Throwback uni's this weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throwback uni's this weekend?

With Thanksgiving on the way, at least four teams will probably be wearing throwback jerseys this week. Think the Rams will break out the blue and yellow or, -gasp-, even the blue and white?

Re: Throwback uni's this weekend?

...Or -gasp- even the blue and white? --NickSeiler
    Ahhhh, that would be something to be thankful for, and something to assuage my anger!

Thanks, Nick.

Comment

I'd like to see them breakout the old blue an white uniforms against the ..........
      JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS
      :ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram:

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
      Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Comment

Rather than the throwback uniforms, which i agree would be pretty cool, i would like to see us break out the throwback pass rush.

general counsel

Comment

I am lookingfor Blue and White. :ramlogo:

Comment

The Rams don't seem to be very interested in participating in the throwback weekends. I don't understand this since they wore the 50's throwbacks many times during the Bettis/Miller led offense(95?).

I have always wanted to see them wear the alternate gold jersey's as well. Most people seem to hate them but it would be nice if the Rams participated in some way or another.

I guess it just depends on how nostalgic you are but I've heard that Spanos(sp?), the owner of the Chargers Hates(yes, that's a capial "H") the powder blue throwbacks(which everyone else seems to love) but the Chargers wear them at least once a year. Most likely for marketing purposes but nonetheless they wear them.

The Rams, in general, seem like they've never been overly interested in merchandise sales to me. They always seem to have the fewest varieties of hats available, limited posters of their players, and so on. I'm just comparing this to other teams that do a lot merchandising. I mean, I see Packers, Broncos, Cowboys and Bears stuff here in California so it can't be just a regional thing.

I thought I read somewhere that Martz didn't like the alternate jerseys but I don't know if he feels the same about the throwbacks too? Is Martz making this decision or the front office?

Comment

guess it just depends on how nostalgic you are but I've heard that Spanos(sp?), the owner of the Chargers Hates(yes, that's a capial "H") the powder blue throwbacks(which everyone else seems to love) but the Chargers wear them at least once a year. Most likely for marketing purposes but nonetheless they wear them. Moke
              I HATE them too, but they are all over town. Some fans even want those colors to be in the new uniforms they have been talking about.

It would be interesting to see the Rams wear the gold jerseys with blue pants.
              JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS
              :ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram:

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
              Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Comment

It would be interesting to see the Rams wear the gold jerseys with blue pants.
                Personally, I think the gold jerseys would look good with gold, white or blue pants. I always like the modernized version of the powder blue uniforms in SD. With the shiny material and sleeker cut, they always looked pretty cool to me.

Comment

I heard the Rams didn't wear throwbacks last season because Georgia didn't submit something on time. Don't know the details, don't know if it's true.

Comment

Late 60s throwback uni's this weekend?

Rather than the throwback uniforms, which I agree would be pretty cool, I would like to see us break out the throwback pass rush. --GC
                    Well put, GC. How great would that be! Victory White, Royal Blue. I'll be okay with the fact that the face masks cannot, should not be mid-late 60s throwbacks.

Also, a fast/furious, fearsome pass rush to match. I know it's too much to ask. :upset:

Hey, for a while I had forgotten that Jack Youngblood began his illustrious career w/the Rams in this uniform.

Ram reminiscing.
                    Last edited by RealRam; -11-26-2004, 08:49 AM.

Comment

man those chicago and detroit uniforms looked ugly.. hope we do better than that

Comment

I really liked the Chicago jerseys. They were a better shade of orange than those Browns unis. The black numbers helped them out.

I'll always miss the horns on the sleeves.

Comment

Originally posted by general counsel
                          Rather than the throwback uniforms, which i agree would be pretty cool, i would like to see us break out the throwback pass rush.
                          So mote it be.

Comment

Originally posted by moklerman
                            I've heard that Spanos(sp?), the owner of the Chargers Hates(yes, that's a capial "H") the powder blue throwbacks(which everyone else seems to love) ...
                            I just have never seen what people admire about the baby blue color. It just doesn't fit. On any textile. Who made the determination that "everyone ... seems to love" that color is who I want to interrogate under a faucet with a slow drip.

Comment

LOL! No, no, no. Baby blue is not NFL. Girl's volleyball or pingpon, maybe. :redface:

I never did like the Oiler's uniform in that color. I'd think, "Hmm, Houston Oilers, why not something in oil-black? All-black helmets w/a gold drop for an insignia."

Chargers baby blue? You see, that's why neither of these teams have ever won a SB!

Comment