The NFC West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NFC West

Welcome to the new and vastly improved NFC West.

I know only 4 weeks have been played, but i don't think many people believed this division would be the leading the NFL in a few key areas.

11-5
    That is the current record for our division, and it is the best winning percentage(.6875) of any division in the NFL. No matter who wins between Chicago and Dallas tonight, we still have the best winning %.

8-0
    That is the current home record for the NFC West. Talk about home field advantage. The closest any other divisions come is the NFC North(7-2) and the AFC North(5-2) respectfully.

The current amount of interceptions the Rams have, which leads the league. Just felt like throwing that in here.

The current total of Points allowed by the NFC West and lowest for any division. The next closest is the NFC North with 317(Bears yet to play week 4)

I know there are many other statistics and that statistics are not always the end all in proving how good or bad a team/player is. But it is apparent that in this now "pass happy" league, that defense can still be the dominant force and that home field advantage can be more of an advantage then many think. That has surely been proven thus far in the season by our NFC West.

GO RAMS!!!!!!!

Re: The NFC West

I love it....we've been a laughing stock for years, we deserve some respect. If only we (Rams) can get some rush defense going, teams wouldn't know if they want to run or pass on us.

Comment

Ram v Cards is going to be very interesting Thursday night! I'm hoping our pass rush can get to Kolb early and often
      @EssexRam_

Comment

Originally posted by tomahawk247 View Post
        Ram v Cards is going to be very interesting Thursday night! I'm hoping our pass rush can get to Kolb early and often
        I hope the undefeated home record continues Thursday.

Comment

Interesting stats, its a LONG way to go before the season ends and the better reading stats show up. Just hope that the Rams can continue in the same form

Comment

to think 2 years ago the division winner had a losing record and a year ago pre-season predictions had the division champion winning 8 games time to take down some pesky birds thursday thou

Comment

Well the home record should be 7-1. And the Seagulls should be 1-3.

But the NFC West is really doing well this year and I think that the Rams have a chance of staying close to the other 3 teams in the div. And with 4 first round picks the next two years the future looks bright

Comment

NFC Best. 'Nuff Said.

Comment

scary division to be in for sure. hopefully we can get some players back from injury soon and keep key players on the field for the remainder of the season. if we can take down the cards thursday and keep our home streak alive especially against teams in our division it'll be super hard for any visitor to come to the dome and win. i love that the cards are coming undefeated on a nationally televised game. we need this one bad.

Comment

well...if chicago wins i win my first and only nfl pool ever, for 140$

Comment

Originally posted by citr92 View Post
                      well...if chicago wins i win my first and only nfl pool ever, for 140$
                      Grats on the win man

Comment

Also in the past decade, well since 2001, 3 of our teams have represented the NFC West in the Super Bowl. Rams, Hawks, and Cards. Can't say that for any other division.

Comment

Every team offers a bruising defense with a lackluster offense. That's quite the opposite of the way the rest of the league seems to want to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
                            Grats on the win man
                            thank you, it was awesome, especially since i didn't know that everyone else picked dallas, so the points didn't matter woo!

Comment

Hmmmmm....while I'm thrilled that The Rams really look like they are moving forward to a bright future, I can't say I'm all that happy the rest of the NFCW is following suit. One of the main reasons all the other NFCW teams have made it to the playoffs in the last decade,imo, is because their records have been padded with relatively easy division wins. What's to celebrate about the division turning into a four way dogfight each year ?

I guess you could argue that if your team wins a tough division, it probably is an NFL-wide contender for the SB, but critical advantages like bye weeks and homefield are hard to come by.
                              Last edited by Azul e Oro; -10-02-2012, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Ram Dragoon
                                NFC-west Disasterious November start
                                by Ram Dragoon
                                , Something to snicker about....Cards, Frisco....and the SEA Buzzards all lost. Sorry just had to laugh at the pathetic showing the the NFC-West. Thank the Almighty the Rams had the dayoff--otherwise it could have been a rout of the conference.
                                -11-04-2007, 05:59 PM
                              • AvengerRam_old
                                NFC West No Longer Worst Division!
                                by AvengerRam_old
                                How about this...

NFC West: 10-12
                                AFC West: 9-14

Head-to-head: 4-4

We're not in the worst division any more!

Woo-hoo!!!
                                -10-18-2010, 09:39 AM
                              • evil disco man
                                The NFC West
                                by evil disco man
                                People have been calling the NFC West the weakest division in the NFL for years now. They can say what they want, but the fact is that the West has represented the NFC in 4 of the last 10 Super Bowls, more than any other division.

I don't know about you guys, but I enjoy rooting for other West teams in the playoffs to represent us well. If we can't beat 'em out during the season, I'd rather see them take it all the way than any other team. The only exception for me was rooting for the Steelers vs. Seahawks, only because I personally can't stand Hasselbeck, but I was pulling for them throughout the playoffs up to that point.

If you find it difficult rooting for our West rivals in the playoffs, remember that one benefit of other West teams making it far in the playoffs (or esp. into the SB) is that their roster and coaching staff is usually raided by other teams afterward, boding well for the Rams in following seasons.

Go NFC West!
                                -01-18-2009, 03:50 PM
                              • TekeRam
                                NFC Worst?
                                by TekeRam
                                Just once, I'd like to pop into the TV when the talking heads start talking about the NFC "Worst" and kindly remind them that over the past 11 seasons, the current teams in the NFC West have gone to the Super Bowl four times, more than any other division in the NFL save the AFC East, who coincidentally only has four participants because of the Patriots' four trips. The NFC West has had 3 different participants, tied with the NFC South.

If you really want to throw worsts into it, why not go after the AFC West, who hasn't sent a rep to the big game since the 2002 season.
                                -11-30-2010, 02:11 PM
                              • MauiRam
                                Are the Rams really the best team in the NFC West?
                                by MauiRam
                                BY REID LAYMANCE | Posted: Monday, October 4, 2010 11:40 am

THE WATERCOOLER: Are the Rams really the best team in the NFC West?

JIM THOMAS:

Not ready to say that. For starters, the Rams are going to have to start picking up a win or two on the road. And after so many losses from 2007 through 2009, I simply have to see more. OK, the Rams have won two in a row. But so did Jim Haslett in October of 2008. But there's no doubt this looks like a different Rams team than we've seen in recent years and the NFC West certainly looks like it's there for the taking.

BRYAN BURWELL:

The season is only four games old, so it's dangerous to make any lasting judgments on who is the best for the long term. But as we stand right now, the ***** are in turmoil, Arizona has no QB, the Seahawks offensive line is a mess and their pass defense is weak. So that leaves us with the Rams, whose defense keeps teams out of the end zone. They have a young QB who is wise beyond his experience, and suddenly they are tied for first in a division that might only take seven victories to win. So as we speak at this moment -- and it could surely change just as quickly -- yes, the Rams are the best team in the division.

JEFF GORDON:

They could become the division's best if they manage to get healthier. The Rams impressed everybody by winning back-to-back with so many players either sidelined or playing hurt. If this team can get Jackson up to full speed, regain its depth at tight end, safety and defensive tackle and build some momentum, a breakthrough is possible. As Sam Bradford matures and builds chemistry with his receivers, the passing game will become more dangerous -- assuming that the line holds up. The defense looks legit, despite all the casualties.

BILL COATS:

Right now, they probably are. The ***** were the division favorites, but they can't win a game. The Cardinals are in disarray, and the Seahawks are aging and just aren't very talented. There's no question that over the last two weeks, the Rams have played the best football in the division.

BERNIE MIKLASZ:

On one level it's ludicrous, beause we're talking about a franchise that just went through a stinking mess of a stretch, losing 44 of 50 games coming into the 2010 season. The losing has been chronic and extreme. The Rams haven't been able to win at home. They've gotten dominated -- bullied -- by NFC West rivals. And even after winning two in a row at home for the first time since 2006, and even after putting the hammer on Seattle, the Rams have much to prove. Can they win on the road? That's another big hurdle to overcome. And they'll get their chance to prove it soon; starting with a patch of schedule that begins Nov. 14, the Rams will play four of five on the road. But that's just one side. The other side is this: this division is really bad. The Rams could...
                                -10-04-2010, 07:07 PM
                              Working...
                              X