Further proof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Further proof

Its the middle of a game in which the Rams are getting crushed and all you want to do is post about Kurt Freakin' Warner! Mok, Rebel13 - you guys take the cake.
    Why are you lumping me in with this? Bulgerites are the one's who constantly bring up Warner. Not to mention, pouting, whining and now, closing a thread because they are upset about the Rams game. Very classy moderator.

Re: Further proof

Win or loose I still support this team and the players and coaches that play on it.

Comment

Tell the truth rebel. Sarcastic or not sarcastic you brought up Warner. Plain and simple this game had nothing to do with Warner/Bulger situation. The problems started b4 Bulger threw a pick. It all started when the special teams decided to suck. I have problems with this teams Dr Jekyl/Mr Hyde thing. Martz is not my favorite for when I see a problem with consistancy it is my general view to think the coach is not firing the boys up. I dont think Martz is a bad coach I just think he likes do things different every week. I think he outsmarts his team rather then outsmarts his opponents. Wraith is right though as long as Martz has the Horns I will have to root for him. I dont think Mok wants this team to lose but I have my doubts when it comes to you Rebel.

Comment

Originally posted by RamWraith
        Win or loose I still support this team and the players and coaches that play on it.
        First of all its 'win or LOSE'...not LOOSE!! Its all good to continue to support the team...DUHH. To make a blanket statement about supporting 'players and coaches' after REPEATED POOR/INCONSISTANT PERFORMANCE and DECISION MAKING is like saying youll continue to DRIVE YOUR CAR when you see smoke BILLOWING OUT from under the hood and the gauges all are PEGGED!! Simply arrogant ignorance.
        "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

Comment

Tell the truth rebel. Sarcastic or not sarcastic you brought up Warner.
          I'd disagree with that since the original post in the thread was taking a subltle shot at Warnerites by posting Bulger's TD total against Warner's. There was a reason why the poster didn't use the league's best, unlike all the other comparisons, when listing Bulger's total.

A Bulgerite stirred this pot, plain and simple.

Comment

While the game today was horrible, a definite trap game if there ever was one, I think the Rams will bounce back next week against Green Bay. The MNF atmosphere as well as being a divisional game, I think, will elevate the Rams level of play.

This, of course, is the problem I have been dealing with with the Rams for the past few years. One week they will look great, beat a division rival in a pivotal game and then just tank it the next week against a team with a losing record(see Miami and Buffalo).

Obviously the o-line and special teams, just like every year since 2000, are the biggest problems the Rams have to deal with. Time for them to step up again and try to reclaim first place. Depending on other teams to help them win the division will be their downfall in the long run though. They need to take care of their own business and play within themselves.

What the hell was that weird reverse handoff to Marshall on the 1st and goal play anyway? The timing of these "trick" plays really needs to improve. I wish Martz wouldn't fart around so much in the red zone.

Comment

Ugh, I feel like I'm at the PD board with all these personal shots.

Comment

I'd disagree with that since the original post in the thread was taking a subltle shot at Warnerites by posting Bulger's TD total against Warner's. There was a reason why the poster didn't use the league's best, unlike all the other comparisons, when listing Bulger's total.

A Bulgerite stirred this pot, plain and simple.
                Rebel has stirred many pots and does it usually in a very non productive way using shallow insults and insulting peoples intelligence. The original post had nothing to do with this game did it??? You are on the defensive man if you are that worried about a comparison to KW and Bulger in one catagory.

I am not a Bulgerite and I really have lost faith in Martz, everyone I think knows that, I am not subtle. I like Bulger and think the Rams made a tough decision yet a decision that was needed for the future of this team. A coach putting it all on the players is usually a desperate coach. He is right the defence sucks but he knew this in the off season and did little to try to fix it. He is a firm beleiver that his offences could make up for lack of defence. That is my opinion for he does not fix the defence. Everyone could tell last year that the defence needed some new life. I gave Martz respect last week I think he has the ability to be a great coach but his ego gets in the way.

My question, if you care to respond, was "Where has that high powered Martz devised offense gone?"
                Simple it has gotten older, the line has broken up, Hakim is in Detroit, Hodgins (one of the best blocking FBS i have ever seen)is gone, Cleeland left us, Proehl is playing with Carolina, the soldiers have started to fight for other teams. Any more questions.

Comment

I will only say this once.

I am working away from home at the moment so my time is limited.

When I return to the forum, any post that has a personal attack on it,
                  to a fellow member of the ClanRam,
                  a Ram player or
                  a Ram coach, will have that post removed.

Any futher attempts by the offending poster will see him or her removed.

Is that plain and simple?

If you want to indulge in mud slinging, waddle off to one of the other forums that allow it.

Comment

Rebel has stirred many pots and does it usually in a very non productive way using shallow insults and insulting peoples intelligence. The original post had nothing to do with this game did it??? You are on the defensive man if you are that worried about a comparison to KW and Bulger in one catagory.
                    1) I am defensive about it because I'm sick of the double standard as well as the altruistic, persucuted act that so many Rams fans display when talking about Bulger.

2) You're missing the point if you think it was a harmless comparison. I know exactly what he was trying to do and I'm calling him on it. Warner was my favorite Ram and is my favorite player. After all the bologna that's gone on with his career, not to mention plenty of mistakes on the field, Warner fans are easy targets. I wear my bullseye with pride but that doesn't mean I won't shoot back. If you wanna bring it, you better be ready to get some back.

Why is it when someone starts a thread like this, that's basically taking a shot at Warner fans, the response is something like: "it's just a joke" or "you don't have a sense of humor" etc., etc. But if the subjects are reversed and someone is roasting Bulger, they're just a hate filled Warnerite living in the past, the thread is either moved or closed altogether and we all have to listen to how great Bulger is but he just doesn't have the right support. Do Bulgerites even know how hypocritcal that is?

I've been perfectly content to talk about Warner next door at the "general NFL talk" forum, the Thanksgiving equivelant of the kid's table, haven't started any threads comparing Warner and Bulger nor questioned the handling of Warner's departure from the Rams. But I'll tell you right now, I'm not going to sit on my hands when a "respected" poster starts a thread that takes a shot at one of the best things to ever happen to the Rams.

Comment

Lighten up dude!
                      Why don't you just go and buy Giant jerseys and be done with it... oh, wait... Warner is no longer starting. I guess you'll have to wait until next year to see who your new favorite team is going to be.
                      You know what, the last thing we need on this board today is a Bulger thread being taken over with Warnerite BS.
                      (please don't speak for all of us. I get enough of that from the government)

These are the types of things I get directed my way when I'm having a nice, pleasant conversation about Bulger's chances of making it into the pro-bowl this year.

Now, while Rebel13 may ruffle some feathers, nothing he said in this particular thread warranted it being closed. I think whoever's got their "finger on the button" is a little too sensitive about these things. If you can't handle different opinions than your own, a public forum isn't a good place to hang out. I understand that Rebel13 may have said things in the past that warrants criticism but shouldn't a thread be judged on it's content? Just because he's done things one way or another in the past doesn't mean he's out of line in this case.
                      Last edited by ; -11-22-2004, 03:35 AM.

Comment

I have grown extremely tired by this nonsense, so I will respond once, and only once.

There is such a thing as timing.

Anyone who has been around these boards knows that when the Rams get beat, posters come here to vent off steam. That is what was happening yesterday, and right there in the middle of it, there were posters trying to get the old Warner/Bulger debate going again.

I decided - as a Moderator acting in the best interests of the board - that the discussion being initiated on the main board (rather than the General NFL board) at that time by a couple of posters was inappropriate in that context, so I put an end to it.

I don't regret it, and I'd do it again.

And I don't care who doesn't like it.

Comment

THIS IS GENUINELY NOT DIRECTED AT ANY ONE PERSON O GROUP AT ALL. I DONT DISLIKE BULGER OR WARNER.

Just for my 2 pence(or cents) worth!!

I think that this is all a self fullfilling profecy..

Somebody posts warner stuff IT MUST BE ANTI BULGER!! Warner is past it etc..etc..

somebody posts posative bulger remark MUST BE ANTI WARNER, bulger hasn't won an mvp yet etc etc...

there is far too much water under the bridge for warnerites and bulgerites to be logical with one another or sometimes even fair.

Warner posters fell hard done by because they feel he should not have been pushed. Unfortunately this is an arguement that cannot be solved, ever, he is gone and complaining or comparing wont bring him back. Bulgerites do the same, comparing. Why? they feel hard done by bececause he is often not given respect for how good he is, rather how he isn't the best qb ever, they feel the need to prove he was the right choice, comparing to warner (of today, not of what used to be, come on, who compares to kurts first 3 years, what offense compares to that one, not many.But for whatever reasons those days are gone.)

Stating facts doesn't mean you hate somebody or disrepect them, its just FACTS!

At the end of the day, if you dont like an pro-bulger comment or a anti bulger comment or pro/anti warner comments. DONT RESPOND!! Let them argue with themselves. I wont argue who started he arguement in the first place,

BUT IF YOU CARRY IT ON THEN DONT BLAME ANYONE FOR THEIR COMMENTS!!
                          The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

Comment

More drama than my senior year of high school! Wowzers! :bored:

Comment

Working...
                            X