To all Clanrammers- esp. those in New Jersey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To all Clanrammers- esp. those in New Jersey

Just met Dick Vermeil. He is making appearances at various liquor stores in the Jackson, Toms River and Manahawkin parts of Ocean County today 3/31 and tomorrow 4/1. A complete list of his appearances is on the Vermeil wines website. He is signing bottles of his wine but will also sign anything you wish- no charge.

I stopped by the Jackson Plaza Wines after high school baseball practice today and met him. Wonderful guy, as you might expect- super nice and personable. I walked in with my Kurt Warner jersey on and he was thrilled, saying "wow, does THIS bring back good memories!" I told him what an honor it was to meet him and told him I wish he'd never left. Made a bunch of small talk for a good 10 minutes. He told me he just got a text from Mike Gruttadauria, the center on the SB Championship team. He asked me how I became a Rams fan. When I told him I loved Jack Youngblood and Nolan Cromwell as a kid, he smiled and said "You know I was on staff under Tommy Prothro when we drafted Jack. And I still see Nolan every once in awhile". He expressed a tinge of disappointment that the Rams have been bad- said good things about both Devaney and Spags as people- but was confident "Fisher was moving things in the right drection".

Definitely a thrill today. Got a picture taken with him and he signed a bottle of wine, a mini helmet and a Super Bowl picture for me.

Re: To all Clanrammers- esp. those in New Jersey

Originally posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Just met Dick Vermeil. He is making appearances at various liquor stores in the Jackson, Toms River and Manahawkin parts of Ocean County today 3/31 and tomorrow 4/1. A complete list of his appearances is on the Vermeil wines website. He is signing bottles of his wine but will also sign anything you wish- no charge.

I stopped by the Jackson Plaza Wines after high school baseball practice today and met him. Wonderful guy, as you might expect- super nice and personable. I walked in with my Kurt Warner jersey on and he was thrilled, saying "wow, does THIS bring back good memories!" I told him what an honor it was to meet him and told him I wish he'd never left. Made a bunch of small talk for a good 10 minutes. He told me he just got a text from Mike Gruttadauria, the center on the SB Championship team. He asked me how I became a Rams fan. When I told him I loved Jack Youngblood and Nolan Cromwell as a kid, he smiled and said "You know I was on staff under Tommy Prothro when we drafted Jack. And I still see Nolan every once in awhile". He expressed a tinge of disappointment that the Rams have been bad- said good things about both Devaney and Spags as people- but was confident "Fisher was moving things in the right drection".

Definitely a thrill today. Got a picture taken with him and he signed a bottle of wine, a mini helmet and a Super Bowl picture for me.
    That's unreal man! Congrats, wish I could meet him! Sounds like a very genuine guy, which is what I got from watching and listening to him on the T.V anyways.

Did he at any point in that convo start crying?

Comment

Dude! That's so awesome! My timing is awful, I live in New Jersey but I'm studying abroad in England right now! Damn!
      Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Comment

Grats man, thats sweet as heck.

We will rally around Dick Vermeil, and we will drink good wine!!!

Comment

Amazing! I'm glad you got to chat it up for a bit instead of being rushed away.

Comment

NJ, I am jealous That is just great. Class act wearing the jersey of the ONLY QB ever to be at the helm of a Ram team to bring home a SB win!! Vermeil seems real and he is from wine country in Nor Cal so it is only fitting he has his own thing going in that regard. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Oh thats great...I live in north Jersey and have little time to drive down i wish he would come up north

Comment

Originally posted by BarronWade View Post
                Oh thats great...I live in north Jersey and have little time to drive down i wish he would come up north
                Yo Barron what county? I live in Bergen County north jersey

Comment

Originally posted by Fettmaster View Post
                  Amazing! I'm glad you got to chat it up for a bit instead of being rushed away.
                  I was fortunate- I got there kind of early during the signing and there were only a couple of people in the store. Got to chat for a little bit- real relaxed and not at all rushed. If I wasn't so computer-stupid, I'd post the picture i took with him- it came out great. And he also had his Super Bowl ring on!!

Comment

Ohh great last thing we need is Snooki to get ahold of more wine !!!:o

haha but for the reals that is really cool! I bet that was a awesome experience!!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• AvengerRam_old
                      Ordered my custom jersey!
                      by AvengerRam_old
                      Here's what it will look like:

Decided to go with #49 in honor of Rod Perry.

The reason(s)?

Well, the first time I played any kind of organized football, I was a CB and Rod Perry was the guy I pretended to be (and, of course, Perry was #49).

Also, in terms of "moments frozen in time," Rod Perry's near miss of the ball on Stallworth's TD in the Steelers Super Bowl is etched in my memory (in part, due to the famous SI cover). Despite the loss, my status as a proud Rams fan was set in stone after that season, and I've been looking for the Rams to "Avenge" that loss since (which they did, to an extent, in 1999).

The final reason is practical: NO CHANCE THAT MY JERSEY WILL BECOME OUTDATED (i.e. my Bruce and Holt jerseys!).

I'll be wearing the new jersey proudly on Opening Day!

Getting psyched!...
                      -08-28-2009, 01:55 PM
                    • SamzRamz
                      Where to buy throw back jersey "84"
                      by SamzRamz
                      Hello Fellow Rams Fans....It's been a long time since I've been on this site. But, I've still been supporting our Rams! Anyway, I'm in the search of a Jack Snow white jersey. I haven't seen one for sale for several years now. Does anyone know where I can get one or where I can have one made? My wife and I are going to the Rams/Cards game in December, and I'd love to wear Jack's jersey. He was one of my favorite players when I was a kid. A matter of fact, he was the reason I was a receiver in Pop Warner! I had to wear number 82 back then, because 84 was taken....bummer! We watch all the Rams games at home, but this year our kids got us two tickets for the game for our anniversary (31 years!). I typically watch the Rams/Cards games with my dad (he's 81 years old and still a Rams fan). My wife will be wearing my Deacon Jones jersey that day, so I'd love to get a Snow jersey. I have other Rams jerseys, but I'd love to wear Jack Snow's number. Thanks in advance.... Oh yeah...on the way back from Vegas last week, as we were driving through Henderson, NV, we saw a big horn sheep (Ram) eating grass on the side of the road in broad daylight next to the highway! I've never seen one that close, especially on a busy highway! I'm taking that as a sign of good things to come! :-)
                      -08-23-2013, 06:52 PM
                    • r8rh8rmike
                      'Ochcinco' Will Adorn The Back Of His Jersey
                      by r8rh8rmike
                      Fri May 15, 2009 10:58 am EDT

'Ochocinco' will adorn the back of his jersey
                      By MJD

The Bengals wide receiver who was born "Chad Johnson" finally gets his wish this season for a really clever and awesome name on the back of his jersey. Sort of.

I think he wanted "Ocho Cinco," which is Spanish for "Eight Five." He'll be settling for "Ochocinco," though, which is just as nonsensical in Spanish as it is in English.

Why doesn't he get the two-word version he wanted? Because that's not how he filled out the form. He wrote "Ochocinco" on the legally binding name-change document in Florida, so that's his legal name, and that's what will be on his jersey. One might think that when a man changes his name for the rest of eternity, he'd be pretty careful when filling out the form. Guess not.

He wanted to make the change last year, but couldn't, because Reebok had already printed up all the "C. Johnson" jerseys that they planned to sell in '08, and if Chad wanted to change, he'd have had to pay for them all. The coast is clear in '09, though, the NFL and Reebok are on board, and are, in fact, already selling the Ochocinco jerseys.

I hope it's worth it for him. I hope whatever thrill or giggle he gets out of taking the field with "Ochocinco" on the back of his jersey makes him as happy as he thought it would. At this point, I don't think it amuses anyone else all that much.
                      -05-15-2009, 03:36 PM
                    • thoey
                      If you could have any Ram's Jersey...
                      by thoey
                      I have a buddy that just came back from a trip to Korea. One of the things he brought back was an "authentic" Cowboys jersey he bought for $15. I know it is not exactly what you would pay $200 for from NFL.COM, but it was the same heavy material, colors, emblems, patches, and all.

He is planning another trip there within the next month and I am thinking of getting a couple new jerseys. I figure I will go with someone current for one jersey. I already have an authentic Faulk, and replica's of Arch, Jackson, and Warner. I am thinking either Holt, Bruce, or Bulgar.

For the second jersey, I was thinking of a throwback. So, my question is, if you could have any Ram's jersey throughout history, which would it be?

I became a fan of the Ram's in the mid-seventies, so the names of Haden, Youngblood, Deacon, Dickerson all come to mind. But who do you think is that one person that symbolizes the Ram's?
                      -10-12-2005, 07:18 AM
                    • Dr. Defense
                      I need a new jersey
                      by Dr. Defense
                      After going through my closest I recently stumbled upon my sole Rams jersey, that of Kurt Warner. So I decided that it was time to get a new jersey. So which one do you think I should get? I've also heard that it depends on your body type (mine is 6'0 and 165). Unsure if I should go with a proven vet, or go with someone that no one knows about except us die hard Rams fans. Also where can I get the cheapest one?
                      bulger
                      10.00%
                      jackson
                      30.00%
                      holt
                      10.00%
                      pace
                      0.00%
                      icognito
                      10.00%
                      setterstrom
                      0.00%