X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rams Updates: Jackson Questionable, Sims Out

Rams updates: Jackson questionable, Sims out

2 hours ago • BY JIM THOMAS

Running back Steven Jackson (groin) and left tackle Wayne Hunter (knee) are listed as questionable for the Rams' Thursday night game with Arizona at the Edward Jones Dome.

Both are expected to play. Jackson, in fact, now has been listed as questionable for three games in a row.

Eugene Sims, a valuable role player in the Rams' defensive line rotation, has been ruled out of the Arizona game with what coach Jeff Fisher has described as a mild concussion.

WR Brandon Gibson (knee), WR Danny Amendola (knee) and DE Williams Hayes (knee) all were listed as probable after either missing practice time or participating on a limited basis at some time during the practice week.

The rest of the Rams' final injury report of the week was as follows: OT Rodger Saffold (knee) is out; DT Matt Conrath (knee) and S Matt Daniels (hamstring) are questionable.

Among the 16 players listed on Arizona's injury report, DT Darnell Dockett (hamstring), TE Todd Heap (knee), LB Paris Lenon (knee), and running back/return man LaRod Stephens-Howling (hip) are questionable.

The Rams will wrap up on-the-field preparations for Arizona with a closed walk-through tonight at the Edward Jones Dome.

Re: Rams Updates: Jackson Questionable, Sims Out

totally forgot, but when is wells expected to be back?

Comment

Originally posted by citr92 View Post
      totally forgot, but when is wells expected to be back?
      Per the new DTR IR rule he can start practicing in week 6 but isn't eligible to return until week 8. Although I've no idea how his recovery is going and if he is on track to return in this time frame.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBritishRam View Post
        Per the new DTR IR rule he can start practicing in week 6 but isn't eligible to return until week 8. Although I've no idea how his recovery is going and if he is on track to return in this time frame.
        thanks for the response, sucks he's not eligible till week 8, but i hate when people rush back from injuries, always better safe than sorry

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RamWraith
          Jackson Ready to Run
          by RamWraith
          Thursday, December 30, 2004

By Nick Wagoner
          Staff Writer

With so much left to play for, it is becoming apparent that no Ram, healthy or not is willing to miss Sunday’s game against the New York Jets. Fortunately for St. Louis, rookie running back Steven Jackson falls into the healthy category.

Coming off a dominant 148-yard, 24-carry performance against Philadelphia that earned Monday Night Football’s Player of the Week award, Jackson entered this week with some uncertainty about his status.

After making his first start against San Francisco on Dec. 5, Jackson bruised his knee and it turned out to be a slightly torn medial collateral ligament. Jackson missed the following two games, along with quarterback Marc Bulger and those losses played a major role in a pair of losses.

In other words, Jackson ran for almost 150 yards with a torn MCL, making his performance that much more impressive.

“I was out there playing with a slightly torn MCL,” Jackson said. “It’s one of those things I was trying to play through and just try to have that mental mindset and just fight through it. As the carries kept going on, it became a little bit overwhelming.”

Jackson’s return, though often times spectacular, didn’t make for all good news. He bruised his knee again on the cold, hard Astroturf at the Edward Jones Dome. Many flashed back to the original Jackson knee injury and were worried he would be lost for two weeks again, or more.

Jackson said the injury was kind of similar to the one he suffered against the *****.

“I wasn’t fully 100 percent in that game coming in, anyways,” Jackson said. “I had took a couple of pretty good blows on it during the course of the game. There wasn’t as much as last time, but there was some swelling and it’s something we will just have to look and check the progress as the week goes by.”

After Jackson had an MRI on Tuesday, everything came out clean and Jackson was ready to go again. Any further concerns were eliminated Thursday when Jackson took to the practice field and participated in every drill, showing little to no signs of any discomfort.

Coach Mike Martz said he thought Jackson showed no ill effects during the workout.

“Steven’s good, he’s fine,” Martz said.

Jackson did not take every repetition in every drill, but that is mostly precautionary. He will continue to practice the rest of the week and will play, barring any aggravation or another injury. He is listed as probable on the injury report.

GROUNDED JETS: The Jets will be without Pro Bowl defensive end John Abraham for Sunday’s game because of a right knee injury. Abraham has 9.5 sacks on the season and has been replaced at end the past pair of games by Bryan Thomas.

New York has a history of struggles against the Rams, with a record of 2-8...
          -12-31-2004, 05:53 AM
        • r8rh8rmike
          Jackson Tests Thigh, Remains Questionable
          by r8rh8rmike
          Jackson tests thigh, remains questionable

BY JIM THOMAS
          Thursday, September 22, 2011

For the first time since suffering the injury Sept. 11 against Philadelphia, Pro Bowl running back Steven Jackson tested his right thigh in practice Thursday. But he didn't get much work in, being officially listed as limited participation, and remains questionable to doubtful for Sunday's St. Louis Rams home game against Baltimore.

"I was able to get out there today, practice a little bit, get a few reps in," Jackson said. "I'm starting to familiarize myself with the game plan and knowing what Baltimore does. So mentally, I'm right on key with the team. I just have to continue over the next few days to see how the quad reacts to me actually doing physical work that's football related."

As was the case Monday against the New York Giants, Jackson's status for Baltimore probably won't be decided until he tests the thigh a couple of hours before kickoff.

• Jackson's backup, Cadillac Williams did not practice Thursday after tweaking his hamstring against the Giants. But Williams told reporters he would try to run Friday in practice and expressed optimism that he would be able to play Sunday.

If both Jackson and Williams can't go, the Rams would use some combination of Jerious Norwood and Quinn Porter, who are the only other running backs on the active roster.

• Once again, wide receiver Danny Amendola (elbow) did not practice and he's probably another week or two away. C.J. Ah You, with his left hand wrapped like a club following wrist surgery, returned to practice on a limited basis. Also getting limited work were LB Ben Leber (groin), and TE Michael Hoomanawanui (calf). After being limited Wednesday, WR Greg Salas (ribs) was listed as full participation Thursday.
          -09-22-2011, 04:49 PM
        • Nick
          Injury Updates from Rams Twitter Account
          by Nick
          -The following players did not practice today: RB Steven Jackson (quad), WR Danny Amendola (elbow), DE C.J. Ah You (wrist), LB Ben Leber (groin) and RB Cadillac Williams (hamstring)

-TE Michael Hoomanawanui (calf) and WR Greg Salas (ribs) were limited in practice but are expected to be OK.

-Caddy didn't practice because the Rams wanted to give him an extra day to recover, he's expected to be fine. Jackson is still day to day, though, and his status for Week 3 is unclear.

-Apparently, Danny Amendola has range of motion back in his arm. While they're still waiting on some things to clear up in his elbow, he's making progress.
          -09-21-2011, 06:28 PM
        • r8rh8rmike
          Jackson Sits Out Rams Practice
          by r8rh8rmike
          Jackson sits out Rams practice

3 hours ago • BY KATHLEEN NELSON

Running back Steven Jackson missed practice Wednesday, the first day of preparation for the Rams' game Sunday in Chicago. Coach Jeff Fisher said Jackson was "day-to-day" because of a groin strain.

Jackson suffered the injury on a 20-yard run a few plays before crossing the plane of the goal line on what appeared to be a touchdown. He then spiked the ball, a legal move after a TD, but was assessed an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, since the officials did not signal a touchdown. Jackson did not return to the game.

If Jackson is unable to play Sunday, Terrance Ganaway might get some playing time. Though he joined the Rams just September 1, he is larger at 6-1 and 240 than the Rams' two draft choices this year, Isaiah Pead and Daryl Richardson, who back up Jackson.

Also unable to practice Wednesday was tackle Wayne Hunter, who had replaced Rodger Saffold at left tackle. Saffold left Sunday's victory over Washington with a sprained MCL. Hunter left briefly with an ankle injury but returned Sunday. If Hunter is unable to play, the Rams could rely on Ty Nsekhe against the Bears.

Other players who remained on the sideline were S Matthew Daniels (hamstring), FB Brit Miller (thigh) and DT Michael Brockers (ankle).

DT Matt Conrath, returned to the field and did work on the sidelines. Conrath missed the first two games of the regular season because of a knee injury.
          -09-19-2012, 06:25 PM
        • r8rh8rmike
          Rams Notebook: Jackson Has Pie-High Hopes
          by r8rh8rmike
          Rams Notebook: Jackson has pie-high hopes

14 hours ago • By Jim Thomas [email protected]314-340-8197

Like millions of Americans, Thanksgiving Day for running back Steven Jackson means loading up at the dinner table.

But after he left Rams Park on Thursday afternoon for the family gathering, Jackson was more likely to head for the dessert line before the main course.

“I’m pretty good about my protein and other lean options, as well as vegetables,” Jackson said. “But where I do damage is at the desert tray. My mom has this amazing chocolate pie that was passed down from my grandmother. She’s the only one of nine children that remembers how to make the recipe.

“So you gotta get your slice because my aunts and uncles from around the country are always begging her to make more because it reminds them of their mom.”

Before pie time, Jackson returned to practice Thursday on a limited basis after sitting out Wednesday with what looks to be a minor foot ailment.

“I feel good,” Jackson said. “Coach (Jeff) Fisher does a great job of managing the veteran players, not only myself. He asks us how we’re feeling, and if he thinks that it’d be beneficial to have a day to get myself back to recoup from the game, he’s very reasonable about that.”

As for his piece of the backfield pie against the New York Jets, Jackson offered no complaints. He had 13 carries to six for rookie Daryl Richardson in the Rams’ 27-13 loss.

“I’ve learned over the years that football’s the ultimate team sport, and the more unselfish you are the more it’s (easier) for the other guys to buy into the program,” Jackson said. “And that’s my whole deal. At this point in my career, I just want to win.

“I want to be part of a winning program, and through my veteran leadership I try to give maximum effort each and every play and take advantage of the opportunities given to me. If they see me do that, I think everyone else will do the same.”

INJURY UPDATE

As was the case with Jackson, tight end Lance Kendricks (knee) participated on a limited basis Thursday after sitting out a day earlier, so at this point both players appear on track to play Sunday in Arizona.

But wide receiver Danny Amendola (foot) did not practice for the second day in a row. Neither did linebacker Mario Haggan (elbow). A new addition to the injury report was safety/special teamer Rodney McCleod, who did not practice because of a calf issue.

In Arizona, the Cardinals’ list of players who were limited participation dropped to six players Thursday from 10 Wednesday. Among those still limited are starters DE Calais Campbell (calf), FS Kerry Rhodes (back), and CB William Gay (groin), as well as key contributors RB LaRod Stephens-Howling (ribs) and WR Early Doucet (ribs).

TURKEY TIME

Fisher...
          -11-23-2012, 02:30 PM
        Working...
        X