Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Butler is the man to bad he is the only one....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butler is the man to bad he is the only one....

Butler played great again. He shut down their best guy. I really think if Travis Fisher did not get hurt this would be a different game. Butler keep playing your heart out man.

Re: Butler is the man. Too bad he is the only one...

Yes, JB played hard, and well. I think Tinoisamoa and Little did too.

Right now it is hard to spell out and describe all the elements that went so wrong, judging from our overall performance.

There seemed to be a decent amount of effort by the Rams. Execution was just not achieved.

That is, badly, seriously underachieved. :confused:

Comment

Re: Butler is the man to bad he is the only one....

Guys, we just dont have the talent on the defensive side of the ball, and when you take fisher out of the game, we are a totally different defense. Special teams are beyond description. there are no words.

general counsel

Comment

Coming home from the game, I tried to figure out exactly what went wrong and to be honest, I have no idea. The special teams gave up 14 points, but then there's the other 6. The defense didn't play bad. The offense did went home after the first quarter.

One question.....We're down by TWENTY POINTS, why in the hell are they RUNNING THE BALL, something that didn't work all game?

Comment

Originally posted by DJRamFan
          Coming home from the game, I tried to figure out exactly what went wrong and to be honest, I have no idea. The special teams gave up 14 points, but then there's the other 6. The defense didn't play bad. The offense did went home after the first quarter.

One question.....We're down by TWENTY POINTS, why in the hell are they RUNNING THE BALL, something that didn't work all game?
          Martz was outsmarting the opposition. You see, they were expecting the pass. Martz showed them a thing or two! Always doing the unexpected! What a grand coach we have!

Comment

Please, Martz is always in a lose-lose situation. Had he not run the ball, people would be *****ing about giving up on it and not using it to catch the defense off guard.

Comment

Did the defense look ok to you when we were getting torched the entire first half? By the time the defense was on the field in the second half, the game was basically over.

general counsel

Comment

Did the defense look ok to you when we were getting torched the entire first half?
                The defence looked great until Fisher got hurt. Butler destroyed Moulds and pretty much removed him from the game. If Fisher stayed in game it would be very different.

Actually no it would'nt the special teams still sucked.

Comment

Butler had a good game, but that's the epitome of the Rams this year. He's inconsistent.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• general counsel
                    health of butler
                    by general counsel
                    I have been reading numerous posts on this board, some of which are in the brooks thread from earlier today, that reference butler returning as if its a done deal. I sincerely hope that everyone is right about that and i appreciate that it appears as if he is on the road to recovery. However, he is recovering from major knee surgery and no one has seen him close to game action yet. This isnt simply a question of if he will be back, its a question of if he will be back as good as he was before and to me, thats still an open question at this point. We also have no evidence that bartell can cover anyone yet. Brown is ok, good for depth. I still dont think groce is a lost cause. However, assuming that we dont need travis fisher at this point, especially in the context of assuming that butler will be back and be as good as new, is aggressive thinking to me. I am not saying its wrong, just aggressive and still optimistic. Trading a guy away for an out of shape bad attitude guy who is highly unlikely to help us now doesnt seem to make sense to me. If you told me brooks was in football shape and at the minimum was going to contribute on special teams, i might have a different view on him, but i think travis fisher is better suited as a cheap insurance policy for now and it doesnt make sense to dump him yet.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
                    -05-24-2006, 08:21 PM
                    Kudos to jeremetrius butler
                    by Guest
                    Larry Fitzgerald looks like a very special wide receiver to me, not that i am exactly going out on a limb there.

Notwithstanding the foregoing, despite our lack of a pass rush for nearly all of the game, i thought that butler was terrrific covering fitzgerald down the field. Fitzgeralds catches were of the spectacular variety and butler was on him like white on rice all day. Butler will take on peerless price next week, but we need a better pass rush.

ramming speed to all

sign the big man

general counsel
                    -09-12-2004, 05:50 PM
                    Game Ball / Jerametrius Butler
                    by Guest
                    Butler inactive all season wins the game for the Rams by falling on the rock how ironic.
                    -10-08-2006, 02:51 PM
                  • RamWraith
                    Rams are not in Butler's corner
                    by RamWraith
                    By Jim Thomas
                    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
                    10/06/2006

Back in April, Jerametrius Butler sounded almost defiant when quizzed about the arrival of free-agent cornerback Fakhir Brown.

"There's two corners -- left and right -- and I know I'm going to be on the left side," Butler said at the time.

His pride was showing in those remarks, which was understandable. Before missing the entire 2005 season with a right knee injury, Butler had been a two-year starter for the Rams.

In 2003, he shared the team lead in interceptions (four). In 2004, he accounted for five of the Rams' league-low six interceptions and finished second among league DBs with 22 breakups.
                    Advertisement

But with the exception of three exhibitions in August, Butler hasn't seen the field on game day since '04. Brown and Travis Fisher won the starting corner jobs in training camp. First-round draft pick Tye Hill won the third corner job in the nickel package. That made Butler the odd man out.

But the real shocker came on game day once the regular-season started: Butler has been among the Rams' pregame inactives in all four games.

"I was surprised a long time ago," Butler said. "But this is Week 5. I haven't played yet. I just come in Wednesday to Friday, get my work in, give the offense a look, then I'm done."

So what's going on?

"You've got to ask the coaches," Butler said. "I don't know. I just come to work."

"Just be consistent in practice," coach Scott Linehan said. "Being able to find more ways to help. Special teams being one of them."

For Butler, the pride of last spring has given way to the frustration of the fall.

"It's tough," Butler said. "The coaches told me the only way I'll play is if somebody gets hurt. ... I guess I've got to wait until somebody gets hurt. Maybe I'll go run them over with my car or something, so I can play."

He was just kidding, obviously, about the car.

"I don't want to do that," he said, laughing.

Butler says his surgically repaired knee hasn't been a problem since he was cleared to practice full-go in May. A hamstring injury, which bothered him in May as well as early in training camp, no longer is an issue, either. "I'm good," he said. "There's nothing wrong with me."

But once Hill earned the job in the nickel package, there really was nowhere for Butler to play. On game day, the coaching staff has decided to dress only three true corners: Brown, Fisher, and Hill. Backup safety Jerome Carter is the dime back. Ron Bartell can swing between safety and corner, while helping on special teams.

All of which has left Butler in street clothes during games....
                    -10-06-2006, 06:02 AM
                  • RamWraith
                    Butler's Work not Done
                    by RamWraith
                    Wednesday, March 11, 2009

By Nick Wagoner
                    Senior Writer

Deep beyond the smiling face and pleasant demeanor, James Butler is burning. Since the weekend of April 23 and 24, 2005, Butler has carried this with him as motivation.

After an accomplished career at Georgia Tech, Butler watched idly as 20 safeties came off the draft board. Expecting to be selected at some point, Butler couldn’t believe that his name was never called.

“It was very tough,” Butler said. “Just to watch some of the guys going before me, I was like ‘Man, these guys aren’t better than me.” I think every player goes through that. Every player has things they have to go through. I went through that and I just have to go with the punches that were dealt and that’s what happened.”

Instead of worrying about what didn’t happen, Butler decided to focus on making his own luck. He signed with the New York Giants as an undrafted free agent on May 6.

Fast forward four years to Wednesday and here’s Butler sitting at a table, addressing the St. Louis media after inking a lucrative four-year contract to become the team’s starting strong safety.

It was a day that seemed so far away on that April weekend.

“It helped my motivation,” Butler said. “I think that’s the biggest thing. Every player has a motivation whether they are trying to provide for their family, whatever it is. That was my motivation.”

Butler’s journey from undrafted free agent to successful, starting NFL safety isn’t necessarily an unusual tale. Plenty of players have worked hard enough to make an impression and stick on NFL rosters.

Not many have done it with the quick level of success of Butler, though. That it happened with the Rams is little surprise.

After battling his way on to the roster as a rookie, Butler spent two years under relative anonymity, contributing mostly on special teams with the occasional appearance on the defense.

Following his second season in New York, the Giants hired a new fire brand defensive coordinator named Steve Spagnuolo.

Spagnuolo gave Butler his first starting opportunity in 2007 and Butler rewarded that confidence with a solid first year including a team leading nine tackles in the team’s stunning Super Bowl XLII victory against the Patriots.

That relationship with Spagnuolo only grew last year and when Spagnuolo accepted the head coach position in St. Louis in the same winter that Butler was due for unrestricted free agency, the next stop of Butler’s career seemed clear.

“I think it was the biggest part of the decision,” Butler said. “Coach ‘Spags’ gave me my first opportunity to be a starter in the league and he helped my career grow, so I felt that I wanted to go along with him with the Rams.”

Of course, it takes two to make a deal but Spagnuolo wanted...
                    -03-12-2009, 05:19 AM
                  Working...
                  X