Brockers Only Out for 2-4 Weeks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brockers Only Out for 2-4 Weeks

"CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports Rams first-round pick Michael Brockers' ankle injury should only cost him 2-4 weeks.La Canfora's report indicates Brockers avoided a dreaded high ankle sprain. Whereas the Rams may have been without Brockers until Week 4, they may now get him back as soon as Week 2 or 3. St. Louis will struggle to stop running games as long as Brockers is missing from the lineup. Look for the Rams to turn to a rotation of Matt Conrath and Kellen Heard to replace him against Detroit.. "

Re: Brockers Only Out for 2-4 Weeks

So he's replaced by a rotation of Matt Conrath and Kellen Heard?

Matt Conrath..........and Kellen Heard.

Conrath and Heard are now starters.

Can't he lay on a table and somebody do that Mr. Miyagi hand rub thing?! That got Danielsan up and kicking again in no time!
    The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

So, if its not a high ankle sprain, than whats the diagnosis?

Comment

Originally posted by HUbison View Post
        So he's replaced by a rotation of Matt Conrath and Kellen Heard?

Matt Conrath..........and Kellen Heard.

Conrath and Heard are now starters.

Can't he lay on a table and somebody do that Mr. Miyagi hand rub thing?! That got Danielsan up and kicking again in no time!
        Well, Conrath and Heard aren't the starters.

Kendall Langford is one of the starting DTs, and I would think Jermelle Cudjo would go ahead of Conrath and Heard
        @EssexRam_

Comment

Heard gives the Rams some much needed help at defensive tackle. He was a solid contributor in Buffalo’s rotation last season and will likely be expected to help out right away with rookie DT Michael Brockers out with an ankle sprain. Heard is known as a run stuffer at more than 330 pounds.
          Would like to see the Rams add DT Antonio Dixon. He was cut over his salary, guess the Rams did not want to take that on either. Maybe we can get a deal done.

Comment

Oh great....here we go again!
            sigpic :ram::helmet:

Comment

Originally posted by tomahawk247 View Post
              Well, Conrath and Heard aren't the starters.

Kendall Langford is one of the starting DTs, and I would think Jermelle Cudjo would go ahead of Conrath and Heard
              Maybe.......but that doesn't do much to ease the weary soul.
              The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

2-4 Weeks considering it happened on a Wednesday, it will be 2 1/2 weeks before game two. He could be ready by week two that would be awesome. Hope they don't rush him back too soon though.

Comment

Good news for sure. At least Detroit relies heavily on passing.

Comment

Originally posted by HUbison View Post
                    Maybe.......but that doesn't do much to ease the weary soul.
                    Well with Quinn, Long and Langford on the line we could put Jimmy Kennedy at DT and he would look OK!
                    @EssexRam_

Comment

Originally posted by Rambos View Post
                      Would like to see the Rams add DT Antonio Dixon. He was cut over his salary, guess the Rams did not want to take that on either. Maybe we can get a deal done.
                      Hate to nitpick, but he got cut because he didn't fit the wide-9 scheme, not because of his contract.

Comment

Good to know MB will return in a month. Now the rest of the DT's really need to step up!

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor View Post
                          So, if its not a high ankle sprain, than whats the diagnosis?
                          A "medium ankle sprain"?
                          "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

Comment

Originally posted by sosa39rams View Post
                            Hate to nitpick, but he got cut because he didn't fit the wide-9 scheme, not because of his contract.
                            Your right, I got him confused with DE Darryl Tapp who is 2.6 million in salary this season.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonJoe View Post
                              A "medium ankle sprain"?
                              ha, at least there was an effort....;lol;

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Rambos
                                Brockers getting closer
                                by Rambos
                                by nick wagoner

Coach Jeff Fisher said the Rams made it through the game relatively clean and actually made mention of the Rams getting healthier, namely on the defensive front.

That means that DTs Michael Brockers and Matt Conrath could be back in the mix next week. Brockers, in particular, seems to be on track. He actually went through a pre-game warmup workout with strength coach Rock Gullickson. It looks good for the prized rookie’s return sooner than later.
                                -09-24-2012, 01:00 PM
                              • Rambos
                                Rams rookie DT Michael Brockers has been diagnosed with a high-ankle sprain.
                                by Rambos
                                Rams rookie DT Michael Brockers has been diagnosed with a high-ankle sprain.
                                It's good news that Brockers has avoided a fracture, but he'll still likely be sidelined for upwards of a month. It's a tough blow for the Rams, as the No. 14 pick looked like a force in the preseason. Brockers' best-case scenario would be returning in Week 3 against the Bears, but Week 4 or 5 is more likely.

Source: St Louis Post-Dispatch
                                -08-31-2012, 11:44 AM
                              • mcpeepants232003
                                Michael Brockers
                                by mcpeepants232003
                                I saw a lot of analysts give the Rams grief for trading down and missing out on Fletcher Cox and Dontari Poe but Brockers has been more effective than both(though Cox has slightly better stats but has played way more).

Jenkins has got most of the hype but Brockers has played a huge part in our success.
                                -12-02-2012, 09:41 PM
                              • r8rh8rmike
                                Fear The Beard: Healthy Brockers Ready To Take Next Step
                                by r8rh8rmike
                                Fear the beard: Healthy Brockers ready to take next step

11 hours ago • By Jim Thomas jthomas@post-dispatch.com 314-340-8197

Michael Brockers’ beard can best be described as prolific, even biblical.

“It’s coming along very well,” said Brockers, the Rams’ second-year defensive tackle. “At LSU, I just had a little chin (hair) going, but now I think the all-out beard really makes me look dominant. Beard equals sacks. And I think sacks are good for me right now.”

Brockers was joking, but the goal definitely is to take the next step as an NFL defensive tackle, whether it’s sacks, tackles for loss — what have you — and become a force in the middle of the St. Louis front four.

“Mike did a great job coming back off the high ankle (sprain), and really finished up strong toward the second half of the (2012) season,” coach Jeff Fisher said. “He’s worked very hard. He’s changed his body, and we think he can be a dominating player inside.”

A high ankle sprain in the Rams’ 2012 preseason finale against Baltimore sidelined Brockers for the first three games of his rookie season. High ankle sprains can take forever to heal — just ask Sam Bradford — and Brockers felt lingering effects of the injury throughout the season.

Even so, he came on strong over the second half of the year, playing very much like the No. 14 overall pick in the draft. At season’s end, he joined cornerback Janoris Jenkins as the first Rams since 2003 to make the NFL’s all-rookie team. Brockers’ season totals included 63 tackles, four sacks and 17 QB pressures or hits. All in all it made for a good start in the NFL, but Brockers wants more this season.

“I can’t even see the ceiling yet,” Brockers said during practices in June. “I want to keep progressing from here on in, and I just keep doing my thing. The ankle is fine. I have no excuses now and I’m putting a lot of pressure on myself to do great things.”

The high ankle sprain, to Brockers’ right ankle, is long behind him. In addition, Brockers underwent cleanup surgery in February to remove bone chips in his left ankle. He believes that procedure corrected carryover symptoms from an injury at LSU that irritated his foot last season.

“When I’m in my stance, it really pinched on nerves,” Brockers said after a recent training camp practice. “Now that that’s out I can just feel me being more explosive off the ball, getting in the backfield real quick.”

Brockers now has two good wheels and has increased his overall weight and upper-body strength.

“He’s changed his body,” Fisher said. “He’s gained some weight, but it’s good weight. He’s gained a tremendous amount of strength.”

Brockers weighed in at 325 pounds for training camp after playing around 318 to 320 as a rookie. An extra five to seven pounds may not sound like much, but for a finely tuned pro...
                                -07-30-2013, 09:47 AM
                              • AvengerRam_old
                                Brockers is NOT being traded.
                                by AvengerRam_old
                                So, there you have it....
                                -04-29-2015, 09:29 AM
                              Working...
                              X