Who are the SOSAFs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are the SOSAFs?

I'd like to share a revelation that Iíve had during my time here.

It came to me when I tried to classify certain Rams fans, and I realised that some who claim to love the Rams are not actually fans.

Every true Rams fan on this forum instinctively develops a natural equilibrium between hope and realism; but these other "fans" do not.

Instead they complain, and complain, until their joy in following the Rams cannot be discerned.

The only way for these "fans" to survive is to continue this pattern from year to year.

There is another type of fan on this planet that follows the same pattern... a Whiner fan.

Rams "fans" who act like Whiner fans are a disease, a cancer on this forum,. They are a plague, and we true fans... are the cure.

Re: Who are the SOSAFs?

I think it's more about outlook honestly. The eternal message board battle between optimists and pessimists. I don't like any Ram fan using that phrase to describe our Rams and still would love to curb stomp the idiot who started it. But, they're entitled to their opinion as well as their pessimism. Me, I hope for the best so I can enjoy the ride more.

Comment

Oh come on AV, I know you're better than that. Even I hate the term SOSAR but if fans want to stay negative about it, it's best to ignore it and wait to see results on the field. I don't blame these fans for their negativity, I just hope they'll have a change of heart when we start having good seasons.

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫

Comment

Originally posted by AvengerRam View Post
        I'd like to share a revelation that I’ve had during my time here.

It came to me when I tried to classify certain Rams fans, and I realised that some who claim to love the Rams are not actually fans.

Every true Rams fan on this forum instinctively develops a natural equilibrium between hope and realism; but these other "fans" do not.

Instead they complain, and complain, until their joy in following the Rams cannot be discerned.

The only way for these "fans" to survive is to continue this pattern from year to year.

There is another type of fan on this planet that follows the same pattern... a Whiner fan.

Rams "fans" who act like Whiner fans are a disease, a cancer on this forum,. They are a plague, and we true fans... are the cure.

Comment

Man these movie clips are the dogs bollocks! I loved the Seinfeld one!!!

Ying and Yang, without it, this forum would not exist.

Comment

I'm becoming mesmerized with all these "sosa" threads and messages around here!

Comment

"I resent that."

-- Sammy Sosa

Comment

"I resent that."

-- Sammy Sosa
                Speaking of the guy, dayyyyum he bleached his skin.

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫

Comment

Originally posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
                  Speaking of the guy, dayyyyum he bleached his skin.
                  Not to go too far off-topic, but I think he said it isn't bleach, he suffers from a condition where his skin loses its pigment.

EDIT: never mind, I was wrong, I don't know where I read that.

Comment

Did anyone get the movie reference of the original post?

Comment

Did anyone get the movie reference of the original post?
                      You should have taken the blue pill.

Comment

There ya go!

Comment

There ya go!
                          Still one of my favorite movies. Oddly enough, I didn't get in to the last two that much.

Comment

OMG I started reading your post and by the second line I was like "THAT'S AGENT SMITH!!" LOL A great post... and very true... I get tired of the same ol Rams negative fan BS without giving any players or coaches or a team to prove either they are good, bad or ugly. I am tired of the losing believe me..... I stand by my Rams no matter what others fans say about them and if YOU AS A BIT**ER cant grab a pair and keep BEING A REAL FAN go choose a CHEAP TEAM TO CHEER. (i.e.Cowturds, Whiners, Stealers, Cheatriots) If they literally don't win another game for the next 10 years I will still promote my team, have hope for them, and wear my jerseys as if they were armor! WURD!
                            Last edited by ZiaRam; -08-16-2012, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fettmaster View Post
                              love that saying lmao

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RamsFanSam
                                Most Irritating Fans - Who Are They?
                                by RamsFanSam
                                Everyone knows that the 'Black Hole' is the home to some really awful fans. Dallas has their share of horse's patoots for fans, and everyone is sick of hearing 'five rings'. Not too surprisingly, during a discussion about QB's, someone was mouthing off about Brady's so-called 'greatness' by counting rings.

I had to congratulate him. It's nice to see that Patriot fans are acting just like whiner fans now.

I thought a poll would be fun. One thing - when you vote, please tell us why you chose the way you did.
                                whiners
                                13.64%
                                Cardinals
                                4.55%
                                Seahawks
                                15.15%
                                Cowboys
                                15.15%
                                Patriots
                                15.15%
                                Chiefs
                                3.03%
                                Chokeland
                                12.12%
                                Panthers
                                0.00%
                                Steelers
                                4.55%
                                Tampa Bay
                                0.00%
                                Atlanta
                                1.52%
                                Other (Tell us who!)
                                15.15%
                                -07-29-2007, 04:28 PM
                              • AvengerRam_old
                                Every now and again, I have to make a post like this one...
                                by AvengerRam_old
                                Some people really hate posts of this type, but I think its necessary.

You see, there is a certain type of "fan." The type that is more interested in "being right" than they are in seeing the team succeed.

If you hang around here, or any message board, you'll observe this type of "fan." They're the ones who never seem to be happy or optimistic. They criticize every move. They express low expectations at all times. They chide anyone who dares to express hope.

If called out individually, these "fans" will do one of two things (or both). They will (1) claim to be the true "realists," and/or (2) whine that they are being censored.

Its not censorship. Its merely the reaction that you should expect to receive when you are a total bore. That's what "fans" like this are: bores.

In my book, the only reason to even bother spending time being a fan is to extend hope that this year will be "the year." That's what made 1999 so special to me. I had spent over 20 years believing each season that this was "the year." Sure, there were times that, deep down, I knew I was kidding myself. But then, one year, it all paid off.

As fans, we don't draft or sign the players, devise the gameplans, call the plays, or battle it out on the field. All we can do is try, in our own little way, to be part of that "12th man" that, hopefully, inspires the team to play just that much harder. That's all we can do.

How you do that when you never see anything but doom and gloom is beyond me. If I ever feel that way, I'll find a new hobby.

So, have at it with the "are you talking about me" and "how dare you interfere with my Free Speech" responses.

I've said my peace.
                                -03-06-2009, 07:57 PM
                              • AvengerRam_old
                                Seriously, Whiner fans... what is wrong with you?
                                by AvengerRam_old
                                We have had fans from other teams come here and have had good, spirited debates. We have mutual respect with the Hawk fans, and have had several fans of other teams come in and discuss football with intelligence and respect.

Then we have the Whiner fans.

With the notable exception of one poster (Brain Daddy), you seem to all be mouth-breathing troglodytes with the IQs of newts. All you do is come here and post mindless drivel.

Please, stop wasting our time.

Smack is supposed to be a fun outlet for rivals. You people are just morons.
                                -11-20-2006, 10:26 PM
                              • UtterBlitz
                                Seahawk fans and seahawk.net
                                by UtterBlitz
                                since we are starting to hear the sound of squawking in here, I am reminded of seahawk fans from the past that were fun to have on the board. I think they were mostly from seahawk.net. Here are a few that I remember

rawkhrdr
                                bluegreen
                                pithyradish

anybody still talking to any of them?

Seems like we have lost touch in the last couple of years. Looks like their message board is still up and active.
                                -09-08-2009, 12:56 PM
                              • atcchris
                                New "Faction" in Ram-land?
                                by atcchris
                                I've been a fan of the Rams since the days of Roman Gabriel, and I've never had the priviledge of living in the same general area as the Rams. Lived in Hawaii and Oklahoma when the Rams were in LA, and in Texas since they've been in St. Louis.

We have a pretty big mix of fans.. still a lot of them left from the LA days.. and sometimes there is a little tension when the subject of "moving the team back to LA" comes up.

Sadly, there have been factions based on QB controversies (of course, each generation thinks they're the first to ever see a QB controversie).

Well, LA fans and St. Louis fans.. I think you're about to encounter another group: The Sooner Nation.

I have been a member of THAT tribe since my 2nd year at the University of Oklahoma. (believe it or not, I wasn't a fan when I started going there.. I was a west coast sports fan... but I grew to love the Sooners quickly)

Proximity to Dallas means that, in the past, a lot of Sooner fans followed the Plowboys. Lots of tension there, though.. because Dallas is in TEXAS.. and it's counter-intuitive for OU fans to like much from Texas. So.. a lot of Oklahoma folks follow the Chefs (SIC), as they are the AFC team piped to Oklahoma most of the time.

Many Sooners began following the Vikings when AD was drafted there (no.. don't tell me it's AP.. AD is for All Day..).. but make no mistake... Sam Bradford IS Oklahoma. Not only did he play for the Sooners, but he played high school in the Oklahoma City area. As long as he's a Ram, we Sooner fans will follow him and root for him.

Now, I'm sure that will raise warning flags for some... "are you a fan of the team, or the players?!". Well.. that's going to be up to some of our fellow fans here in Ram-ville. Are we going to accept and respect this influx of new fans.. understand their passion and help them gain a love of the Rams as a team? I know the Rams' organization will want to cultivate this potential fan base... will we accept these newcomers and do our best not to alienate and disrespect them? We're fans of Sam. We're proud of our Sooners. It's a perfect opportunity for a state without an NFL team to gain one. Hope we take advantage of it.
                                -08-07-2010, 01:49 PM
                              Working...
                              X