Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This May Have Been The Worst Ram Performance I've Seen

In one half...

2 PRs for 130+ yards resulting in 14 points...

1 muffed kickoff return...

4 three and outs...

Marshall - averaging less than 1 yard per carry...

Bulger - 3 picks... 2 inside the 10 yard line...

Over 10 penalties on the day...

I typically give credit to the opponent after a loss, but in this case, I have to say that there is no way the Rams should be losing to this team, and yet, due to the worst half of football I've ever seen the Rams play (perhaps I'll change my mind as I rethink this later, but right now I can't think of a worse performance), they are getting slaughtered.

Its a shame.

This team really had a chance to turn the corner after last week, but now...

Ugh!

Re: This May Have Been The Worst Ram Performance I've Seen

We looked good in the first quarter....but what happenned after that?
    temp_4394_1467243487543_20
    RAMS!

Comment

we hit that 17 point thing. ..................

Comment

All I can say right now is this: to the Bills fan that visited here a couple of days ago or so, saying this game was going to be "all Rams" and expected Buffalo to lose:

"Don't give up on your team like that!" :tough: This was a bad, shameful loss for us, the Rams. Shame on you for doubting your team that way.

I think we can still regroup and save a little face, hopefully with Seattle's help, or if you prefer, with Miami's support today.

Good grief!

Comment

The only performance I could think of that was close was the first half of the Patriots Super Bowl. This was dreadful and brought back many bad memories of past teams.

Comment

if there's one word to describe the ram defense, it's CONSISTENCY... :confused:

Comment

Originally posted by rampete
              if there's one word to describe the ram defense, it's CONSISTENCY... :confused:
              don't you mean INconsistency?
              temp_4394_1467243487543_20
              RAMS!

Comment

Actually, the defense wasn't necessarily the problem today. It was special teams and turnovers, if you ask me, that did the Rams in.

Buffalo only had 294 yards offense.

Comment

Lets remember that most the plays against the Rams defence were against second and 3rd string DB's. Travis Fisher loss was huge. On the other page this game comes down to special teams putting the team outta the game. They were able to sit back and protect knowing the Rams were gonna pass. I really think Landetta might want to just kick the ball out of bounds every time.

Comment

This one hurts.

Special Teams was horrendous. Good grief!

Comment

Avenger, i beg to differ. The defense was terrible in the first half. Buffalo didnt do much in the second half offensively, but the game was over after the two punt returns and the muffed kickoff. We scored 17 points in the first half and could not stop them at all, and this is against a 3-6 team missing a wide receiver. We gave up close to 200 yards in the first half to buffalo. How can that not be part of the problem.

general counsel

Comment

Why didn't Mike Martz "call out the team" again like last week? :tongue:

Comment

Speaking of special teams, I thought Bobby April was the root of our problems last year? Are the Buffalo players that much better than the Rams players on special teams to overcome his supposed bad coaching?

The Rams special teams have been bad since 2000. Every year, the unit never seems to get better. Anyone have a good reason why?

Comment

I have an idea. look who has been at the helm since 2000. I know he is not the only one judging talent in this organization, but he is a bad judge of talent when it comes to the defensive and special teams side of the ball. and since Horne left, the Rams own KR game has been pathetic.

this trend will never end until head personnel changes are made, and that includes Martz and Shaw, like it or not.

for all you Martz supporters out there, you can support the HC as long as you want. it's like going down with a sinking ship instead of jumping into the life raft. I just don't get it.

the Rams are the ONLY team to lose to the Dolphins. he should have been fired for that game alone.

disagree with me all you want, but mark my words, this team will NEVER win the Big One until he is gone. I've said it before and I stand by my statement. the 2000 team was the best chance he had and he couldn't get it done.

time for a change or look forward to the 90's again.

Comment

Buffalo fans are the most fickle in the country. I was in the stands when they BOOED Bledsoe in the first quarter before he took a snap. Then, magically, 3 hours later, he's supposedly the second coming of the almighty Jim Kelly (who most forget didn't want to play in Buffalo so he went to the USFL). Their team is up by 20 and everyone is hitting the exits.

The problems with the Special Teams must be traced to Martz. Different coordinators, different players, same results.

Comment

Working...
                              X