Not impressed with NFC West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not impressed with NFC West

I personally feel that it is wide open, for the Rams to take. The 9'ers did last yr, what they were supposed to do....THREE yrs ago. Personally, I'm looking for a decline from them. I for one can't wait till Brockers is back, as that front 4 looks sick, espc, with much improvement in the secondary. I said before that I liked the moves done by the new front office. And yes, I have put my money where my mouth is, and bet on them winning the super bowl. The odds are simply way too good to pass up on a team that can easily win the division if they stay healthy. After that, anything can happen once the 2nd season starts. 'Nuff said.

Re: Not impressed with NFC West

We'll just have to see what the Rams have to offer this sunday.

Comment

Im in the same boat OG. I dont even care. Right now everyone is 0-0 and I will go down with my team if I have to. Shootin for 19-0! LETS GO!

Comment

I Think the 9ers are head of the class in the West, but they will come back to the pack this year. Can't wait to see what kind of start they get off too. They are the sexy pick, I see a lot of media types picking them to win the SB. They open on the road at Green bay and the face a pissed off Lions team after they dropped their opener to us.

Hawks are good but not great and are starting a rookie QB. No guarantee how that will go.

Cards, well if you think we a have a shaky O line, take a look at the Cards O line.

Cardinals quarterbacks were sacked 21 times in the preseason, which averages out to just more than four times per contest. While some of those takedowns can surely be blamed on inexperienced (or bad) QBs holding the ball too long, and others can be pinned directly on D.J. Young's inability to block anyone, it would be naïve to think things will magically improve in Week 1.
        Not even going to get into both the Hawks and the Cards spent big money on QB's and neither one of them will be starting.
        Last edited by Rambos; -09-06-2012, 06:35 PM.

Comment

I'm not impressed with the west either, but the Rams are part of that equation. I am more worried about what WE do and whether or not we're on the right track than i am about Seattle or Arizona in particular. I think we're in a better situation than either of those two teams, both of whom have major question marks at QB and elsewhere. But we gotta' get a couple of wins under our belt before we seriously talk about overtaking anyone.

Comment

Unbrideled enthusiasm ......we shall see what type of team we have this Sunday...But Sosa is correct, we are tied for first RIGHT NOW. Let's see how many times we can say that after this Sunday.

Comment

Personally I think the Whiners are the team to beat in the West. I'm not at all concerned about the trads or Seagulls. Super Bowl?? no but we have a shot at winning the division yes...

Comment

Interestingly enough, the last time the defending Super Bowl champion lost its opening game was... 1999.

Just sayin'
                I believe!:ram:

Comment

There always seems to be a team that "over achieves" in the NFL and is then found out the following year. Two years ago it was the Atlanta Falcons - great regular season record without doing anything special, bombed in the Play Offs and pretty irrelevant last year. I have wondered if last year's over-achievers would be the ***** as a lot of their wins were of course against mediocre divisional opponents.

At least now we have a proven Head Coach, I feel confident that we will be more credible opposition ourselves this year.

Comment

It is a passing league and if they can keep Sam upright then I would say the Rams still have the best QB in the division. That alone should give the Rams a decent chance at winning the NFC West. The ***** had a season last year where everything went right for them until the NFL championship game. They were remarkably healthy, won a huge amount of close games and there is no way Alex Smith will be able to throw only 5 interceptions in 2012, especially with them getting Moss and Manningham and expecting Smith to try to throw downfield more often.

The Seahawks were pretty strong on defense and in the run game in 2011 but I doubt Lynch will be able to remain a dominant RB considering he played 4 years in the league nowhere near that level of play. I also don't think having a rookie 3rd round draft pick at QB has ever resulted in a playoff birth.

I don't think I have to explain why I feel comfortable with the Cardinals not making the playoffs as long as teams like our own figure out not to punt to Patrick Peterson. If John Skelton and that O line lead a team to the playoffs then I think that confirms that the world will end in 2012.

The Rams are strong at QB(compared to the rest of the divion), CB and DE which are the most important positions in today's NFL. If the team can stay relatively healthy then they certainly have a shot at winning the West. This thread has given me hope and made me decide to get the NFL Sunday ticket so I don't have to watch Rams games on a crappy stream anymore. LongBlood you just made the NFL/Direct TV $300.

Comment

We hear/read about how bad the NFC West is. Even called the NFC worst. I say let's wait a few weeks before the name calling starts.

You play to win the game (s)!
                      sigpic :ram::helmet:

Comment

Ha ha, this is McKayla Maroney's take...

Clic on image
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by RealRam; -09-07-2012, 02:20 PM. Reason: MM Quote

Comment

Originally posted by Rain View Post
                          There always seems to be a team that "over achieves" in the NFL and is then found out the following year. Two years ago it was the Atlanta Falcons - great regular season record without doing anything special, bombed in the Play Offs and pretty irrelevant last year. I have wondered if last year's over-achievers would be the ***** as a lot of their wins were of course against mediocre divisional opponents.

At least now we have a proven Head Coach, I feel confident that we will be more credible opposition ourselves this year.
                          I think the Bucs were a prime example of the over achieving one season then flopping the next.

Comment

We are young. I just want to see our team improve every game and our coaching staff get the most out of their abilities.....

Wins and such will follow......Lets get started for a full season of work

Comment

Originally posted by jmk321 View Post
                              The Rams are strong at QB(compared to the rest of the divion), CB and DE which are the most important positions in today's NFL. If the team can stay relatively healthy then they certainly have a shot at winning the West. This thread has given me hope and made me decide to get the NFL Sunday ticket so I don't have to watch Rams games on a crappy stream anymore. LongBlood you just made the NFL/Direct TV $300.
                              Funny, I just paid for the NFL/Direct TV package on my PS3. I still plan on going down to the local sports bar and watching the game this Sunday, and I'll be in one of my Rams jersey's and LA Rams hat, but I now have access to those games in the afternoon and I can stay in and watch 'em all...

I am jacked up for this weekend. I'm preparing for a rough start, but hoping there's an upset comin'.

Comment