Rams sign OG/T Robert Turner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rams sign OG/T Robert Turner

" #Rams signed former #Jets OL Robert Turner earlier today, 2 sources confirmed. He visited the Rams recently. "

- Adam Caplan

I wouldn't think its too much other than depth.

A little background on him :

6'4, 308 lbs, 27 years old. He's played in 41 games, only started 2. He looks to be the backup to Dahl/our LG. He broke his ankle in the preseason this past year.
    Last edited by sosa39rams; -03-30-2012, 06:52 PM.

Re: Rams sign OG/T Robert Turner

Holy Adam Goldberg batman!

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

Ha, I remember watching this guy for many, many Saturdays here in Albuquerque. My high school lineman coach was Turner's teammate for a couple years at UNM, and I remember him telling me that Turner was the strongest man he'd ever met. I know its just a depth signing, but I'll be rooting for Turner to make it in The Lou. :helmet:

Comment

Originally posted by Fettmaster View Post
        ... The Lou. :helmet:
        For our friends in Britain and Ireland, he meant St Louis, not the toilet.

I know, I know, loo. Just couldn't pass it up.
        That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

Comment

Ahaa, the final piece is in place. Next stop Super Bowl.

Seriously, probably a good depth signing. I'm sensing Jeff and Les want players who are durable and not prone to getting injured. I don't know the background on Turner's health history, but let's hope he'll contribute on the field. I assume he's young so there will be some upside growth potential here.

Go Rams!

Comment

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• general counsel
              Sign the Big Bison for the O Line
              by general counsel
              I like the idea of signing up the Big Bison as a backup tackle for this weekend. In addition to his charm, guile and good looks in the clubhouse, he adds a much needed mean streak to help protect the backside of the Fleeing Crimson Crusader, our boy Honey Fitz.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
              -12-02-2005, 03:07 PM
            • RamDez
              Rams Sign C Larry Turner To Three-year Contract
              by RamDez
              By ClanRam Staff

The St. Louis Rams signed C Larry Turner to a three-year contract, the team announced today.

Turner, 6-2, 295, was the first of two Rams’ seventh-round draft selections (238th overall) from Eastern Kentucky University. Voted Most Valuable Offensive Lineman, Turner made the successful move to center as a senior after playing guard for his first three seasons. Last season, he surrendered only two sacks and blocked for an offense that averaged 391.4 yards per game, earning all-Ohio Valley Conference first-team selection in his first year at center. As a junior, the New Carlisle, Ohio native earned all-Ohio Valley Conference first-team honors as he started all season at strong-side offensive guard, and blocked for an offense that averaged 381.5 yards per game.

Turner is the second 2004 Rams’ draft pick to sign a contract, after S Jason Shivers....
              -06-24-2004, 02:06 PM
            • ramsanddodgers
              Rams Neon sign
              by ramsanddodgers
              Just saw this on e-Bay

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-NFL-Saint-Lo...QQcmdZViewItem

There were several listed but pretty cool.
              -11-18-2007, 12:08 PM
            • Nick
              Rams sign OL Quinn Ojinnaka
              by Nick
              Quoting Jim Thomas on Twitter...

@jthom1: That was quick. Offensive tackle Quinn Ojinnaka, formerly of the Colts, has agreed to terms on a one-year deal with Rams.
              -03-22-2012, 05:13 PM
            • RamDez
              Rams Sign G Nütten to One Year Deal
              by RamDez
              Rams Sign G Nütten to One Year Deal
              Tuesday, July 26, 2005

ST. LOUIS – G Tom Nütten has signed a one-year contract with the St. Louis Rams, the team announced today.

Nütten will be entering his eighth NFL season and sixth with the Rams in 2005. The Western Michigan product played in eight games for the Rams last year, starting six at left guard after sitting out the 2003 season.

Nütten played for the Rams from 1998-2002 before signing a free agent contract with the New York Jets in 2003 and retiring prior to the start of the regular season. The Rams signed him last year on August 20.

For his career, Nütten has played in 69 games, starting 63 in the regular season, and has started all nine postseason contests he has appeared in.

:clanram:
              -07-26-2005, 09:59 AM
            Working...
            X