Uh Oh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh Oh!

The Rams schedule has to be considered tougher then the Seahawks if not by opponent then surely by location. Presuming the Rams finish off the Cardinals and ***** the Rams could actually go undefeated in their division and not win it. I wonder if this has ever happened before.

Rams Remaining Schedule
    @Buffalo
    @Green Bay
    San Francisco
    @Carolina
    @Arizona
    Philadelphia
    N.Y. Jets

Seahawks Remaining Schedule
    Miami
    Buffalo
    Dallas
    @Minnesota
    @N.Y. Jets
    Arizona
    Atlanta

Re: Uh Oh!

We have to worry about playing to our potential. If we play well, we will win the division. If we play like we played against miami, new orleans and new england, we are not going to have to worry about what seattle or anyone else does.

Consistency is the key for this team. That and staying healthy of course.

general counsel

Comment

yes.. we have played consistent lacklustre defense

Comment

Interesting.

So out of the remaining games, what dothe Rams win and what do the Hawks win

Rams Remaining Schedule
        @Buffalo -- WIN
        @Green Bay -- WIN
        San Francisco -- WIN
        @Carolina -- WIN
        @Arizona -- WIN
        Philadelphia -- LOSS
        N.Y. Jets -- WIN

Miami -- WIN
        Buffalo -- WIN
        Dallas -- WIN
        @Minnesota -- LOSS
        @N.Y. Jets -- LOSS
        Arizona -- WIN
        Atlanta -- WIN

That would put us one up on the Hawks and NFC WEST Champs

Comment

I think the Hawks finish 4-3 (losses @Minn, @Jets, Atl). Which means we HAVE to finish at least 4-3. If we show up each week with the same team that played this past week, we should be able to do just that.

Rams Remaining Schedule
          @Buffalo -- LOSS
          @Green Bay -- LOSS
          San Francisco -- WIN
          @Carolina -- WIN
          @Arizona -- WIN
          Philadelphia -- LOSS
          N.Y. Jets -- WIN

This is worst case scenario, but it still gets us the division title at 9-7.
          The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

The way I see it...

Rams Remaining Schedule
            @Buffalo LOSS
            @Green Bay WIN
            San Francisco WIN
            @Carolina WIN
            @Arizona WIN
            Philadelphia LOSS
            N.Y. Jets WIN

Miami WIN
            Buffalo LOSS
            Dallas WIN
            @Minnesota LOSS
            @N.Y. Jets LOSS
            Arizona WIN
            Atlanta LOSS

Comment

The Rams need to win 5 of their last 7. If the Seahawks can do better than that, more power to them. But I think 10-6 will win the division.

Comment

I dont see the Seahawks beating Atlanta. That is for sure. We got philly and the Jets at our house I think we will get the upset. The house is scary for other teams.

P.S. Arizona wil give us a run they are not the beat on Cards anymore.

Comment

Here's my take on things:

Rams Remaining Schedule
                  @Buffalo WIN
                  @Green Bay LOSS
                  San Francisco WIN
                  @Carolina WIN
                  @Arizona WIN
                  Philadelphia LOSS
                  N.Y. Jets WIN

Miami WIN
                  Buffalo WIN
                  Dallas WIN
                  @Minnesota LOSS
                  @N.Y. Jets LOSS
                  Arizona WIN
                  Atlanta LOSS

Comment

If we lose to Green Bay and Philadelphia it could really bring down the morale of this team going into the playoffs. These will be the teams we will most likely be meeting so our boys must beat these guys. The Rams need to show they could compete with the NFC's elite teams. They must show that they should not be written off as an NFC elite. Once again all this starts with the defence. If they continue to play like they did last week they will be a team to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by LaRamsFanLongTime
                      If we lose to Green Bay and Philadelphia it could really bring down the morale of this team going into the playoffs. These will be the teams we will most likely be meeting so our boys must beat these guys. The Rams need to show they could compete with the NFC's elite teams. They must show that they should not be written off as an NFC elite. Once again all this starts with the defence. If they continue to play like they did last week they will be a team to beat.
                      In the category of quite obscure and totally meaningless, here's a stat for this situation:
                      Only once in the past 4 seasons has the eventual NFC champion beaten a team in the regular season, to then turn around and beat the same team in the playoffs --- 2001 Rams (week 1 win over Philly, then NFC championship win over Philly).

So if we expect to see GB or the Eagles in the postseason, maybe we shouldn't win......naaaah.

Comment

Originally posted by RamTime
                        The Rams schedule has to be considered tougher then the Seahawks if not by opponent then surely by location. Presuming the Rams finish off the Cardinals and ***** the Rams could actually go undefeated in their division and not win it. I wonder if this has ever happened before.

Rams Remaining Schedule
                        @Buffalo
                        @Green Bay
                        San Francisco
                        @Carolina
                        @Arizona
                        Philadelphia
                        N.Y. Jets

Miami
                        Buffalo
                        Dallas
                        @Minnesota
                        @N.Y. Jets
                        Arizona
                        Atlanta

According to the Sagarin ratings both the Rams and Seahawks have been living high off the hog of an easy schedule...the 'Hawks have an advantage because the Rams have to go into Buffalo and GB...The hardes games for the 'Hawks will be the roadies...they could go 5-2...4-3 or 5-2 in not unreasonable for the Rams...

Comment

2001 Rams (week 1 win over Philly, then NFC championship win over Philly).
                          Since we were the ones to do it last we have to do it again. So nahhhh back at you :tongue:

Comment

Originally posted by NickSeiler
                            The way I see it...

Rams Remaining Schedule
                            @Buffalo LOSS
                            @Green Bay WIN
                            San Francisco WIN
                            @Carolina WIN
                            @Arizona WIN
                            Philadelphia LOSS
                            N.Y. Jets WIN
                            So far I'm one for one. Time for the winning streak I predicted.

Comment

Originally posted by HUbison
                              I think the Hawks finish 4-3 (losses @Minn, @Jets, Atl). Which means we HAVE to finish at least 4-3. If we show up each week with the same team that played this past week, we should be able to do just that.

Rams Remaining Schedule
                              @Buffalo -- LOSS
                              @Green Bay -- LOSS
                              San Francisco -- WIN
                              @Carolina -- WIN
                              @Arizona -- WIN
                              Philadelphia -- LOSS
                              N.Y. Jets -- WIN

This is worst case scenario, but it still gets us the division title at 9-7.
                              In this thread, Nick & I both had Buffalo winning and Seattle winning, and there are probably several others who saw the same thing coming. What's my point? Even with this weekend, we are still in a position to win the division. The season's not done yet.

P.S. We shouldn't be too shocked if we lose to GB next week either. We'll still go 9-7 (as will the Hawks) and the tiebreaker will give us the division.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RamDez
                                Call the rest of the Rams Season - time to put yer neck on the line
                                by RamDez
                                Call the rest of the Rams Season - time to put yer neck on the line. Put a win or loss against them

My call is we end up with a 13-3 record with our 3 losses on the road.

@ Oakland Raiders Win
                                Arizona Cardinals Win
                                Los Angeles Chargers Win
                                Minnesota Vikings Win

@ Seattle Seahawks Win
                                @ Denver Broncos Loss (extra note, watching the Broncos playing the Jets and I might just revise this to a WIN)
                                @ San Francisco ***** Win
                                Green Bay Packers Win
                                @ New Orleans Saints Loss
                                Seattle Seahawks Win
                                Kansas City Chiefs Win (I have this as a push due to it being played in Mexico)
                                @ Detroit Lions Win
                                @ Chicago Bears Loss
                                Philadelphia Eagles Win
                                @ Arizona Cardinals Win
                                San Francisco ***** Win
                                -10-04-2018, 10:31 AM
                                If we can pull off a win at Seattle then
                                by Guest
                                The rest of our schedule does not look that bad. There is only one team with a better then 500 record. Thats Chicago and its at home. Carolina looks like our toughest road team and they have only beat one team by more then 3 points this year and that was 8 points. Minnesota has only scored 7 points and 3 points there last two games. There is no one that I don't feel we have a good shot against except maybe Chicago and thats at home. If we can beat Seattle we will have a good shot at the division IMO.

Nov 19 @Carolina 1:00pm
                                Nov 26 San Francisco 1:00pm
                                Dec 3 Arizona 1:00pm
                                Dec 11 Chicago 8:30pm
                                Dec 17 @Oakland 4:15pm
                                Dec 24 Washington 1:00pm
                                Dec 31 @Minnesota 1:00pm
                                -11-06-2006, 05:43 PM
                              • AvengerRam_old
                                Av's Annual Schedule Breakdown
                                by AvengerRam_old
                                I do a variation on this theme every year, and I've found it has been a fairly good indicator of how the team will do. Here's how it works. I break the schedule into three categories:

Must Wins (MW)
                                Games that the Rams are expected to win. I presume the Rams will win 75% of the games in this category.

Toss-ups (TU)
                                Games that can go in either way. I presume the Rams will win 50% of the games in this category.

Longshots (LS)
                                Games that the Rams are unlikely to win. I presume the Rams will win only 25% of the games in this category.

So, with those parameters in mind, here's how I see the schedule.

Carolina - TU
                                San Francisco - MW
                                @ Tampa - MW
                                @ Dallas - LS
                                Arizona - MW
                                @ Baltimore - LS
                                @ Seattle - TU
                                Cleveland - MW
                                @ New Orleans - LS
                                @ San Francisco - TU
                                Seattle - TU
                                Atlanta - MW
                                @ Cincinnati - LS
                                Green Bay - MW
                                Pittsburgh - TU
                                @ Arizona - TU

So, the totals:

Must Wins: 6 (4.50 wins projected)
                                Toss Ups: 6 (3.00 wins projected)
                                Long Shots: 4 (1.00 wins projected)

Total wins projected 8.50.

So, based upon this projection, I see the Rams at 8-8 or 9-7.

My actual prediction: 10-6.

So, what that means is the Rams need to win the games they should win, and steal at least one game along the way. I can see that happening, particularly if the defense comes together over time.
                                -08-27-2007, 12:11 PM
                                Lets put the win in perspective, what happens next
                                by Guest
                                What does this win mean? It means we are right in the hunt for the nfc west title and still have a real shot to have an elite season. We now have a huge tiebreaker advantage against seattle, and if we can beat them at home, we in effect have an enormous benefit as we will win the west in the event of a tie. Its also a division win, which i believe helps conference record and tiebreaker wise for both home field and other playoff positioning.

Its not just the huge road win against a quality team, its how we came back and won. There is no quit in this team and we will only continue to improve if we can stay healthy.

At this point, the real key is not to rest on our laurels, but to be able to carry the fourth quarter and OT performance into the next two games, tampa at home and miami on the road, two games that we have to win. 5-2 at the break is very competitive. I would absolutely hate to see us give it back with a subpar performance that leads to a loss against the two inferior teams coming up.

The new orleans loss eliminates any margain for error at this point, given the tough games ahead. We cant afford to lose any more games to teams that we are better than, for 100% sure at home, if we want a shot at home field through the playoffs.

Good health, better defense, and continued improvement by the offense and we are still a 12-4 team, maybe even 13-3 if we get a break.

Can you imagine the odds of winning in seattle with a minus three turnover ratio? We really need to do a better job pressuring the passer, tackling and creating turnovers, but for tonight, lets enjoy one of the greatest comebacks in rams history.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
                                -10-10-2004, 06:17 PM
                              • AvengerRam_old
                                Mapping the Road to a 10 Win Season
                                by AvengerRam_old
                                Having finished the first quarter of the season with a 3-1 record, the Rams are well on their way to accomplishing the feat I predicted they would achieve at the start of the season: a 10-6 record.

Looking at the rest of the schedule, here's how they can get there:

Category 1: Must-win Games

If the Rams are going to be a 10 win team with serious playoff aspirations, there are four games on their schedule that they simply must win. They are:

@ Green Bay
                                San Francisco
                                Arizona
                                @ Oakland

If the Rams can take care of business in these games, that would be four additional wins, bringing the total to seven.

Category 2: Toss-up Games

The remaining home games on the Rams schedule are against the following teams:

Seattle
                                Kansas City
                                Chicago
                                Washington

These are all fairly tough games, but the Rams should be able to win at least two of the four on their home field. Assuming two wins, the Rams win total would be nine.

Category 3: Longshot Games

The remaining road schedule is as follows:

@ San Diego
                                @ Seattle
                                @ Carolina
                                @ Minnesota

The Rams need to steal one of these four games. The Minnesota game, which is the final game of the season, may be the best bet. If they can pull one of these off, the win total would be ten.

At ten wins, I think the Rams would make the playoffs. The teams in the NFC East will beat each other up, so there might not be a Wild Card team coming out of that division. The South has Atlanta, Carolina and New Orleans all contending for playoff spots, though I suspect that the Saints may fall out of contention as the season wears on. The North has the Bears and, perhaps, the Vikings in contention for the playoffs.

Then there's the West. I'll go on record right now and say that a 10-6 might actually be enough to win the division in a tiebreaker scenario. Seattle is vulnerable, and if the Rams can win at least one of the two match-ups, it could go down to the wire.

If not, the Rams could definitely be a 10-6 Wild Card team.

Should be a fun ride.
                                -10-05-2006, 09:53 AM
                              Working...
                              X