X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little will be on kickoff coverage this week

by Barry Waller, November 26, 2004 at 7:13pm ET

Leonard Little Profile

Leonard Little is unquestionable the Rams best defensive player, but the Rams have been so bad in kickoff coverage this season that Little is willing to put aside superstar status and try to help keep returns from continuing to kill his team's hopes for a playoff spot. This Monday night, he will be on kickoff coverage for the first time this season.

Re: Little will be on kickoff coverage this week

Truly a desperation move. An accident waiting to happen in my view. The increased risk of injury is very real and without him, our defense has virtually no chance at competing.

general counsel

Comment

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Yes Little is one of our best defensive players but Martz can't take the conservative route now. We need wins and if that means using some of the starters on special teams, so be it.

Think of what trouble we would be in, if Wilkins got hurt making a tackle on special teams and he is in there every week playing all out. You can't think in terms of potential injuries when you are 5-5 for the season. Changes need to be made now.
      sigpic

Comment

Little should've been on kick coverage all year. Other teams risk putting their starters out there, i.e. Kearse in Philadelphia, why can't we? Even if Little gets hurt, how much worse can this defense be. I mean, honestly?

Comment

Can't hurt......and I think that just seeing him out there might fire the rest of the guys up.

As far as the injury possibilities, yes there is a chance, but I don't think there's any more chance than him getting hurt playing defensive end.
          Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

Comment

Working...
          X