Therapeutic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Therapeutic

Thank you all for your input to my last post - I gotta tell ya, this is the BEST therapy I can imagine. Thanks to you, my Rams bretheren (and "sisteren" [sic] in deference to you, MsWistrom) , I was able to start feeling a bit better by Wednesday. However, I still don't have the stomach to read all the articles. I keep hearing (from people at work) that Reggae Williams (I won't give him the dignity of acknowledging his first name) and that over rated coach are running all kinds of smack. So typical of the 'aints, they're given a gift and they suddenly think they're good...

We all know they are a .500 team. We all know who is still the best team in football, because after all, they DID beat the best team in football (for those who've spent too much time in the LOSEiana dome LOSING IQ points by watching that dull team and sorry a** excuse of an offense - that does not mean your team won, it means OUR team beat itself).

I'll say this much, and your response posts nailed it - it's a coaching/concentration thing. Haslett, Wee-ums...remember your trip in the playoffs last year, because if you think you're playoff trippin' this year, you are trippin' in the other sense of the word. Face it, it 'Aint [sic] happening this year.

I think the problems are fixable, but they'd BEST be starting on them now!

Thank you all for the therapy! LOVE YOU ALL

Hey man, believe me, during that 3rd Qtr, I could have just easily been thrown out of Fridays, the bar I was watching the game at in Austin. Couldn't believe what I was seeing. Then I started reviewing how other teams have acted. It seems that after a 4 or 5 game win streak in the present NFL, a loss is inevitable. AJD, can you look that up on your statocaster? I love that thing man.

Just saying a 14-2 season looks pretty good in the future. If the math formula works, a fine ending looks pretty.

Comment

Hugs and kisses and warm, fuzzy feelings all around.

Things are fixable, starting with the bye week giving some of the players a breather and a chance to heal. The Aints can pat themselves on the back all they want, no one else will. Everyone else knows the Rams beat themselves. Lots of tape watching for this team this week.

(Love ya, djccon, but the name is MsWistRAM, I cheer for the team, not just one player.);)

Comment

Many more pats on the back...

Hey MsWistRAM, last night I really enjoyed watching the NYJets "pat" the aints on the back! And the tantrum Turley put on when they were about to tie the score... great show! Turley --their tattooed tackle bluff-- got ejected from the game.
        Final score in nuorleeenz: Jets 16, aints 9. :mask:

The NFL films highlight for the aints season HAS to be Reggae Williams [that's a good one Djccon] being knocked back and down on his rearend while trying to block Jets DE Abraham who then sacked Brooks on the play. Great highlight for the Jets too!
        Last edited by RealRam; -11-05-2001, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by txramsfan
          Then I started reviewing how other teams have acted. It seems that after a 4 or 5 game win streak in the present NFL, a loss is inevitable. AJD, can you look that up on your statocaster?
          I couldn't find any good stats out there on this, just that the modern records for consecutive wins in a season are the '85 Bears (12), the '98 Broncos (13), and of course the '72 Dolphins (14).

I would think your initial review was right, that streaks are harder to come by in the NFL lately. But to find the stats, I guess one would have to go season by season and compile it by hand, or have a good memory (certainly much better than mine).

Comment

Working...
          X