to separate from defenders in the red-zone. His average touchdown catch last season of less than 10-yards tells you the most about his maturation process. Holt is now a dependable receiver in short yardage situations and this year could become the elite receiver in the National Football league. Watch out Randy, here comes Tory.
          -07-19-2004, 03:39 PM
        • RamWraith
          Rams: Holt's injury more than bruise
          by RamWraith
          by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
          Monday, October 24, 2005

News
          Rams receiver Torry Holt's injury is more than just a bruised knee as originally announced, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. "Actually, I've got a strain in my PCL," Holt said, referring to the posterior cruciate ligament in the knee. "I have to rest that and continue to get rehab."

Views
          The game Sunday is the first Holt has missed in his seven NFL seasons. It's uncertain whether he'll be able to play this weekend against the Jaguars. We'll monitor the situation closely.
          -10-24-2005, 10:26 AM
        Working...
        X