X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rams WILL have a primetime game in 2012

Amazing News!!!

Per rotoworld

Commissioner Roger Goodell announced Friday that Thursday night NFL Network games will expand from eight to 13 in 2012.

NFL Network will carry Thursday night games from Week 2 to Week 15. Goodell also revealed that all 32 teams will be guaranteed at least one prime time game over the course of the season. As long as fantasy owners have access to the internet and/or Twitter, injury updates shouldn't be a concern for early-season Thursday games.
    After last years disasterous season I didnt think there would be any chance.

Thanks commish for giving all teams a shot at primetime.

Pumped.

Re: Rams WILL have a primetime game in 2012

So are the thursday games considered primetime games. If so, all the crappy teams will probably get those instead of Sunday Night or Monday Night

Comment

Originally posted by RamOG View Post
      So are the thursday games considered primetime games. If so, all the crappy teams will probably get those instead of Sunday Night or Monday Night
      Yeah TNF is primetime, obviously. But hey we can't complain. We will take any primetime game we can get off a 2-14 season.

Comment

Hey, the London game is Prime time in MY books

Comment

I think this is the league realizing that they need to help fanbases grow for bad teams, including in their own hometown. Giving bad teams primetime games gets the fans excited, and hopefully stirs up more general interest.

Sports is one of those odd types of business where survival of the fittest would actually result in the destruction of the league. All the teams have to be competitive and have healthy finances for the league to truly be successful.

Comment

Originally posted by RamOG View Post
            Right?!..So now we'll have to hope to be on primetime not sub-primetime!

Comment

I have always felt that every team, out of sheer fairness, should have at least one Prime Time game a year.
              Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Comment

Ok, I was just wondering I wasn't sure if it was considered primetime because not only of timing but also because it is on regular cable/local channels. Where as NFL network some cable companies don't offer it.

And agreed unorthodox, I think I would consider TNF 'sub-primetime'

*cough* TimeWarner Cable get on IT! *cough*

Comment

Meh... I don't see this as a good thing. Nationally televised games should be saved for "good" games between exciting teams. I would rather see my Rams earn their prime time slot because it is a game NFL fans want to see, not just fans of our team. This is like giving every kid a trophy for participation.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Rambunctious
                    2012 Rams Cheerleader Swimsuit Calendar
                    by Rambunctious
                    Just got mine in for 2012 and wanted to give a special shout out to....

Jayne, Taylor, Shannon, Paige, Christa, Jennifer, Holly, Kayla, Emily W, Brittany, Aimee, Tessa, Emily S, Aundrea, Tess, Morgan, Sheri, Ashley E, ahhh.... you get the point.
                    -09-13-2011, 09:42 PM
                  • fleet69
                    2012 Jets-Rams
                    by fleet69
                    Understand that our home game will be the annual event in London this year. Possibly announced tomorrow
                    -01-19-2012, 11:53 AM
                  • r8rh8rmike
                    2012 NFL Key Dates
                    by r8rh8rmike
                    2012 NFL key dates

ESPN.com

March 13, 2012: Start of free agency, 4 p.m. ET

March 13: Beginning of trade period, 4 p.m. ET

March 13: Deadline for submission of qualifying offers by clubs to retain exclusive negotiating rights to their players with fewer than three accrued seasons, 4 p.m. ET

March 13: Deadline for submission of qualifying offers by clubs to retain a right of first refusal / compensation to their RFAs, 4 p.m. ET

March 26-28, 2012: NFL owners' meetings , Palm Beach Fla.

Late March: Compensatory draft picks announced.

Late April: 2012 NFL schedule is announced.

April 26-28, 2012: NFL draft, New York

July 22: Deadline for unsigned UFA to sign with new clubs.

July 22: Deadline for transition players to sign with new clubs.

Late July: Training camps across the league begin.

Aug. 4, 2012: Hall of Fame enshrinement ceremony

Aug. 5, 2012: Hall of Fame Game: Arizona vs. New Orleans, Canton, Ohio, 8 p.m. ET

Aug. 28: Roster cutdown to 80 players

Sept. 2: Roster cutdown to 53 players.

Sept. 5, 2012: Regular-season opener, hosted by New York Giants
                    -03-11-2012, 09:58 AM
                  • AvengerRam_old
                    What are the "experts" overlooking when evaluating the 2012 Rams?
                    by AvengerRam_old
                    At this time each year, there are countless commentators providing league-wide overviews and predictions for the upcoming season.

Many... indeed, most of these commentators have little more than a superficial knowledge of the majority of teams they are evaluating.

As a result, these overviews and predictions often become a surface level "conventional wisdom," rather than analyses containing true insight on each team's potential.

We, on the other hand, spend our time focusing on the Rams. As a result, as a whole, we have more knowledge about the Rams than most of the commentators.

With that in mind, what quality of the 2012 Rams do you think the commentators are overlooking when they evaluate the 2012 Rams?
                    They are underestimating the O line given Wells and a healthy Saffold.
                    11.43%
                    They underestimate the impact of veterans Amendola and Steve Smith.
                    5.71%
                    They fail to foresee the emergence the Jackson/Pead combo as one of the league's best.
                    2.86%
                    They don't get that the Rams could have a top 10 DL this year.
                    17.14%
                    They underestimate the improvement to the LB corps.
                    2.86%
                    They have failed to see that the Rams are poised to have a great DB this year.
                    8.57%
                    They are underestimating Fisher's impact.
                    20.00%
                    They are underestimating Bradford's ability.
                    8.57%
                    They are underestimating the rookie class as a whole.
                    2.86%
                    They are pretty much on target with their evaluation of the Rams.
                    20.00%
                    -07-19-2012, 10:04 AM
                  • AvengerRam_old
                    Which Ram's Stock Has Risen The Most Since 2012?
                    by AvengerRam_old
                    Rams Stockwatch...

Which player has risen the most since last season?
                    Sam Bradford
                    2.94%
                    Austin Pettis
                    26.47%
                    Joe Barksdale
                    20.59%
                    Michael Brockers
                    8.82%
                    Robert Quinn
                    29.41%
                    Trumaine Johnson
                    2.94%